PDA

View Full Version : Immigration in Jomtien

April 2nd, 2007, 13:00
Hi

I am sure there have been postings on this already so apologies to those who think I should have searched harder!!

I have a 60 day tourist visa which runs out in 10 days time. I believe I can get a 30 day extension to this before having to do a visa run. My question is can I do this at the Jomtien immigration office? I have heard that they are not very cooperative there?

thanks for genuine replies in advance

cheers

globalwanderer
April 2nd, 2007, 13:33
I had no problems last time I was there.......

PeterUK
April 2nd, 2007, 13:42
Yes, fill in the 30 day extension form at the Jomtien immigration office. I don't know who told you they are uncooperative, I have always found them very helpful.

April 2nd, 2007, 15:19
example of completed extension application form: http://www.thaivisa.com/extention-form-example.html

Extensions permitted: http://www.thaivisa.com/298.0.html

Pattaya Immigration are a pretty helpful bunch.
Tips go early morning to avoid waiting lines, they open at eight and the line can get long by 10.30. Outside the office is a little shop where you can get photocopies and a photograph. They won't issue the extension until about a week before the visa 60 day permission runs out.

In IMMIGRATION - this is from memory
Go to the machine and get a waiting ticket for printout for Extention
Go to the Information desk and collect the form and complete - put your telephone number on it
You need a photocopy of your passport, Visa, arrival stamp and departure card - sign and date each in blue ink
You need one passport sized photograph
You need 1900 baht in cash
You need you passport with you
When your number comes up on the screen you go to the desk indicated and they give you the extension within a very few minutes.

April 2nd, 2007, 15:26
I have a 60 day tourist visa which runs out in 10 days time.

Two months of vacation is plenty; time to go home.

April 2nd, 2007, 17:26
BG ,you are way over your time limit in LOS, legal or not, it is also time for you to go home.

April 2nd, 2007, 17:29
BG ,you are way over your time limit in LOS, legal or not, it is also time for you to go home.

Sorry, dear...I AM home. There is no other.

francois
April 2nd, 2007, 22:06
Everything Wowpow says is true and good advice. Cost of the visa extension is 1900 Baht but they will give you change if you do not have the exact amount.

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 3rd, 2007, 22:20
certainly not-after all it's just a scam and they treat you like a customer so they are perfectly OK--but you have to leave your passport overnight so photo-copy it if you are going to the bars as we don't want you hauled off in a pick-up truck with all the old farangs.

Gaypattayan
April 3rd, 2007, 22:38
Onhe few occasions Immigration holds a passort overnight, they give you a numbered Pattaya Immigration card which any police officer will accept for your not having your passport available. A copy is probably still advisable, but not required. The next day you turn in that card for your completed passport.

G.P.

April 4th, 2007, 08:58
GP is correct. It has been some time since I had to leave my passport overnight as the service at the Jomtien Soi 5 location has always been very efficient for me -- usually wait a bit to get passport back, but a couple of times I was asked to come back later in the day. When that happened, they gave me the Immigration numbered ticket.

I'm sure an overnight period will still occur if you come in mid to late afternoon and it has been a busy day (lots of passports in process) -- of course, if on a Friday afternoon, you would have to wait till the following Monday to pick it up.

April 4th, 2007, 13:27
I went to the new Jomtien Immigration very recently for the 30 day extension to a 60 day tourist visa.
If the place is very busy, by all means go to the machine for a ticket with a number. If the place is not
busy, your number may come up before you are ready and you will need to get a new ticket with number.
First thing I do is to get the 30 day extension form and complete it. Then you must have photocopies of your
visa etc. and there is an office outside where they do it for 10 or 15B. They will make you a photo if you don't have
one as well.
You must have your passport, photo, 1900B. , and the completed form and the photocopies. When your number is called
go to the appropriate desk and the officer will review your paperwork and tell you to wait. If busy, it can be an hour but if
not busy as little as 10 minutes before they call you and give you your passport back with a receipt and the extension stamped inside.
If you are to receive change, this is when they will give it to you. Go in the morning to avoid having to return the next day.

The old Immigration office always gave you a number to return the next afternoon, but if you go in the morning, it should be less
than an hour for them to complete the paperwork.
This is a good time to be polite and not wear your sloppiest oldest raggedest clothes and to be polite and respectful. It should be very easy.

April 4th, 2007, 23:13

Sorry, dear...I AM home. There is no other.

Sure there is no other ! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: