PDA

View Full Version : "The Odd BARBER" - South Pattaya - Recommended

travelerjim
March 21st, 2007, 11:45
Sawatdee Friends,

Finding a good Barber in Pattaya was a chore during my early visits.
Many that I visited had dual pricing and some charged whatever they felt I would pay
when I got out of the barber's chair.

However, now that "The Odd BARBER" has opened his new Barbershop,
I visited there six times over the past three months,
and I can highly recommend him, his staff, and their barber services to you.

He is on Soi VC - 504/509 Moo 10, Soi VC, South Pattaya. (located next door to a new Family Mart on the corner)
about a block walking on Soi VC - East of Sunee Plaza, The White Knight Buffet Restaurant, La Cage Bar, Top Man Club
and close to Soi Yensabai - Condos, Thais4Life Charity Bookshop, and The Gay Pattayan's bf Ken's - Non-Cafe.

Haircut is 60 baht, shampoo 60 baht, shave 60 baht, cleaning ears 60 baht....
and they advertise on their main window - manicures and pedicures at 70 baht each.

Always offering FREE hot coffee and hot tea.
The shop is air conditioned and comfortable in all new
barbershop fitted and decorated beautifully.

I have seen Odd and another Thai Barber working the shop together -
Both are highly skilled Barbers!
...and may I add - very both are very handsome too :-)

Open 7 days from about 9:00am to 9:00pm or so.

I have seen many Sawatdee Friends in the Barbershop during my visits.

Stop by and say Hello!
And, enjoy a good haircut and barber services from a very talented Thai Barber - (his name is "Odd")
with a future - thanks to his special Farang friend :-)

I am pleased to recommend Odd at "The Odd BARBER" to you.

TJ

Footnote: In looking over back issues of Pattaya Weekly Report,
Wally of Thais4Life reported in the December 3, 2006 on the Grand Opening of The Odd BARBER.

NEW BARBER SHOP IN SUNEE AREA тАФ SOI VC
OPENED BY FRIEND OF PATTAYAGAY.COM

"The glitterati of Pattaya were all there - the Patron - Charlie (of erstwhile Charlie Boys fame) and his prot├йg├й - Od and close friends and family were all there.

"It was the grand opening party for "The Odd Barber" on November 30.

"The premises has been fitted out in a sparkling black, white and chrome theme, and Charlie has spared no expense to make this what must be the most well appointed salon in Pattaya.

"Guests were invited to partake of a delicious spread - provided by White Night Restaurant, and drinks flowed freely to ensure a convivial atmosphere.

http://www.pattayagay.com/weeklyreport-dec306.html .

Photos of the opening night party are included in the Weekly Report.

My Thanks to Charlie for providing Odd and his customers such a grand Barbershop :-)

TJ

http://upload7.postimage.org/305720/TheOddBARBER.jpg (http://upload7.postimage.org/305720/photo_hosting.html)

francois
March 22nd, 2007, 07:00
I tried the shave at Odds; he must have used a plastic razor! Absolutely the worse shave I had under any circumstances.

March 22nd, 2007, 08:43
My first trip was based on a friend's recommendation. Since I live in Jomtien area, it is a bit of a hassle to go there to get a haircut. However, I made my first trip in conjunction with some shopping I needed to do at Tuk Com. How was it? Well, I made a return visit about a week ago when I needed another haircut - this time throwing in a pedicure. I was well pleased with the haircut and I plan to continue to use the Odd Barber. My hair is cut the way I like and at 60 baht, a real bargain. When you add up a good price and a cute barber, then who cares about the hassle -- besides, it gives me the opportunity to dine at some of the nearby restaurants (White Knight, Ole, etc.).

TOQ
March 22nd, 2007, 10:48
I have also used him several times for haircut, shave, manicure and pedicure.... Very satisfied.. I like the way he takes his time to cut your hair.. Not in a hurry or rushed at all...

john

Alan-old
March 23rd, 2007, 16:13
I concur. My bf and I both go to Odd, the Barber and we are both quite satisfied. Haven't tried manicure/pedicure yet, but was happy with haircut and shave. And, the prices can't be beat.

I think his business card says the Odd Barber. He really should change that to Odd, the Barber, as he's not odd at all but friendly, competent and cute.

March 23rd, 2007, 19:12
Could be worse.
His name could be Dum.