PDA

View Full Version : Mercure Pattaya

March 24th, 2007, 20:20
Can anyone give some info on this hotel? It seem like a very nice hotel with reasonable rate and if the map is accurate, it looks like its just walking distance to Boyztown. Hope they are not strict with bringing overnite guest back to the room. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

March 24th, 2007, 22:00
Can anyone give some info on this hotel? It seem like a very nice hotel with reasonable rate and if the map is accurate, it looks like its just walking distance to Boyztown. Hope they are not strict with bringing overnite guest back to the room. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

I have never stayed their but some friends stayed there with their children two months ago.

No complaints about the hotel itself but the walk to Second Road is a little more than it appears on the map and you have to walk up the so that runs alongside of The Welcome Plaza hotel which is very dark and runs past two slums.

There is transport ( a form of golf buggy) that runs from the hotel to the travel agents opposite the soi that Welcome Plaza is located on. Not a very frequent service and after midnight it does not operate so you would have to walk.

Very family friendly but not so same sex couples was the impression gained. I would also imagine that there is a hefty joiners fee.

March 26th, 2007, 10:04
Stayed there last year, wouldnt recommend it. Our room on the 3rd floor facing the pool, heaps of kids and heaps of noise. Distance to 2nd road and boystown etc ok, but the soi can be dark and quiet at night from memory, although the hotel does provide a golf cart type thing. Heaps of better places to stay I think.