PDA

View Full Version : Oscars New Bar

April 11th, 2007, 19:58
Good luck to the new owners of the old My Life Bar to be re-named Oscars.

David, the friendly and bubbly former owner of Le Cage (with Daniel) deserves to be well supported for all the charitable work that he does on behalf of Thais for Life and PGF and the camp courtesy he gives all his customers. Apart from his stage appearances as half of the Dolly Sisters (the larger half!) and despite his medical problems he continues to be one of Pattaya's nicer personalities with a good word for everyone - well almost. No doubt many of his former customers will now decamp to Boyz Town.

As for the history of My Life: it started as a business premises (having laid empty for many years after it was built in the early 80s as the Indian owner refused to sell) as a laundry run by two charming young Thais; after a short while they decided to turn it into a karaoke bar which they sucessfully ran for over a year. It was then sold to the lunatic (meant in its correct sense as one affected by the new moon) former owner of Amor Bar (where Amor Restuarant now is that was formerly the Key Hole straight bar) who tried to keep the Amor name before changing it to Mandate and introducing for a short while some go-go hosts. I believe Terry became involved in partnership with him quite a while later and has continued to run My Life for the past eleven years - not a bad achievement for a small go-go less bar. And good luck to Terry in his retirement.

And Oscars? Originally a bar of this name was situated opposite the present Ice Cafe Berlin opened by a triple partnership of Ron, Martin Fruitin and another former circus employee from the States who got done out of his share and decamped. Ron tried to keep it going for a while by turning it into a cafe downstairs with a go-go bar upstairs. It lasted a short while before the shutters went up.

To complete this story some readers may remember Wildes Bar down near Soi Diamond, Thai run and again short lived demonstrsting that location is everything. They had some quite good cabaret shows from, I believe Tiffanys and Alcazar and the layout was nice not having those aweful pillars every four metres, but the surrounding straight bars ensured very few farang customers willing to run the gauntlet of straights watching the comings and goings.

[/google]

April 11th, 2007, 22:43
"The only duty we owe history is to rewrite it." Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde

Best wishes for every success in Oscar.

jinks
April 11th, 2007, 23:06
No geneman... don't rewrite it tell it like it is, or in this case, was.

Have you started your autobiography ?

:flower: We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars: From Mr Wilde too

April 12th, 2007, 03:23
Nice one Jinks.

If I don't no one else will and the answer is yes and you're in it! Sadly a later chapter.

Actually, if only one per cent of the REAL story was told none of us would be let back into Thailand!

And by the way, stop peeping over my shoulder.

April 12th, 2007, 03:58
Good luck to the new owners of the old My Life Bar to be re-named Oscars.

David, the friendly and bubbly former owner of Le Cage (with Daniel) deserves to be well supported for all the charitable work that he does on behalf of Thais for Life and PGF and the camp courtesy he gives all his customers. Apart from his stage appearances as half of the Dolly Sisters (the larger half!) and despite his medical problems he continues to be one of Pattaya's nicer personalities with a good word for everyone - well almost. No doubt many of his former customers will now decamp to Boyz Town.

As for the history of My Life: it started as a business premises (having laid empty for many years after it was built in the early 80s as the Indian owner refused to sell) as a laundry run by two charming young Thais; after a short while they decided to turn it into a karaoke bar which they sucessfully ran for over a year. It was then sold to the lunatic (meant in its correct sense as one affected by the new moon) former owner of Amor Bar (where Amor Restuarant now is that was formerly the Key Hole straight bar) who tried to keep the Amor name before changing it to Mandate and introducing for a short while some go-go hosts. I believe Terry became involved in partnership with him quite a while later and has continued to run My Life for the past eleven years - not a bad achievement for a small go-go less bar. And good luck to Terry in his retirement.

And Oscars? Originally a bar of this name was situated opposite the present Ice Cafe Berlin opened by a triple partnership of Ron, Martin Fruitin and another former circus employee from the States who got done out of his share and decamped. Ron tried to keep it going for a while by turning it into a cafe downstairs with a go-go bar upstairs. It lasted a short while before the shutters went up.

To complete this story some readers may remember Wildes Bar down near Soi Diamond, Thai run and again short lived demonstrsting that location is everything. They had some quite good cabaret shows from, I believe Tiffanys and Alcazar and the layout was nice not having those aweful pillars every four metres, but the surrounding straight bars ensured very few farang customers willing to run the gauntlet of straights watching the comings and goings.

[/google]

David is a very nice lad. Good to see him back in Boyz Town.

From the bottom of my heart - I truly wish David all the very best for his new bar OSCARS ...

jinks
April 12th, 2007, 04:39
Nice one jinks.

If I don't no one else will and the answer is yes and you're in it!

Sadly a later chapter.

And by the way, stop peeping over my shoulder.

If I remain in a later chapter it won't get promoted quite as well as the "other book" that spent quite a while in this forum. :cat:

April 12th, 2007, 05:49
How about a special inside front cover dedication to ensure your publicity! I know you could supply lots of photos and other memorabilia.

April 12th, 2007, 08:46
There seems to be an assumption that we all know where this is. Bangkok? Phuket? Chiang Mai?

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 12th, 2007, 09:37
and they are hugely amusing-never seen them out of drag ( they are in drag aren't they ?)

so good luck to My Life Bar !! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

( are we sure we want to compare it to poor old Oscar Wilde ?..he didn't meet a timely fate after all ?)

I'd like to think it's named after my dear friend Oscar de la Renta !!.

travelerjim
April 12th, 2007, 11:15
There seems to be an assumption that we all know where this is. Bangkok? Phuket? Chiang Mai?

Located in Pattaya - Boyztown....
next door to Throb Club and Serene Hotel Bar...two doors from Panorama Club.

Best Wishes David for your continued success...
and Thanks Terry for your ever welcoming smile and wave.

Look forward to seeing you David .....and your new Oscars Club soon.

..and Thanks David for your wonderful charitable efforts...
and your leadership over the years with Thais4Life.

TravelerJim

catawampuscat
April 12th, 2007, 13:28
Firstly, geneman, where have you been all these years. ?
Your knowledge of the boy bar scene going back decades,
is truly interesting and I for one, hope you continue to post and reflect on some of the past as it applies to the present.
For example, most of us who have never visited Pattaya or followed this forum, would not know about Niddy's Nook
and someone who arrived yesterday would only see Office Boy Bar. This example is very current but maybe not the best
one.

My Life has had its ups and down like any boy bar and sometimes the place was packed with eager lads and other times
a skeleton crew of one or two. Beer bars are needed in Pattayaland Sois 1 and 2 and I wish someone would open
up a beer bar on these two sois, for those who like a break from the go go bars and want to chat and enjoy a little
quieter atmosphere.

I imagine that lady boys will be the host(esse)s at Oscars and I suppose it will juice up the hetero tourists who must walk
thru the Boyztown soi. I love it when farangs pick up their cameras and take photos of the hetero tourists. Sort of like
the apes in the zoo taking photos of the visiting humans. Maybe another poor example. darn it all....

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 12th, 2007, 20:17
"I love it when farangs pick up their cameras and take photos of the hetero tourists"

.. isn't that what people do on holday..take snaps ??? :cyclopsani:

April 12th, 2007, 20:29
Autobiography? I don't have a car.

catawampuscat
April 12th, 2007, 23:38
Looks like every posting of sweet ole me, will get savaged by the ranting and ravings of a sociopath. For reasons beyond the comprehension
of normal folk, a poster on this forum has taken up the responsibility to spew forth the same old bile over and over. Baht-stop.com is a great
forum and full of nice guys and as far as I know only two posters were ever banned there.
lmtu/earwig of course and his top man pearl/lunchboozer and both have vented outrage at baht-stop.com ever since.

The other website which my personal sociopath refers to is gaythailand.com where lmut/earwig is most unwelcome by the
moderator/gaybutton and on continuous moderator status. I choose to stop posting on that site for reasons I have explained
previously in other similar attacks and I was never made unwelcome by gaybutton,stef or rainwalker. I found fault with the
favoritism from the other owner and I found myself in profound disagreement with that forum and frankly the owner felt
the same way about catawampuscat. One thing we profoundly disagreed about was lmtu/earwig. Enough of that old baggage.

I do not see how this crap has anything to do with the thread topic but is just another boring attempt to make every thread and every
topic about him. give it a rest already

By the way, the name change from My Place to Oscars take effect on the first according to my deep throat source. :cat:

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 12th, 2007, 23:55
"I do not see how this crap has anything to do with the thread topic but is just another boring attempt to make every thread and every topic about him."

I love your whacky sense of humour..denouncing a poster for ranting about himself--while you have a rant about yourself at the same time is quite a feat !! :cheers:

It's you who is bringing over a cart-load of suitcases and God only knows what you have in them..maybe a load of brickbats but if I posted something in this thread that wasn't about OSCARS, then you must not have your spectacles on. :geek:

April 13th, 2007, 01:07
By the way, the name change from My Place to Oscars take effect on the first according to my deep throat source. :cat:

My Life not "My Place" has already changed names and is now called OSCARS, but you would have to have visited Boyz Town to have noticed , may be your source has, but his hair was in his eyes :blackeye:

catawampuscat
April 13th, 2007, 09:30
The new signage is in place bothhans, but the formal change will take place on the first. This is of little import
and was just an aside and an attempt to stay on topic so maybe better to just focus on the horrors of the one day closing
of Friendship. :idea:

catawampuscat
April 13th, 2007, 22:51
Off topic and off the wall. Get this man a padded cell.

Gaybutton has said many many times lmtu/etal. would be banned if he had control of that and
he has made abundantly clear that there is no love in his heart for earwig/lmtu. Earwig/lmtu
has finally flipped out if he thinks gaybutton likes him and of course like every thread where
he posts, it is all about him and fuck the topic and lets only talk about him.

OK, last time I bite and I will try hard to ignore the madness and hopefully the moderators will
end this thread and spare the rest of the forum from more ranting and raving. Even smiles would have to agree..
Boring boring boring and stupid stupid stupid and enough......

April 14th, 2007, 08:13
Why dont the 2 of you (LMTU and Catawumpus) put each other on your ignore lists and spare the rest of us any more of this nonsense.

It is really not doing either of you any credit.

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 14th, 2007, 08:27
this banter can be most amusing and prepare imminent visitors to Pattaya for life amongst the ex-pats ! :cheers:

( well it's better than that blog from the British diplomat !)

Funny that you say this LMTU : "Why would GB like or dislike me, all he has to do is moderate Gaythailand has just asked him for him while as he is away taking care of his business,"

Gaythailand regularly tells people that the board isn't connected to him in any way !

(ps- I hope he didn't pay too much for www.drag.com . If he's waiting for an big offer I think he'll be disappointed)

April 14th, 2007, 08:36
this banter can be most amusing and prepare imminent visitors to Pattaya for life amongst the ex-pats ! ...

Oh brilliant.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement for buying a retirement Villa in Pattaya then is it?