PDA

View Full Version : Googles China censorship policy

April 10th, 2007, 07:57
Google agreed with the Chinese government to block Web sites on things like Falun Gong, Tiananmen Square, and Chinese free speech as a trade-off for getting access to lucrative, rapidly growing new markets of Internet users in China.

Their presence in China тАФ is nothing more than the Great Firewall of China. Is there no limit to this companies insatiable greed at the true expense of proper information for all.

April 10th, 2007, 08:07
Google ... Is there no limit to this companies insatiable greed at the true expense of proper information for all.Gosh yes - it might almost be owned by Rupert Murdoch, the way it's behavin' towards China

April 10th, 2007, 10:05
Murdoch? As far as I know he hasn't stepped into Asia proper yet. Fucking Bush supporting arse-hole. Has this site site, our "very own" Sawatdee Gay Thailand have Proboards as its provider? I dont think so.

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 10th, 2007, 14:50
the Chinese authorities and Google I mean !!

oh and Rupert Murdoch as well :cheers:

The reason he doesn't set foot in China is because there is an arrest warrant out for him which has never been re-called by the Chinese government-after he upset them by broadcasting the BBC on Star TV. Every effort he has made to suck up to them since has been re-coiled...they even kept the $200M deposit he gave the government to set up cable TV there.

All will be well soon--the old codger will kick the bucket and Wendy (probably a secret agent) will run the show with her 2 daughters.

April 10th, 2007, 16:01
Sometimes the Chinese Government can be so sensible, and yet....

April 10th, 2007, 19:46
All will be well soon--the old codger will kick the bucket and Wendy (probably a secret agent) will run the show with her 2 daughters.Rupert is an inspiration to all us old codgers. As you get older, keep trading in the missus for a newer, younger model