PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the 'Lese Majesty' case will end up?

Smiles
April 2nd, 2007, 10:32
Lots of interesting takes on the recent judgement regarding the Chiang Mai farang and his sin of 'Lese Majesty'.
But the end result is unknown as yet, seeing as how there hangs over his head the possibilty of either a pardon, or a reduction of sentence, or being left to rot in a Thai jail for 10 years.

What do you think will finally happen?

Cheers ...

April 2nd, 2007, 16:49
"Don't care" doesn't seem to be an option

April 2nd, 2007, 17:15
they tell him he can go home--As soon as he catches a fart* and paints it green.

(*Old farts, ie: homi, not included.)

April 18th, 2007, 08:10
Interesting how the case was finally resolved.
Are the board members fortune tellers?
I wonder how many votes were tallied after the fact???

Smiles
April 18th, 2007, 10:16
Interesting how the case was finally resolved.
Are the board members fortune tellers?
I wonder how many votes were tallied after the fact???
Actually, I think very few, if any (like, what's the point?).
I took a look at this poll very soon after first hearing the news of the pardon and although I didn't write the exact numbers down, the percentages seem quite the same as they did then. I think most here got it pretty well right beforehand.

Cheers ...

April 18th, 2007, 11:21
Sorry,

Am I missing something here?? I thought it was already decided that he had received a pardon and was to be deported and banned??/

April 18th, 2007, 11:29
Sorry,

Am I missing something here?? I thought it was already decided that he had received a pardon and was to be deported and banned??/
Yep. You are missing the fact that this thread & survey were started on 02April, about two weeks before he was pardoned.

April 18th, 2007, 19:21
On the day he was pardoned the vote that that would happen was under 50%. I think it was 48%. So some are voting after the event and having a laugh.

"A few votes one way or another makes little difference" Al Gore