PDA

View Full Version : Cat Breeders

April 1st, 2007, 09:31
I'd like to find someone who breeds Korats (or Si Sawats) in Thailand. If you know of anyone, please let me know. Thanks!

April 1st, 2007, 10:31
Google does not seem to have very much but there are a few leads there is nobody comes up with breeder information. Have you tried other boards such as www.thaivisa.com (http://www.thaivisa.com)?

If you are successful in obtaining one then you may need one of these :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Misccatcarrier.jpg

April 1st, 2007, 11:07
You'll have a much better chance if you search in Thai.

April 1st, 2007, 18:27
I remember touring the orchid farms in Chaing Mai and seeing a collection of Cats that they bred at the center. I am not sure they were the same you are looking for but they had a large selection of them. I also remember them being a siamese looking type cat.

April 1st, 2007, 18:29
The Si Sawats are particularly nice when fried with black pepper and garlic. You can get them at some Bangkok restaurants if you order in advance.

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 1st, 2007, 23:34
long before you were just a lusty look in some sailors eyes..I wondered why I never saw those gorgeous :cat: Siamese pussycats :cat: anywhere. I asked Thais about them and none seem to know anything about them-I mean they actually didn't even know what I was talking about. This was realy weird.

Until I asked someone Thai, far above my social class and I finally learnt that Siamese cats were reserved for the very upper echelons of Thai society (probably the circles boygeenyus moves in).

that's todays trivia.

April 1st, 2007, 23:43
There was an article in the Bangkok Post about the Thai cat breeds and the breeders. It was titled "Traditional Thai Cat Breeds" and was from Jan 28.

Sorry, don't know how to link to it or get it out of the archives.

Maybe someone can help? :cat:

April 2nd, 2007, 00:20
To access Bangkok Post Archives you have to join and then pay minimum 430 baht which allows about 10 articles from their archives.

April 2nd, 2007, 02:43
... was an elaborate April Fool's prank, but I'd forgotten how obsessed faggots are about cats. Apparently the main problem in gay divorces in the US is who gets custody of the cat

Bob
April 2nd, 2007, 02:49
I'd forgotten how obsessed faggots are about cats.

Hell, Homi, I thought most old bald cunts had a pussy... :cyclopsani:

April 2nd, 2007, 03:01
I'd forgotten how obsessed faggots are about cats. Hell, Homi, I thought most old bald cunts had a pussy... :cyclopsani:I've never been described as falling into any category that includes the word "most"

neddy3
April 2nd, 2007, 06:29
Oh wowpow, that's just wonderful. Gave me a real laugh!

April 2nd, 2007, 10:49
Being a dog person I might be biased, but It looks just like an ordinary cat to me, there are much better looking street cats around Bangkok than the "Korat", just go to a temple and choose a blue one, very lucky.

April 2nd, 2007, 12:33
Korat cat from Korat!!

http://www.koratmagazine.in.th/koratcat/ekoratcat.htm

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 2nd, 2007, 21:18
they actualy like people :cat: ..very friendly..don't show the usual disdain for humans that most cats do :idea: ( and who can blame them ?)

April 3rd, 2007, 07:00
From the article in the Post its my recollection the "Korat" breed is what we in the west call a "Burmese".
The story being after the fall of Ayuttaya many Thais were taken as slaves to Burma and brought their cats with them. The British later found the breed established there and brought them back to England as "Burmese" cats, not knowing the history.

:cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

April 6th, 2007, 05:03
thanks for the link wowpow.

korats and burmese are entirely different breeds. anyone who has ever experienced a korat knows how wonderful they are. they're just very rare.

I guess I better stop now...hate for someone to throw the cat/faggot thing out again.

wowpow
April 6th, 2007, 05:33
Why do you want to know. Do you want to buy a Korat pussy in Korat/Thailand just because of the historical associations? Purity of breed?

I had a look at Wilkipeda on Thai cats and was saddened to see that the story that most Siamese cats are descended from a pair presented to Queen Victoria by a Thai King - urban myth? The first Siamese cat prizewinner in the UK was called Wankee. Korat cats are not mentioned - something you may care to correct.