PDA

View Full Version : The Decline of Boys Town

Marsha-old
April 2nd, 2007, 15:59
Boys town is starting to resemble a desert. The last few nights it has been totally dead.

There was a time when Boys Town was buzzing. The atmosphere was electric. You would have a drink at Panorama or My Life, then you would venture over to Throb/Splash for the shows, scramble to get a good seat as always packed to the rafters. After that you would either finish of in Boys Boys Boys or The Piano Bar at Le Cafe Royal. That was only about 2 years ago.

Now days Panorama Bar is empty most evening, Throb/Splash have one of the worst shows ever, which is hardly a 3rd full these days. BBB hasn't changed in years, same old and cafe royal has not changed that dreadful singer in years.

Boys Town now has serious competition and they need to make great changes otherwise it will become a place of the past.

April 2nd, 2007, 17:20
It is called slow season. Maybe a new better word for it will be dead season. With all the bad publicity and all the harrassment from the gov't I am not surprised things are at their worst in years.

April 2nd, 2007, 17:27
It is called slow season. Maybe a new better word for it will be dead season. With all the bad publicity and all the harrassment from the gov't I am not surprised things are at their worst in years.

The plan seems to be working then!

dab69
April 2nd, 2007, 18:53
has expanded them to
Wild West Boys on Soi 2

April 2nd, 2007, 19:00
"the plan"? God's Divine Plan?

April 2nd, 2007, 19:10
a lot of the businesses if not the majority are run by western "so called" business men, and a bit of a double edged sword really, I think a lot of businesses run by Thai counterparts "don't give a **** and take a lot of risks, by closing after hours, drinking after hours, and the rest, after all they know the score, and whilst one is on holiday one will go for that sort of "offerings", whereas western counterparts in that field will generally not put a foot wrong by closing on time and the "rest".

Secondly, there are a lot more areas to frequent now in Pattaya and I suppose people are spreading out.

Mind you having said that, other areas are not exactly busy at this time of year, in fact BT is probably the busiest, and certainly 3 weeks ago, you could not get a seat during the evening in Panarama - so all it is is "out of season".

BT is still very busy during season. Have you ever been to the other areas during this time, they are basically empty with probably one or two, but more than likely one bar with customers, including Jomtien bars.

a447
April 2nd, 2007, 20:24
I'm planning to spend a few days in Pattaya from April 8.
Am I wasting my time??
Have all the cute guys left town?
Will the farangs be forced to off each other?

Should I just stay in Banhgkok and give Pattaya a big miss?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to decide quickly because I have to book a hotel soon.

TrongpaiExpat
April 2nd, 2007, 20:48
The plan seems to be working then!

"the plan"? God's Divine Plan?

Whoops, it appears that Homi does not really have the "lad" on {ignore} after all.

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 2nd, 2007, 20:54
So now it can be revealed the evil Dr Boygeenyus master plan to drive every poof and fag out of Boystown. We should of known-although Homitern seems to have been on his tail for a while-it's always hidden in plain sight-behind the facade of prim boygeenyus constant bleating about "sex" tourists and pedos is the biggest sex tourist of all...he wants all the boys for himself !!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

(or maybe he's planning to open a little go-go bar in Sunnee Plaza :alien: )

globalwanderer
April 2nd, 2007, 22:15
It's low season.. and this one seems to be one of the lowest of the low... was in Bkk last Friday and many bars only had a few customers. Also have a friend who has a girl bar in Walking Street and In Patpong and says both areas are dead as well

April 2nd, 2007, 22:17
It's low season.. and this one seems to be one of the lowest of the low... was in Bkk last Friday and many bars only had a few customers. Also have a friend who has a girl bar in Walking Street and In Patpong and says both areas are dead as well

Maybe people are finally getting tired of sitting in sleazy, smoky, bars watching boys young enough to be their grandchildren shift their weight from one leg to the other. Oh...and paying almost $10 for a glass of Coke for the privilege of doing so (in some places).

April 2nd, 2007, 22:41
... you are obviously careful when you do your posts on here ... especially "these days" - and one has to interpret between the lines.

Drinks in BT are certainly cheaper than in BKK, a lot cheaper - with regards to the boyz, aren't you being a hypocrit??

April 2nd, 2007, 23:55
A friend of mine has just returned to the states after 2 weeks vacation , and the first thing he said was that most of pattaya including jomtiem was dead , so the first entry is correct.I think 1 of the reasons is that the bar owners still think its ok to charge the prices they do ie 150bht for a drink , 300 for off etc. With the way this season is going why not lower both prices so that more people visit the bars and off the boys. With the high bht at the moment no wonder its a bad time.

April 3rd, 2007, 01:25
Every year it seems the high season disappoints those who remember the high seasons of the past and the low seasons
surprise the expats at how quiet it gets.
The Pattayaland sois have been quiet for the last few years with some exceptions, when bars have good shows.

Many ex-pats get out of town in April as it is the cruelest month.

It is so fucking hot and humid that I only to go bars with the best air conditioning. As the only farang in A-Bomb tonight, I was
informed by the friendly and helpful mamasan that nine (9) boys were offed and I guess they had a run earlier as it was definitely
not busy near midnight. One benefit was no smoking farangs assholes to sit next to.

Only mad dogs and Englishman go out in the midday sun in April and then comes songkran which is another reason to get out of
town unless you are the type that rushes out to buy water machine pump guns and rents out a truck with a barrel of iced water
to have some fun. Hard to believe but some look forward to this and go wild for days on end. Maybe it is the heat that makes them
mad but it gets real old unless you are into playing soldier and cowboys and Indians.
Even some of the hardcore in Sunee get out of town and most expats and tourist in Sunee are leaving now or getting ready to go. :compress:
May ain't a lot better but at least it is quiet and you have your pick.

April 3rd, 2007, 03:46
alternatively, if custom is down in BKK, it could well be "the message has got through" to tourists, i.e. don't go to Thailand - I wonder.

April 3rd, 2007, 04:00
BT has become very expensive over the past 2 years, I was in BT for the new year went to BBB at 11.30 pm ready for the big party, only a hand full of customers in. The year before it was packed.
I was in Pattaya 5 times last year for holidays and each time it was very quite. What's going off?

April 3rd, 2007, 04:03
Gee, I have made 90% of my trips during "slow" season at the end of April. Never had a problem finding lots of cute guys in the bars and I have always prefer the less crowded conditions. A buyer's market so to speak.

lonelywombat
April 3rd, 2007, 06:32
Am I wasting my time??

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to decide quickly because I have to book a hotel soon.

You will find many boys from both BKK and Pattaya will already be home for the conscription ballot, and amny more will leave for home for Songran. The same applies to both BKK and Pattaya

If you one of those guys that cannot enjoy yourself unless the bar is full of farang, or you cannot find a boy out of the 400 remaining in Pattaya why bother to come at all.

Look on the bright side, there is less competition and the boys will be keen to relieve you of your money.

Quiet season is the best time to come, and if the bar is empty of farang you can have a ball.

April 3rd, 2007, 07:36
if the bar is empty of farang you can have a ball.

Spot on.

I have experienced this several time in BT during the low season. It can be a blast if you are willing to buy a setup and throw a party for the boys. Send out for snacks, ask for some Issan music to be played and the somber, shuffling dancers turn into a very anitmated crowd.

April 3rd, 2007, 10:13
if the bar is empty of farang you can have a ball.

Spot on.

I have experienced this several time in BT during the low season. It can be a blast if you are willing to buy a setup and throw a party for the boys. Send out for snacks, ask for some Issan music to be played and the somber, shuffling dancers turn into a very anitmated crowd.

shhhhhh - now dont tell everyone!

bkkguy
April 3rd, 2007, 12:02
It can be a blast if you are willing to buy a setup and throw a party for the boys. Send out for snacks, ask for some Issan music to be played and the somber, shuffling dancers turn into a very anitmated crowd.

funny, I would have expected it was the management's responsibility to keep the boys enthusiastic enough to entertain the customers

bkkguy

April 3rd, 2007, 12:41
It may come as a shock to some, but a few bar owners have been suppling stimulants and
booze to liven up the boys and girls for ages. Standing on your feet in your undies and
looking at unattractive men in the audience is very yawn inducing and a little drug goes a
long way.
Why do you think the police find so many boys to show evidence of yaabaa in their urine.
Booze works to make the boys or girls less inhibited and more fun and all the better if
supplied by the customers.

One bar in Sunee used to need seat belts to keep the boys from hitting the ceilings after smoking
or inhaling the drugs. They continued the practice when they moved to new digs and still fill the place nightly.
Maybe management is taking care of keeping the place lively after all.

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 3rd, 2007, 17:55
my experience has been they don't need bar owners to encourage them..and having popped the odd yabba in the past I can report it's merely the mildest stimulant and rather good-hence it's attractiveness and probably why it's so fatal !!

Dboy
April 3rd, 2007, 20:58
Am I wasting my time??

There's tons to do in Thailand besides fucking boys. That said, you'll still have a fine time in pattaya regardless of the season. Be aware of the Songkran schedule.

http://sunsite.au.ac.th/thailand/specia ... index.html (http://sunsite.au.ac.th/thailand/special_event/songkran/index.html)

Dboy

April 4th, 2007, 00:41
As i said in my previous message, drop the bar prices, 150bht a drink is too much , thats over $4 a shot , even for coke .

lonelywombat
April 4th, 2007, 07:52
As i said in my previous message, drop the bar prices, 150bht a drink is too much , thats over $4 a shot , even for coke .

There is nothing to stop you drinking at bars without boys, say Panorama or the outside bars in Sunee

If the bar has boys [10,15,20+] that are employed for 2,400 per month minimum figure, he is putting on a show and charging you for it.

You dont have to visit a bar if you only want to drink. If you want to look at boys whether you take one off or not,
then there is a premium.

So many of our local gay bars here in OZ for years put on free drag shows with no door charge.

Half the crowd either did not drink at all often bringing empty bottles with them which they refilled with water from taps in the toilet.

Door charge is now standard for all show bars as the only way to recoup costs. No different to LOS.

a447
April 4th, 2007, 18:46
Dboy, Thanks for your info, But what did you mean by:
Be aware of the Songkran schedule.
Also, I'll be coming from Bangkok on Friday 13 April. Are the roads so busy that it wilkl be difficult to get down to Pattaya?

bao-bao
April 4th, 2007, 22:14
Am I wasting my time?? Have all the cute guys left town? Will the farangs be forced to off each other? Should I just stay in Banhgkok and give Pattaya a big miss? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to decide quickly because I have to book a hotel soon.

There's tons to do in Thailand besides fucking boys.

Dboy

Dboy - I couldn't agree with you more. Far more rewarding in the long run, too.

a447 - If you're really only looking for sex, save your money and stay in BKK. There are more chances there than you're going to have time for.

If you're interested in meeting the wonderful people there just clean yourself up, dress decently, go out and turn on your "gaydar." With a bit of patience, some manners and a good smile, you're bound to at least increase your possibilities of finding a new friend or two.

...And you've always got Rosie Palm and her five sisters with you. You can get lube in Thailand, also! :geek:

Dboy
April 5th, 2007, 10:44
Be aware of the Songkran schedule.
Also, I'll be coming from Bangkok on Friday 13 April. Are the roads so busy that it wilkl be difficult to get down to Pattaya?

Songkran gets really insane in Pattaya. Only reason I mentioned it is because your travel dates appear to be just before Songkran. If you've ever attended up-country, its completely different from that. Pattaya's version is over the top. If you like it, fine..but alot of farang get pissed off at being targeted every day for a week. Can't say about the traffic. There are ALOT of road deaths during Songkran, so yeah that could factor in I suppose.

April 18 and 19 will be the big days, but I really don't know when the craziness officially starts. Also heard a comment about water rationing..of course I heard that last year too and there did not appear to be much rationing going on.

The water throwing is supposed to stop at nightfall, so if you plan on hitting the Sunee/boyztown bars, you should be ok after dark.

Whether Bangkok or Pattaya, you'll have a great time. And songkran can be a rather enlightening experience, because you'll see the Thai people in a different way than usual.

Dboy

globalwanderer
April 6th, 2007, 15:20

The water throwing is supposed to stop at nightfall, so if you plan on hitting the Sunee/boyztown bars, you should be ok after dark.

Dboy

But rarely does... especially if you pass any of teh breeder bars!