PDA

View Full Version : Dysfunctional members post here please.

jinks
April 10th, 2007, 04:39
I also agree that this board is more fun than the others. There's a true community here, dysfunctional as it is.
I know there are many more people here who just lurk instead of posting, probably out of fear. Wish more people would post.

Dboy

Stand up and be counted.

Dboy
April 10th, 2007, 04:47
nice:-)

April 15th, 2007, 19:30
I have just realised that I never see that old term used on this forum these days so it will probably annoy quite a few of you anyway!!

I rarely post, and certainly avoid confronting anyone - I think my energy is better spent on other things.

Dysfunctional??????? What does that mean? I am a 48 year old, overweight gay man living in London. My attempts at relationships are a disaster, but I have a great job which I really enjoy, I am completing my Masters simply for my own satisfaction and sense of achievement, I have wonderful friends that are my family and always there when I need them - unconditional love, they pick up the pieces no matter how much of a prat I have made of myself, and usually refrain from slapping me round the head until I am a little less emotionally raw from my latest escapade.

I am besotted with Thailand, and Thai men. It is not rational, and the obsession has cost me dear, both in terms of finances and currently a broken and bleeding heart. But I am not about to give it up, just avoiding Thialand for a year or so to give my heart a chance to heal, and to grow my defences again - this board always helps to restore that healthy shield of cynicism.

So maybe, on reflection, I am truly dysfunctional!! But life is for living, and taking risks is part of that. So here goes for whatever life throws at me next!

Cheers!

April 15th, 2007, 19:48
I am completing my Masters ... ... of the Universe? :idea:

April 16th, 2007, 19:11
He said, "Therefore, you are dysfunctional."

So I talked.
He listened.
After fifteen-minutes, he called and had himself commited.
The men in little white coats came so fast, I didn't even get my full-fifty-minutes-worth!

Well, that's the story of my life, damn it!
It's enough to drive anyone insane!

I suppose that's good news, considering the price of petrol.

April 17th, 2007, 02:47
I am besotted with Thailand, and Thai men. It is not rational, and the obsession has cost me dear, both in terms of finances and currently a broken and bleeding heart. But I am not about to give it up, just avoiding Thialand for a year or so to give my heart a chance to heal, and to grow my defences again - this board always helps to restore that healthy shield of cynicism.

Cynicism - from whom? Speak for yourself, please. We are all believers of true love here, aren't we Smiles? ~ bouyed by Buddhist compassion and piety and the gentle, sweet, sincere smiles of the Thai people.

PS What happened to your partner? Weren't you married sometime back? Do tell.

Go with love, grow with love.

April 17th, 2007, 02:50
I am completing my Masters ... ... of the Universe? :idea:

He's doing a Masters in International Relations. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha! :bounce: