PDA

View Full Version : Now tell me this will not be a hoot................

jvt22222
March 31st, 2007, 12:16
................ a three-story hole in the ground in south Pattaya!!!!!!!! I just saw this at pattyacitynews.com and could not resist a cut-and-paste sharing. Being constructed of course by our friends who cannot even lay a smooth sidewalk or resurface the road after it has been dug up to lay yet one more pipe. Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++

New 230 Million Baht Underground Car Park to be constructed at South Pattaya Temple.

We have received details of a new underground car park which is due to be constructed underneath the recreation ground of Pattaya School Number 8 on the corner of South Pattaya Road and Pratamnuk Road. This information has come direct from Khun Niran, the Mayor of Pattaya who has already approved a budget of 230 Million Baht to construct the underground car park which will be able to accommodate over 600 cars and over 1,000 motorbikes. The construction is expected to be a three level car park and on ground level, a new sports ground will be constructed along with a school canteen and a school library. This will provide much needed car parking space for those who frequent the South Pattaya area, especially at night. Construction is due to start shortly.

March 31st, 2007, 14:11
i do believe I'd be very worried about leaving a vehicle in such a place - especially in Pattaya.

March 31st, 2007, 15:39
Why would you be worried about leaving your car in a proper parking facility? The only option now is the side of the road.

April 1st, 2007, 08:29
It will be intresting to see if they took into account the high water table.
It will also be intresting to see what happens to the lower level during a big downpour.
I can just imagine the water pouring off the street and gushing down the ramps meeting the water gurgling up from the drains connected to the overloaded sewer system.

francois
April 1st, 2007, 08:49
An above ground, multi-story car parking garage is now being constructed at Wat Chai adjacent to Center Condo on South Pattaya Road.

Bob
April 1st, 2007, 09:34
It will be intresting to see if they took into account the high water table.
It will also be intresting to see what happens to the lower level during a big downpour.
I can just imagine the water pouring off the street and gushing down the ramps meeting the water gurgling up from the drains connected to the overloaded sewer system.

No kidding. The new and lovely Chedi Hotel on Charoen Pratet on the Ping River in Chiangmai had a great opening late in August of 2005. Then the rain and floods came......with the hotel first floor inundated (and lots of BMW's floating and bouncing together in the underground garage). What a mess. Let's hope they install some first class drains and water pumps in the Pattaya garage or I'd suggest you tie innertubes to your car.....

April 1st, 2007, 09:57
Same thing the armchair experts said about the Bangkok subway system...

April 1st, 2007, 23:50

Well ok. The Thais got that one right.
On the other hand their new Airport is sinking into the swamp they built it on.
1 for 2 so far...

Heads or Tails on the Parking Garage?

April 2nd, 2007, 02:48
Well ok. The Thais got that one right.With the help of rather a lot of German engineers

April 2nd, 2007, 05:12
Well ok. The Thais got that one right.With the help of rather a lot of German engineers

The Germans are responsible for Suvarnabhumi, too...