PDA

View Full Version : OM YIM/ BANGKOK REVIEW

Alaan
March 25th, 2007, 21:06
I've just returned from a 25 day trip to Thailand and just want to give some updated info on a couple of places I visited while in Bangkok.

The first 3 days of my Thailand visit I stayed at Om Yim inn/guesthouse, booked by my Thai friend at short notice as the Tarntawan was full. We stayed on the 3rd floor with windows looking out over the front soi. It is directly opposite the Chong Nonsi(s3) BTS station so it was fairly easy to find and it is only a bt10, one stop (2mins) trip to sala daeng and the gay silom/suriwong venues. As for the place itself, the Thai food in the restaurant/lounge area was very good, there is no lift but there were two guys in reception to help with the luggage.

The rooms were Bt800 per night, which is a bargain for Bangkok so close to the bars. The rooms were ok in size, the bed was fine with nice linen and because it is only about 9 months old everything is in fairly good condition at the moment, the reason I say that is because the furniture and fittings although looking ok are of cheap construction and materials so i don't think it will be too long before they look worn, in fact showing some signs already, and not too much padding between the walls, certainly can't compare it to the Tarntawan, but the price doesn't compare also, so you get what you pay for. It wouldn't be my first choice for staying, but if the Tarntawan was full it would do for a couple of nights. The boy i brought back hadn't heard of the place, but thought it nice enough. The staff are nice and attentive.

I'm afraid I didn't get round many Bangkok bars this time as I met a very nice boy in Classic, the second bar I visited. X-Men? was the first bar i visited which is the first bar in the soi off suriwong upstairs on the left, it had a nice varied selection of boys, but very few customers.It was showtime in the soi which i don't bother with nowadays, so I quickly fought my way past the show bars doormen to Classic at the other end of the soi. This is a nice bar with plenty of boys very eager for an off with smiles,eye contact and joking , but again not many customers. However I met a very nice boy there and set off for DJ station.

DJ was packed, and Bt200 entrance for 2 drinks as usual, further in there was room to move about and dance and the boy I was with was very affectionate so it was a nice experience to be in a gay disco with a cuddly gay boy and virtually no str8s to spoil the ambiance. It closed 2.30am sharp and xboom etc were also closed 'early' so it was a 10 minute taxi ride to a karaoke the boy knew of, for a very enjoyable time then back to Om Yim before it got light.

I did some shopping in the silom centre beside the sala daeng bts station and was surprised by the amount of boys/guys in the centre trying to, i assume, hook up. Lots of eye contact and smiles with one or two more persistent types following and passing a few times. I sat at the coffee shop in the centre and one lad followed me there and sat at a table close by facing mine, also there were a couple of other college types with mobiles and diary/planners making eye contact. I have shopped there before and hadn't really noticed boys trying to make contact. It was about 3pm afternoon and if i had been interested would probably managed to hook up. All the boys seemed very cute but not looking under 18 by my guess. Has anyone had any positive hook ups or comments about contacts in shopping centres, as it is new to me.

March 25th, 2007, 22:14
All Skytrain fares went up 5 baht at the end of February, so Chong Nonsi to Sala Daeng would be 15 baht now. No wonder we need all that money White Desire wants to know we have in his poll

adman5000
March 26th, 2007, 04:40
Yes, there is normally a lot of activity in the shopping complex by Saladaeng BTS, it seems like there is someone on each floor. It also seems that it is sometimes used for guys to hook up with someone they chatted with on line as I have many times seen and heard them chatting on their mobiles arranging to meet. It doesn't seem anything new to me as I have always encountered it. In fact, a thai guy tried to pick up my thai friend as he waited for my while I did some business there during the last visit.

March 26th, 2007, 04:52
... you do realise they're mostly money boys - Silom Complex is notorious for it?
Yes, there is normally a lot of activity in the shopping complex by Saladaeng BTS, it seems like there is someone on each floor.

March 26th, 2007, 05:08
... you do realise they're mostly money boys - Silom Complex is notorious for it?
Yes, there is normally a lot of activity in the shopping complex by Saladaeng BTS, it seems like there is someone on each floor.

"...I met a very nice boy in Classic, the second bar I visited. X-Men? was the first bar i visited which is the first bar in the soi off suriwong upstairs on the left, it had a nice varied selection of boys..."

Isn't that exactly what Alaan was looking for?

adman5000
March 26th, 2007, 10:59
Of course I realize they are money boys.

TrongpaiExpat
March 26th, 2007, 14:07
Of course I realize they are money boys.

The tip off is if you get close enough and look at them they greet you with, " 1000 Baht?"

Last few nights the dvd-cdv-sex boys have moved across the street on Silom from the DJ station side to the Silom Complex side. I asked why the move and one said, pointing to the other side, "over dar finish".