PDA

View Full Version : Bodysurfing down Suckhumvit Road Pattaya - not recommended!

April 3rd, 2007, 20:16
Yes the inevitable happened - my first motorbike accident. Mr Joe - he who take care me - was driving me to Bangkok - Pattaya Hospital to have a very sore throat examined. A crazy motorbike taxi cut us up causing a spill. It turned out to be a 14 year old boy with no driving license, no ID, no money and it was his first day on the job. He had borrowed the motorbike from a friend. Fortunately both Joe and I have massive 'merit' so a miracle happened and we only suffered grazes. A passing ambulance stopped and cleansed and bandaged wounds. I was the worst of the lot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/FriendJoe.jpg

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital A&E are splendid. I was looking to have the wounds cleaned and a bandage slapped on but I had to see a Doc and a nurse which happened very quickly and then the wounds were cleaned and dressed with oodles of bandages making the whole thing look very much over dramatic. The last thing that they do is give you painkillers - paracetamol. I am advised to back for bandage changing for the next 3 days at about 500 baht a time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/DSC00029-1.jpg
The top limb is my arm

After that I went to see the Doc for my throat and he gave me pills and 3 hours later it was pain free and nearly cleared up.

Thanks but No Flowers, No Champagne, No chocolates, No grapes just sent cash!

April 3rd, 2007, 20:38
You have TOES on the end of your ARM??? Eww!

April 3rd, 2007, 20:39
Ouch!

But did the fright take care of the sore throat? :bigsmurf:

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 3rd, 2007, 22:12
are those frilly knickers you are wearing ???

Smiles
April 3rd, 2007, 23:19
Heal up well there Wowpow! And your driver same same.

By the way, Mr Joe is gorgeous, and that ain't no moped 'tween his legs! :cheers:

Cheers ...

PS ... that's an expensive motorbike. Did it survive?
PPS ... all this is very bad karma emanating from your awful squabble with Snowy on Baht-Stop.

April 3rd, 2007, 23:32
to have a very sore throat examined.
You should be more careful what you put in your mouth, always make sure whatever it is, is scrupulously clean before you suck on it!!!!!

April 4th, 2007, 01:23
Wowpow,
Take care, and be sure you accept all the sympathy and gentle caresses that are on offer while you look so hurt!

Cheers

Dick
April 4th, 2007, 03:37
Smiles has got it right! What about the bike... it's all any real biker would have thought about during a minor crisis such as an accident. Just luv Khun Joe's skid lid and goggles. Hope the repairs won't take long, are only superficial and easily remedied with a little autogleam plus lots of loving care and attention. Would hate to think any permanent damage done. I bet paint jobs cost a fortune in Thailand too, so hope that isn't necessary.
Hope to God Joe didn't loose his shades either!

Oh, and hope too your graze gets better soon.

bucknaway
April 4th, 2007, 04:11
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/blkcuteguy/DAM.gif I wan'na ride! Brummmm, Brummmm!

Oh.. And get well soon and all that stuff....

April 4th, 2007, 07:39
Anybody that rides a motorcycle in thailand needs more than his sore throat and cuts inspected.. he needs his head examined!

April 4th, 2007, 07:54
Glad Buddha was watching out for both of you.

April 6th, 2007, 14:09
A crazy motorbike taxi cut us up causing a spill.

I hope all that Botox spilled on Sukumvit didn't cause more accidents.