View Full Version : Bomb blast in BKK

April 10th, 2007, 04:43
I don't know much details.. but my BF just called to tell me he had been at a late movie showing at the large movie complex up near JJ Market (sorry I dont remember the name.. but its the biggest theater complex in BKK), and a bomb went off in front of the theater. Many police around and it took him an extra hour to get out of the movie complex. That's all I know for now... I'm just relieved he was not hurt.

fedssocr
April 10th, 2007, 04:55
The Nation reports 3 phone booths destroyed but apparently no injuries. Theater was one of the targets of the New Years bombings.

bucknaway
April 10th, 2007, 05:26
If this pattern continues, I may have to skip Thailand and change my trip to China and Vietnam. :(

Aunty
April 10th, 2007, 05:56
If this pattern continues, I may have to skip Thailand and change my trip to China and Vietnam. :(

Aw you big American poofter!!

Any further updates on the bombing, I can't find anything on CNN??

bucknaway
April 10th, 2007, 07:20
Hey! Thailand is not married to me! I don't see no ring on my finger.... And besides... We all know what my visits were about. (Pulls up collar on trench coat and walks out of post when no one is watching).

April 10th, 2007, 07:33

Unless you're a phone booth, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

April 10th, 2007, 08:05
The Nation reports 3 phone booths destroyed but apparently no injuriesNone of them had Superman inside?

Aunty
April 10th, 2007, 10:21
Hey! Thailand is not married to me! I don't see no ring on my finger.... And besides... We all know what my visits were about. (Pulls up collar on trench coat and walks out of post when no one is watching).

Are you going to flash me before you go? That's what people do who wear trenchcoats you know! I mean really it's th least you could do.

I imagine you run a greater risk of dying in a plane crash, or a car accident, than in any bombing in Bangkok.

bigben
April 10th, 2007, 12:21
What I find a bit concerning is that no mention of the Bangkok bomb is mentioned in todays Bangkok Post newspaper nor the popular ThaiRak (sp) newspaper.

First it was Youtube....then Panthip forum and now apparently the BKK Post and Thai newspapers. Hmmmmmmmm......

elephantspike
April 10th, 2007, 12:24
First it was Youtube....then Panthip forum and now apparently the BKK Post and Thai newspapers. Hmmmmmmmm......

Just for the record, this site was banned long before youtube was!

bigben
April 10th, 2007, 12:39
According to another board, the bomb in Bangkok is mentioned in the BKK Post on the internet edition. But I didn't see it in the hard (newspaper) edition and my friend confirms he didn't see it mentioned in the Thai newspaper this morning...

Sorry about that.......