PDA

View Full Version : King Power airport contract illegal

lonelywombat
March 22nd, 2007, 05:12
When I couldnt get in to this forum I went to baht-stop to see what was happening

This was the most recent item. I have copied but there was no credit where the post was copied from

I had a chuckle over the concession rules which I assumed was kickbacks.

BULLETIN:

"Council of State has ruled that Airports of Thailand's concession to King Power be annulled because the company did not follow the concession rules, said Kallaya Pakakrong, AOT's acting executive director.

She said she would forward the Council of State's ruling to AOT's board to consider the next move on Thursday.

She said Council of State sent its ruling to her office on Monday, which ruled that King Power, running the outlets in Suvarnabhumi Airport, has miscalculated its investment sum in the airport. The miscalculation resulted in violating the laws.

This led to the ruling that the concession between AOT and King Power should be annulled."

March 22nd, 2007, 08:20
The way the average person sees it: the CNS is busy wiping out the corruption of the Thaksin era.

The way the old Thai hand sees it: the CNS is paving the way to line its pockets with kickbacks from its own favorite concessionaire.