PDA

View Full Version : The old Freeman Disco in Bangkok ....

Smiles
April 10th, 2007, 06:42
Talking about discos . . . anyone know anything about this place:

G.O.D.

Small alley between Silom Soi 2 and Soi Thaniya. The former Freeman is reborn as "Guys On Display".
Found this blurb on the Utopia site, and looks as if it's in the space where Freeman Disco used to be.
I always enjoyed the raunchy Freeman ~ mostly early 2000's I should add ~ but haven't stepped into Soi 2 for a few years now. But the Beloved enjoys his dancing as do I so sooner or later we'll probably end up here one night.

Anyone intimate with the details of GOD?

Cheers ...

wowpow
April 10th, 2007, 08:09
"Nightlife - Discotheque
G.O.D. Guys On Display
AC B D G K l
60/18-21 Si Lom Road Soi 2/1
Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500
Phone: 0 - 26 32 - 80 33
How to find: Small soi between Soi Thaniya and Rama 4 Road, directly at the BTS Station "Sala Daeng", opposite Silom Complex.
Open: 22.00 - 5.00
Dance Arena on three floors. Bangkok's pleasant gay disco with excellent DJs. Was Freeman Disco."
BBB Group Thaiguys website

No mention of it being part of the group anymore?

April 10th, 2007, 08:14
Guys On Display is indeed the old Freemans. It's owned by one of the partners in BBB Group and someone who's "big" in the Patpong straight scene (and therefore knows every policeman and politician worth knowing in Bangkok)

TrongpaiExpat
April 10th, 2007, 12:53
It had an off and on again opening for months. Some nights that soi was dead, other signs of life. They even tried and may now from time to time ignore the closing times.

The show is not consistant. It's not the old Freeman group. They are still around and perform at Babylon most weekends.

It does not have the following of DJ, G-Star or the Door.

Boxer
April 10th, 2007, 19:34
Smiles dear you will have to read the http://www.PGreport.com out online every Wednesday morning. Full information there on G.O.D.Calling for weeks! Jungle feaver every Wed I am told, maybe they need it after reading our report.

thrillbill
April 10th, 2007, 21:38
:bounce: When G.O.D. first opened and all the clubs in BKK were able to stay open until the wee, wee hours- G.O.D. (the "old" Freemans which was tastefully remodeled last year) was the place to hit after DJ's closed up. The sound system and music was great; the place hired some crazy dancers to be on the "catwalk" (who knows who that stupid Dutch gal with the baseball cap and fan came from??) ; and there was plenty of room to move without feeling crunched like at DJ's. Unfortuantely after the BKK police started to force places to close at 1:30am, the crowds that use to be there dwindled down... G.O.D. does try to stay open until about 3. What is crazy is that they charge more to get in than DJ's. You think they would charge less so more people would enter- DUH (no brainer). I still go there since it is easier to meet people at this club than the crowded ones on soi 2.

April 10th, 2007, 21:45
Unfortuantely after the BKK police started to force places to close at 1:30am, the crowds that use to be there dwindled down

Yeah, it's a real pisser when the police actually do their jobs, isn't it?

sjaak327
April 11th, 2007, 01:51
I been there a couple of weeks ago, the entrance was 100 baht, but you got a drink for that, so no problem. I have been to freeman a couple of times, which did decent shows. On the night I was there, I counted about 10 customers, went out after that first drink, but I might have been there too early. (12.30 am).

April 11th, 2007, 07:03
I been there a couple of weeks ago, the entrance was 100 baht, but you got a drink for that, so no problem. I have been to freeman a couple of times, which did decent shows. On the night I was there, I counted about 10 customers, went out after that first drink, but I might have been there too early. (12.30 am).
G.O.D. did have opening time problems a few weeks ago but for the past two weeks it's been back to normal operating hours. I really like the place and I'm a regular there maybe three nights a week. There's nothing else in that soi to attract anyone so place never fills up until after DJ's has closed. So it starts to get busy around 3.00am. Last weekend and tonight it was open until 5.00am. The entrance fee is 240 Baht including 2 drinks.

the place hired some crazy dancers to be on the "catwalk" (who knows who that stupid Dutch gal with the baseball cap and fan came from??)
I know a couple of the dancers and a few of the regular boys there who like to get on the stage. Boy ... they get so angry with that wrinkled, skinny old fag hag in the black bra and cap who can't keep her hands off them. Most of the guys on the dance floor try to ignore her but really, they wish she'd FishOff
.................:pukeright: