PDA

View Full Version : Add file attachmens to posts now-images, movies, music...

elephantspike
April 4th, 2007, 02:37
I have it installed on subSilver and Aphrodite. I'm working on getting it onto Morpheus now.

Feel free to play around with the new "add attachment" feature in the message-posting screen. There is a link there that shows the allowed extensions. I can adjust that and add more. Let me know if you have any file types you'd like added. Right now, for still images, I have it set to automatically thumbnail images larger than 50 kb. When you click the thumbnail, it downloads the image.

The attachment quota per user and for usergroups is adjustable by me, too.
(Hint: Golden members will be granted a larger quota)

Smiles
April 4th, 2007, 03:12
test

That seems to work. Takes up a lot of room though.
The photo has really been automatically reduced substantially. That photo is much larger in my HD folder.

Cheers ...

elephantspike
April 4th, 2007, 03:14
If you reduce the file size to less than 50kb, it won't thumbnail.

BTW;

This works in private messages, too.

elephantspike
April 4th, 2007, 03:18
OK, obviously I need to play with the setiings a bit, but You get the idea..

Smiles
April 4th, 2007, 03:20
OK, sorry I didn't realize this was a thumbnail thing. You're right, click on the photo and it comes up regular size. Gotcha!

Cheers ...

bucknaway
April 4th, 2007, 03:57
testing 1, 2, 3.

April 4th, 2007, 07:13
I just clicked Smiles beach pic he put up, and it not only downloaded in a new window but onto my desk top as well! As much as I love the holiday snap of himself, I am trying to limit the clutter on my desk top?

Smiles
April 4th, 2007, 08:02
" ... As much as I love the holiday snap of himself ... "
:blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: Ha ha. As Cher said once " ... no no no it ain't me, Babe ... it ain't me... "

Cheers ...

April 4th, 2007, 08:11
Humm...

TOQ
April 4th, 2007, 08:54
Lets see if Ican get it right

elephantspike
April 4th, 2007, 09:35
Nice pics, guys.

Cedric, you can choose just to open the picture instead of saving it. If you do save it you can save it to a file instead of your desktop. Just change the default in your browser. Which browser are you using?

Ha ha. As Cher said once " ... no no no it ain't me, Babe ... it ain't me... "

That was Bob Dylan. Cher was "I got you, Babe"

April 4th, 2007, 09:40
" ... As much as I love the holiday snap of himself ... "
:blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: Ha ha. As Cher said once " ... no no no it ain't me, Babe ... it ain't me... "

Cheers ...

Is that Mexico? It looks familiar, like it could be Puerto Vallarta? I aint choosing nothing babe,it just pops onto my desk top like nothing ever before has.

elephantspike
April 4th, 2007, 09:42
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/files/elephant_love_169.jpg

OK, If you want to get rid of the download box, just right-click on the image to view the url, and coy and paste it onto the board between the image bbcode tags and then delete the attachment.

This won't work for the location of the full-size image if your image has been thumbnailed, at least not unless I figure out how to mod-rewrite those variable urls like I did recently with the album pics. Shouldn't be too hard.

April 4th, 2007, 09:46
Whats a right click?

elephantspike
April 4th, 2007, 09:48
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/files/thumbs/t_myway_138.jpg (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/download.php?id=43)

OK, If you play with it, you can make a linked thumbnail without the download box using the bbcode, as I've done here, but if you do this, you cannot delete the original attachment, or it will show the thumbnail, but it will link nowhere. Maybe we should make a special forum just for attachments to be stored, and then people can just link to them in threads on the other forums?

Correction: If you delete the original file, it won't even show the thumbnail anymore once the cache of the thumbnail image is cleared.

Anyone have any movie files to test out?

April 4th, 2007, 10:01
yea I noticed that wif Flickr, if you deleat the original on flickr the pic turns into a blank here as well. Is there a security issue, posting images off yur desk top?

elephantspike
April 4th, 2007, 10:09
No, you aren't linking to files on your desktop, you are uploading them here. If you delete the image from here, it no longer exists, so any links to it lead nowhere.

The thing that is special about this Attachment MOD is that it allows for users to upload and download all kinds of files, not just to display images inline in posts. People could post maps, menus, brochures and such in pdf format for other members to download. The sky's the limit, really.

We could even post down-loadable software programs with this thing.

April 4th, 2007, 10:16
Super! Anyone have that "reality" screen saver of those wonderful Arowana fish, in high definition I can borrow,it costs 500$ retail?

elephantspike
April 4th, 2007, 13:00
OK, It's added to Morpheus now. It's pretty much complete. I just need to tweak the message preview window on Morpheus.

April 4th, 2007, 13:08
Mmmm hmm, the fish move about gracefully across the screen, blowing the odd bubble?

April 5th, 2007, 09:31
It seems to be working Spikes, fabulous, just drag and drop onto your desk top from the web and then whoosh straight into the forum, no questions asked, all bases covered.