PDA

View Full Version : the times ara a changin

February 3rd, 2006, 12:54
As time goes on ,Gay bars and GO GO S change their names and more enterprenuers move in.
It seems a few jealous posters on the Gay Sawatdee forum like to post negative comments about new gay operated businesses in the Pattaya area.
These people dont like to see "change".They like everything to stay in the past.They especially dont like to see"younger" gay businesspeople moving into what they consider their "territory".
This has been the case with NIDDYS NOOK ,which was knocked by posters continually on the forum.Funnily enough none of the posters had been there.It was just the fact the owner was young,and it was a business catering for more modern gays.The old gay clib of Pattaya is mostly made up of the old gays.
Give newer gay businesses a chance and dont listen to people who want to live in the past.The times are a changin,and more modern gay places are starting with fresher ideas ,more party atomosphere and a better fun time for all.
I know several readers who live in New Zealand who dont post and also like places that cater for us blokes in our 30 s and 40 s ,and those in their 20 s.Businesses need to change to meet newr customer expectations from the younger customer age bracket.Its unfortanaute that a few old fogeys think they can decide who business is good.Most of the money coming into Thailand comes from visiting tourists not expats.
DONT DELETE THIS POST,YOU ONLY DELETE IT BECAUSE YOU KNOW ITS TRUE! for others i now have a blog.

elephantspike
February 3rd, 2006, 13:06
Thank you for starting a blog. I was going to suggest that. You can allow/disallow whoever you want on your blog. You need to be more respectful on the board, but your blog is your personal space.

These people dont like to see "change".They like everything to stay in the past.They especially dont like to see"younger" gay businesspeople moving into what they consider their "territory".
This has been the case with NIDDYS NOOK

I think Chris is around our age (late thirties) isn't he?

February 3rd, 2006, 16:25
He is probably the most disrespectful poster on the board yet he critizes others? I guess he truly is in the land of OZ.

February 4th, 2006, 08:09
The notion of mrsydney as a "businessman" is definitely worth contemplating (if I can stop laughing long enough)

February 4th, 2006, 08:20
While everyone is entitled to an opinion, indeed they should not unfairly criticize or condemn anything without justification.

However, I believe while Niddys Nook continue to use this board so excessively for free advertising they must understand that in doing so they are opening the door for responses, both positive AND negative, rational AND loony, fair AND unfair.

Personally, I wish them and all other new businesses every success - perhaps Pattaya needs a fresh approach to gay business.

February 4th, 2006, 09:53
I would have added a queston mark to my subject caption but can't find the damn question mark key on this keyboard! Anyway, at the risk of being labelled a Mr Sydney stooge, or indeed labelled as Mr Sydney in disguise, I must say that as a new member to the forum I have found his comments funny, entertaining, informative and on the whole, spot on! I have yet to find anything he says offensive (you really must try harder Mr Sydney :compress: ). I get the impression that Mr Sydney doesn't need my endorsement, but it may be interesting for others on the board to hear that Mr Sydney may be speaking for a great many more people than you can guess at.

yaraboy
February 4th, 2006, 10:46
Mrs bloody Sydney is good value. He shakes this board up a bit, So he is rude and politically incorrect............bring it on! Label it perverse humour. I gather that some of his notes are written when pissed.............excellent, a man needs inspiration.

February 4th, 2006, 12:43
"...some of his notes are written while pissed."

"Pissed?"

Him or his notes? ( :idea: Think, 'writing in the snow.')

All's I know, one time I laughed so hard m' G & T went up m'nose, & for a day, I couldn't type without getting a shock. A cheap thrill--But I takes what I can get.

As for Sydney; I hear, before he rides his bike, he removes the seat. :ky:

Smiles
February 4th, 2006, 22:32
". . . As for Sydney; I hear, before he rides his bike, he removes the seat. :ky: . . . "
In MrSydney's world I suppose this could be referred to as "barebiking"? :pottytrain2:

Cheers ...