PDA

View Full Version : Semi-deadly new mosquito born disease

April 1st, 2007, 00:13
Military Forces quarantine Quan'sul - BBC News

There has been a small outbreak of тАЬzombismтАЭ in a small town near the border of Laos in North-Eastern Cambodia. The culprit was discovered to be mosquitoes native to that region carrying a new strain of Malaria which thus far has a 100 percent mortality rate and kills victims in fewer than 2 days. After death, this parasite is able to restart the heart of its victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believed to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during тАЬresurrection.тАЭ

Cambodian officials say that the outbreak has been contained and the public has no need to worry. General Ary Serey had this to say, "We have obtained samples of this new parasite and plan to learn how it starts the heart and other major organs of the deceased. We intend to use this to increase the quality of life for all."

US Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice opposed the plan saying that the Cambodian government holds a great biological weapon and should destroy it immediately. Cambodian officials have yet to comment.

A United Nations team will be dispatched to Cambodia to confirm the safety of biological research in Cambodia.

BBC News World Edition http://65.127.124.62/south_asia/4483241.stm.htm

April 1st, 2007, 00:28
... in SE Asia is 1 April??

jinks
April 1st, 2007, 01:40
Well spotted that man :flower:

April 1st, 2007, 01:55
Oh my God!!! I was bitten back in January in Pattaya by a mosi. Ive felt very tired since returning home and a little strange.
My legs turn to jelly and my body shakes every day,---------------- When i look at BS photo called Mosi

April 1st, 2007, 20:03
being the source of this rumour. He appeared on CNN from a prestigous hotel in Hong Kong and stated that although he claimed America's intelligensia was limitted to a small clique of expats between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai, at no time did he suggest that this included George W. Bush. He did not deny that there may be more than one form of zombieism.

April 1st, 2007, 21:51
being the source of this rumour. He appeared on CNN from a prestigous hotel in Hong Kong ...Is Gore Vidal a rice queen now? Oh well, it happens to all of us in the end :idea:

April 2nd, 2007, 02:09
He seemed to be talking about his earlier funnier years and desperately trying to drop quotable quotes in the style of the martyred Oscar, at which he didn't pass muster.

April 2nd, 2007, 02:37
... in the style of the martyred Oscar, at which he didn't pass muster.Vidal is an American, after all - everything is derivative. I don't think dear Oscar dropped "quotes" (more accurately "quotations") rather than aphorisms - the notion that he would bother to quote anyone else is highly unlikely

April 2nd, 2007, 19:29
http://65.127.124.62/south_asia/4483241.stm.htm

There is no BBC in it, so its a spoof. As you will have probably worked out.

April 2nd, 2007, 19:37
http://65.127.124.62/south_asia/4483241.stm.htm - There is no BBC in it, so its a spoof. As you will have probably worked out.No, WhiteDesire, you've got that one all to yourself. They do demand keen eyesight at that FX desk in the City, don't they :compress: ?

April 2nd, 2007, 20:21
... I don't like your sense of humour ... suppose someone must do though

April 2nd, 2007, 22:06
... I don't like your sense of humour ... suppose someone must do though

I wouldn't be so sure about that. My guess is dear old Homi spends much of his time alone.

April 3rd, 2007, 05:48
... I don't like your sense of humour ... suppose someone must do thoughProvided it gets under your skin, dear boy ...

April 3rd, 2007, 07:51
...you are right when you say,

I don't think dear Oscar dropped "quotes" (more accurately "quotations") rather than aphorisms - the notion that he would bother to quote anyone else is highly unlikely

One should avoid cliche.

The interview is currently being shown repeatedly on the "True" CNN product. You'd find it amusing given your erudite wit.

I don't think it constitutes evidence that GV is paddy planting royalty.