PDA

View Full Version : Criminal record now required to teach in Thailand

puckered_penguin
April 8th, 2007, 07:38
This little note on the 'home page" http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/
(under 'Consular Announcements') took me by surprise . . . .

" Visa for English Teacher : Criminal Record is now required . "

Is this a typical Thai compromise of: ''as most Teachers have a record'' let's now make it compulsory?

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 8th, 2007, 08:02
for instance Paul Anka's "(You're Having My Baby" from the 70's could be considered a criminal record. :compress:

jinks
April 8th, 2007, 18:02
for instance Paul Anka's "(You're Having My Baby" from the 70's could be considered a criminal record. :compress:

And I did LOL nice retort :cheers:

Bob
April 11th, 2007, 15:33
I just love farangs who sit around making fun of the Thai. It is just SO MUCH FUN.

Not really so much fun, just incredibly easy these days. For example only, the Mayor of Chiangmai and the Governor of Chiangmai Province have promised that the skies up here will be clear by the beginning of songkran. I'm guessing they mean the official beginning (the water throwing started in earnest a day or two ago) which is the 13th. That gives them 2 days to get outside and suck wind. I suggest they start quickly.....haha.

For more examples, read the Post or the Nation....

April 11th, 2007, 18:01
... a criminal record to be a prerequisite to settle in Australia :bounce:

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 12th, 2007, 09:54
""... a criminal record to be a prerequisite to settle in Australia""

my dear old friend John Hervey, the deceased 7th Marquis of Bristol, a cocaine snorting sex tourist and avid devourer of male hustlers attempted to use this excuse when I ran into him in the Sydney gay enclave of Oxford Street many years ago !.

he said he was due to front a court on an immigration charge for not having declared his criminal record upon arriving !!

3 days later I read he said from the dock "I thought ... a criminal record to be a prerequisite to visit Australia".
he was deported shortly after.