PDA

View Full Version : Cameras installed in all bars in Sunnee Plaza

Marsha-old
March 26th, 2007, 03:25
Have just been informed by a good source that all bars must instal cameras in there bar to gain a licsence. This will come into effect from the from May the 1st.

Krazy Dragon has them installed already.

rincondog
March 26th, 2007, 07:29
What type of cameras and for what purpose? Security cameras to catch a thief? Webcam to broadcast the action. Closed circuit TV. Cameras only in Sunee Plaza.

March 26th, 2007, 09:18
Seems the "cameras in Sunee Plaza" rumor is about to go 'round the mulberry bush again.
You'd think the place had more electronics in it than Panthip Plaza.

:hal

francois
March 26th, 2007, 09:25
Check out JJJ in Sunnee Plaza. They have camera(s) focused on the dancers and display results on monitors near the stage along with other video images.

March 26th, 2007, 09:58
Another stab at tourism? Who wants to be under this kind of scrutiny? Even if this is just another temporary ploy it is not going to help the business there. For me walking into a bar and just thinking there is a chance that the authorites or another agency could someday use the video in who knows what way is a big deturrant to going into the bar. What kind of assurance do we have that will not happen?

catawampuscat
March 26th, 2007, 10:19
Security cameras are popping up all over the world and should serve as a deterrent to criminal activity. There are many in the USA
which catch those who go thru red lights at intersections and keep many eyes on parks and areas around ATMs and embassies
and other sensitive areas.

The cameras in one of the View Talay towers caught video image of the two boys who were later arrested and convicted for murdering a farang and the police would have been clueless without the security camera tapes.

I am no fan of Big Brother and can see how these cameras could be used improperly and invade on privacy. One farang I know wears
baseball type caps with the brim down when in areas he would not like to be photographed and some even wear face masks to help
with air pollution, smoke and maybe gain a little privacy to boot.

Most people seem to think that if you have nothing to hide, what is the problem but one can be sure these cameras could and will be abused by those in power eventually, but hopefully the positive effects will greatly outweigh the negative. Time will tell.. :cat:

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 26th, 2007, 10:52
so I wear this around town and in crowded bars so it has the effect of making me probably unrecognisable by security cameras.

Even better in some joints-I have even been picked up by some more unsavoury types. I recommend you choose your own mask.
http://upload7.postimage.org/389681/image003.jpg (http://upload7.postimage.org/389681/photo_hosting.html)

Up2U
March 26th, 2007, 13:47
Have just been informed by a good source that all bars must instal cameras in there bar to gain a licsence. This will come into effect from the from May the 1st.

Krazy Dragon has them installed already.

This not really new news as it was reported in all the local rags and is not exclusive to Sunee Plaza but all bars, gay or strraight.

http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?a ... ws&id=2209 (http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?action=show&type=news&id=2209)

and a copy and paste from: http://www.thaianxiety.com/nlne0307.asp

"I attended a meeting today after we were invited by letter to come and find out what is going on in the mind of the governor of Chonburi provence.

Here are the main points of the meeting:

No bar, club , gogo , or karaoke will be given an operators licence without having cctv installed both inside and outside there premises , this comes into effect immediately, no licence will mean closure.
No employee under 20 years of age will be allowed to work in a licensed premises , the police will enforce this and the business owner will be held responsible and dealt with under the law.

The police gave out registraition forms at the meeting on which employers must keep a registration of workers with personal details and a photograph similar to passport photograph along with id details , police and government officials to have access to these files on request.
Police gave a warning that they will be giving random drug testing on both employees and customers and that the business owner will again be punished under Thai law along with the guilty parties if anyone on there premises is found to be a user.
They spoke of official closing times saying that elsewhere in chonburo had a closure time of 1am , but pattaya would be allowed to open until 2am , at which time all lighting , music and tvs must be turned off .

All checkbins in a bar must be settled at 2 am , any business seen issuing checkbins after this time will be prosecuted. all bars , clubs , karaokes etc must be vacated by customers and closed for the night by 2.45 am.
They also issued all the bar owners in attendence paperwork on which to apply for licences to play music , both Thai and farang , saying any venue playing any music will be prosecuted if not in possession of a licence.

Now I know a lot of these laws are already in existence but not really enforced , well that is about to or is already changing. There were in attendance all the top dignitaries from Chonburi , Pattaya police , Banglamung offices and city hall , this was not a drill or exercise , this was serious warnings on there intentions.

The crackdown has begun."

Smile your on Candid Camera!

March 26th, 2007, 18:30
Another stab at tourism? Who wants to be under this kind of scrutiny?

I think you mean, "another stab at sex tourism", don't you? And to answer your question, NO sex tourist wants to be under this kind of scrutiny. Did you ever stop to consider that maybe you're being told that you're no longer welcome?

March 26th, 2007, 18:32
Again I wonder what happens should the tapes fall into the wrong hands. Would your find yourself being included in a documentary on Sunee plaza on CNC or another program? Next they will want the street abrs to also camera the people just walking by. For me this will kill the bar interest.

March 26th, 2007, 18:35
For me this will kill the bar interest.

Which, dear, was the aim from the beginning. I'm glad to see it's working.

jinks
March 26th, 2007, 18:45
I wonder if we can get a link to look at a bar before we go out ? :cheers:

Or a link to show the bar(s) here on the board :clown: Like this but boys :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHJi7ynj3D4

March 26th, 2007, 18:56
I am not scared about the cameras and sunee will be the best place for me in pattaya and second is jomtien complex. In the 2 weeks in february i saw the difference every evening. Sunee was packed with customers and boystown was empty. Only wildwest was packed with customers for the show.

March 26th, 2007, 19:30
LMTU is obviously more scared of the dreaded full stop than he is about cameras.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 26th, 2007, 20:35
in this world-those who would look at a photo like this and read into it all sorts of sordid goings on:

http://upload7.postimage.org/395082/jacko1.jpg (http://upload7.postimage.org/395082/photo_hosting.html)

and others who would see if for what it is--just a lovely family album snap of a caring and sharing uncle-the esteemed entertainer Mr Michael Jackson and his delightful nephew being introduced into the ways of show business. Anything can be taken out of context by the camera as you can see by this totally innocent pic.

So what if films of us surrounded by go go boys turn up in the News Of the World ?...I'll just tell Mrs O'Booze I'm teaching them how to river dance !

bkkguy
March 26th, 2007, 23:32
in this world-those who would look at a photo like this and read into it all sorts of sordid goings on....and others who would see if for what it is

which just confirms, there are two types of people in this world - those that divide people into two types, and those that dont!

bkkguy

Up2U
March 26th, 2007, 23:44
... Next they will want the street abrs to also camera the people just walking by. For me this will kill the bar interest.

The cameras will monitor both inside and outside the bars. I don't see this as an intrusion and will benefit public safety overall. It could give a bar owner the opportunity to put a camera on the cashier too and monitor staff in general. I agree with LMTU, "Just get down and buggie."

March 27th, 2007, 00:44
Well it seems BG has no objection to seeing himself on CNBC or CNN. He can't be as big an ___ (or can he) as he is trying to present him to be. With his holier than thou attitude one has to wonder why he ended up in thailand like he says he has. I think he doth protest to much. He is probably the number one sex tourist in thailand.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 27th, 2007, 07:30
and especially for boygeenyus !!

don't just : " agree with LMTU, "Just get down and buggie.""...... get down and bugger :cheers: :cheers: :bounce: :bounce: :compress:

March 27th, 2007, 07:47
Well it seems BG has no objection to seeing himself on CNBC or CNN. He can't be as big an ___ (or can he) as he is trying to present him to be. With his holier than thou attitude one has to wonder why he ended up in thailand like he says he has. I think he doth protest to much. He is probably the number one sex tourist in thailand.

Since I don't go anywhere or do anything that I'm ashamed about, you're correct: I would have no objection to seeing myself on CNBC or CNN. It must be such a burden to live with so much shame.

March 27th, 2007, 08:52
One doesn't have to be doing anything to have someone else think differently. Just being seen in an area could label you as being something your not. Will you carry a big sign saying I'm innocent. I don't do anything I am ashamed of either but first you are judged and mostly not given the chance to defend yourself.

March 27th, 2007, 09:00
One doesn't have to be doing anything to have someone else think differently. Just being seen in an area could label you as being something your not. Will you carry a big sign saying I'm innocent. I don't do anything I am ashamed of either but first you are judged and mostly not given the chance to defend yourself.

You obviously care what other people think a lot more than I do. Why don't you take to visiting Sunee plaza in a big floppy hat, sunglasses, and a trench coat?

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 27th, 2007, 09:23
""Why don't you take to visiting Sunee plaza in a big floppy hat, sunglasses, and a trench coat?""

I knew my new Gucci outfit would come in handy !!! :cheers:

http://upload7.postimage.org/406016/burka.jpg (http://upload7.postimage.org/406016/photo_hosting.html)

March 27th, 2007, 16:10
""Why don't you take to visiting Sunee plaza in a big floppy hat, sunglasses, and a trench coat?""

And what will you be wearing under that trench coat, O'Boyz?

Did anyone see pictures all over TV last week of the old lady being mugged in the foyer of her apartment building? Can't tell a if the mugger is R2D2 or Dame Edna, only that (s)he's wearing a (ski?) jacket and cap.
Simple solution: all worriers get together and decide on "the uniform." Like that's going to happen: a bunch of kweens agreeing on anything--But, WTH; may I suggest (Outfit actually seen on leering letch one night in Sunnee.) white socks, brown sandals, red shirt & orange jump pants; add comb-over and Groucho glasses...and...Voila! That orta drive `em screaming over the edge, Louise!