PDA

View Full Version : Robs TiME bAR CLOSED

December 29th, 2005, 14:23
Must say that im surprised,shocked and devastated to find out that Robs Time Bar has closed. Whilst not one of my faves it still rated well with me.

December 30th, 2005, 02:27
Yes Johnny,just opposite Montys POOL I recall.
Seems Harrys Bar is up for sale,im sure he has a mini mart too,opposite Kaos.

Smiles
December 30th, 2005, 05:34
3 out of 4 posts (by The Tout and The Troll) "ignored" . . . LOVE this feature. More should try it :lol:

Cheers ...

December 30th, 2005, 11:28
I think when you are "mine host" to a Bar like this, you have to encompass all types of people, not just your favorites, also it helps to be there sometimes not just a few days a week.

You trying to tell us something. No your right,a successful businessman can get along with anyone,sort of being like a cab driver,they have different people in their bar,different personalities etc and you have to be able to get along with all sorts.I like DUCS BAR ,his bar attracts a lot of down to earth working class types which makes for good conversation and he talks to everyone and is not arrogant.Memories bar is also good but i find it caters more for those upper classs poofs ,the ones who like wine and wear white shoes and talk about things i dont understand.You find a lot of people like this wear white shoes,not that i look at peoples shoes.Once i even saw a few feminine types wearing that 70 s khaki outfit,with white shoes.I got nothing against white shoes but those who talk loudest seem to wear them.This was all in Sunee Plaza area.
But its pork sandwiches are great at Memories,its just not my fave drinking hole.

Geezer
December 30th, 2005, 11:36
Our taste in drivel must be similar. I wish there were some way drivellers could know they were being ignored. Perhaps they would be encouraged to improve their product.

The thread, тАЬPersonal Album PicsтАЭ has a perfect score on my screen, not a single visible posting . Sorry LMTU. At times you provide good information, but breathlessly shouting over a megaphone while wearing a sandwich board overloads my aging nervous system.

December 30th, 2005, 11:44
Are you wearing those White shoes when your telling us this Geezer?

December 30th, 2005, 12:40
Memories, its just not my fave drinking hole.

I'm sure the owners are grateful.

sing_lofty_sing
December 31st, 2005, 17:20
Never been in Robs, walked passed it many times but only ever saw 1 customer and i think that must have been the boss. I like to sit and have a beer at the bar opposite Top Man club, cant remember its name now, but its good as the boys never hassle you there.

January 1st, 2006, 15:55
You mean the bar on the corner? Yere i like that one too,plays good 80 s music ,I remember sitting outside singing to 99 luft balloons .
You can sit inside or outside.I forget the name,im sure the owner has a tan coloured vehicle with a flower type mural painted on the side door and he parks it opp directly on the Corner.

January 1st, 2006, 15:59
I like to sit and have a beer at the bar opposite Top Man club, cant remember its name now, but its good as the boys never hassle you there.

Foret House?

January 2nd, 2006, 11:59
Forest House