PDA

View Full Version : Separate forum for videos

rincondog
March 29th, 2007, 05:09
Question:

Dick
March 29th, 2007, 06:39
I think a separate forum for 'fun' or interesting audio visuals would be useful... we would all know where to look for something different or amusing. But I think audo visuals also have a place in the Thailand forum where they have relevance in the thread. For example, someone may have video'd details of accommodation that might have relevance to a question in a specific thread, and obviously that would be where in context to put it.

March 29th, 2007, 07:55
I think a separate forum for 'fun' or interesting audio visuals would be useful... we would all know where to look for something different or amusing. But I think audo visuals also have a place in the Thailand forum where they have relevance in the thread. For example, someone may have video'd details of accommodation that might have relevance to a question in a specific thread, and obviously that would be where in context to put it.

Yes good example. The relevance of a "multi media posting" should be decided by the moderator, if it is not topical it should be moved to the appropriate section, as with any other post? Nothing different needed. Due to the nature of the media and its popularity an expanded forum might be a good idea, but not essential. Maybe include a separate forum for holiday vids and Thailand in general. But otherwise I would leave it as it is.

No one is forcing anyone to play the vids, they don't unfortunately immediately begin playing when the thread is opened, that would be super, but granted, irritating for those who like to hear them one at a time to get the full effect.

March 29th, 2007, 08:12
(I mean my problem with the embedded videos ) the vids may or may not be interesting but the only way to find out is to open them. Frankly I don't want to waste my time looking at crap I can easily see on Youtube - IF I was of a mind to waste my time that way.

March 29th, 2007, 08:13
Is it just me or is the site starting to buckle under the pressure? Things like quotations are taking on a very simple like appearance, and certain function buttons like "post" are turning into little blue stamps with question marks in em. Could be my own hard drive, sweating under the pressure of multi media Utopia?

March 29th, 2007, 08:30
(I mean my problem with the embedded videos ) the vids may or may not be interesting but the only way to find out is to open them. Frankly I don't want to waste my time looking at crap I can easily see on Youtube - IF I was of a mind to waste my time that way.

Not so. It could take you all day to find the relevant info. Besides someone might down load a vid they made themselves onto Utube, on purpose, just to show you here on Sawatdee to make a point. Try and curb your curiosity if it is so peeked. Do you think it is such that people will play the vids if they want to or not, surely they can't be such a powerful tool? If this is true you have a point.

Anyway enough of this discussion about vids, it seems to be "causing quite an unnecessary distraction".