PDA

View Full Version : weight loss advertised

dab69
March 19th, 2007, 20:11
see a couple advertisments, one on second road close to Big C and another in a baht bus
for a place across from royal garden/mike department store

to lose 1-3 inches in an hour, don't know the details but soon to find out
a little more

March 19th, 2007, 20:33
One - three inches - that's a bit less than the amount I lose after sex is over

March 19th, 2007, 21:28
see a couple advertisments, one on second road close to Big C and another in a baht bus
for a place across from royal garden/mike department store to lose 1-3 inches in an hour, don't know the details but soon to find out a little more

The only way to lose weight (permanently) is to eat less (with or without stomach surgery) and exercise more - anything else is a money-grabbing con trick!

March 19th, 2007, 21:42
not necessarily eat less. changing diet can be quite effective

Smiles
March 19th, 2007, 23:27
Agree with Steve & Buaseng, but I'd make it 3 mainstays: Eat less, change diet, exercise more.

N. Americans (especially) and (now by the looks of things) Europeans simply eat far too much every day. There isn't a person on this planet who needs 3 BIG meals a day unless he/she is prepared to exercise hard ~ primarily aerobically ~ for 45 min. to an hour at least 4 times a week (though 5-6 is better). All fad diets are utter bullshit.

Healthy weight loss is simple ... but you have to do the work.

Never eat this :happy1: or this :occasion6: or this :spam1:

Cheers .... :bounce:

March 20th, 2007, 00:11
Agree with Steve & Buaseng, but I'd make it 3 mainstays: Eat less, change diet, exercise more.

N. Americans (especially) and (now by the looks of things) Europeans simply eat far too much every day. There isn't a person on this planet who needs 3 BIG meals a day unless he/she is prepared to exercise hard ~ primarily aerobically ~ for 45 min. to an hour at least 4 times a week (though 5-6 is better). All fad diets are utter bullshit.

Healthy weight loss is simple ... but you have to do the work.

Never eat this :happy1: or this :occasion6: or this :spam1:

Cheers .... :bounce:

"Now, by the looks of things"???

The Germans on Dongtan Beach have been just as obese as the Americans for as long as I can remember (at least twenty years). You think they just got their beer guts overnight?

Smiles
March 20th, 2007, 00:47
The Germans on Dongtan Beach have been just as obese as the Americans for as long as I can remember (at least twenty years). You think they just got their beer guts overnight?
I was refering to Europeans 'in general' ~ in Europe. By that I mean the cultured 'lean' nationalities: French, Italians, Spanish, some Swiss, and some Dutch from the south, educated artsy Greeks, and young stock brokers from The City.
Germans are 'mittel-Europa' interlopers, arriving on horseback from The Steppe with blood in mind , hauling their fat-laden cuisine with them.

Got it?

Cheers ...

Aunty
March 20th, 2007, 07:12
I was referring to Europeans 'in general' ~ in Europe. By that I mean the cultured 'lean' nationalities: French, Italians, Spanish, some Swiss, and some Dutch from the south, educated artsy Greeks, and young stock brokers from The City.
Germans are 'mittel-Europa' interlopers, arriving on horseback from The Steppe with blood in mind , hauling their fat-laden cuisine with them.

Got it?

Cheers ...

63% of Americans have German blood in them. Maybe that's why they're a nation of such monstrous fatties?

dab69
March 29th, 2007, 15:20
finally found the place during a
rainy day walk, it's across from Pattayaland soi 3 on Second Road.

It's called "tummy massage" by most.
They have a sauna bed that looks like a
3 piece tanning bed, only with heat.

Heat ~15 minutes.
Tummy massage ~15 minutes (actually reshaped and flattened a bit)
"Saran wrap" chest and tummy
More heat bed with foot wiggling mechanism ~30-40 minutes
Unwrap and remeasure stomach above and below the "bellybutton"

90 minutes (sign said)+ 990 Baht

Measuring the stomach is a little dependent
on how much it's relaxed during "before' and "after",
but it seemed to work for me and was pleased with the small result.
My sides were a little sore for a couple days from the massaging,
but no pain no gain.

I always come to Thailand after a long winter and need a quick shape up.
Seem's when I am there I am desperate to get in quick shape and eat only
abit every other day and drinking 'vodka lemons' instead of Singha.
A couple "full walks" from Cafe Royal to Jomtien
were included this year.

March 29th, 2007, 17:12
I seem to eat all the time, eat eat eat eat and still I don't put on an inch, must be all that nervous energy and my grandmothers genes. However unless I am eating in a restaurant I never eat anything with more than a couple of ingredients,ie no preservatives chemicals especially not trans-fats. Think of it as a diet fad, only eat unprocessed food, watch your waist melt away and your health blossom as you tuck into natures best. And exercise!

March 29th, 2007, 17:43

No-one's mentioned the Ozzies in all this. Following copied from a post on Bahtstop:

Super-size ambulances for fat Australians

Australia's image as a country of toned, taut sports fanatics has been delivered a heavy blow with the introduction of super-sized ambulances and wheelchairs capable of transporting obese patients.

Studies suggest Australian obesity rates are second only to those in America, having more than doubled in the last 20 years, due largely to unhealthy fast food, a reliance on cars and a lack of exercise.

Surveys estimate two-thirds of Australian men and 52 per cent of women aged 25 and over are overweight or obese and the Medical Journal of Australia reported last year that the country is "in the throes of an unprecedented epidemic of diabetes and obesity."

More - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... fat126.xml (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../26/wfat126.xml)

Worldwide rates are below:-
n.b. this obesity data is displayed as a guide only, as obesity statistics are constantly updated.

Country Percentage of Obese Men
Finland 19
Russia 10.8
Germany 17.2
Czech 16.3
Belgium 12.1
Spain 11.5
Sweden 10
France 9.6
Denmark 10
Holland 8.4
Italy 6.5
Australia 18
United States 26
United Kingdom 16.4

Source: International Obesity Task Force (IOTF)

March 29th, 2007, 18:16
I have to agree, super size me mate, but the oozes are fat. They are also extremely proud of it too, especially the woman, they like to show a lot of excess flesh bulging out in the form of bare stomachs and tight low waisted jeans. I always thought they were such an outdoorsy healthy lot until I visited Australia for the first time. It seems to be my age and down who are the fattest? So I wouldn't agree 100% with these findings. Unless they are the only ones I noticed.

March 29th, 2007, 19:24
Eat less, change diet, exercise moreI find chasing boys around the room is about as much exercise as I get these days

Dboy
March 29th, 2007, 21:44

yes I think that helped me alot..getting away from the farang food and adopting asian diet.

Dboy

March 30th, 2007, 18:17
I seem to eat all the time, eat eat eat eat and still I don't put on an inch...
Yeah, I said the same thing when I was your age, too. <sigh>

Aunty
March 30th, 2007, 18:55
No-one's mentioned the Ozzies in all this. Following copied from a post on Bahtstop:

Super-size ambulances for fat Australians

Australia's image as a country of toned, taut sports fanatics has been delivered a heavy blow with the introduction of super-sized ambulances and wheelchairs capable of transporting obese patients.

Studies suggest Australian obesity rates are second only to those in America, having more than doubled in the last 20 years, due largely to unhealthy fast food, a reliance on cars and a lack of exercise.

Surveys estimate two-thirds of Australian men and 52 per cent of women aged 25 and over are overweight or obese and the Medical Journal of Australia reported last year that the country is "in the throes of an unprecedented epidemic of diabetes and obesity."

More - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... fat126.xml (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../26/wfat126.xml)

Worldwide rates are below:-
n.b. this obesity data is displayed as a guide only, as obesity statistics are constantly updated.

Country Percentage of Obese Men
Finland 19
Russia 10.8
Germany 17.2
Czech 16.3
Belgium 12.1
Spain 11.5
Sweden 10
France 9.6
Denmark 10
Holland 8.4
Italy 6.5
Australia 18
United States 26
United Kingdom 16.4

Source: International Obesity Task Force (IOTF)

Gasp, look at these statistics. (Shock horror)
America 26% of the men are porker elephants!

Australia 18%, are blubbery fat whales

and who is also near the top of the list??? Hmmm?

The UK, with 16.4% of British men being fuller figured fecund fatties.

(Is that why you're such a fat-arse lard-butt, Beryl? How much do you weigh, anyway? 150kgs? 200kgs?)

Shocking!

Two interesting points in the figures above. If a high fat diet is supposed to make you fat, then how come the French (who eat a high fat diet) are so skinny but the Finns who also eat are high fat diet are not? (9.6% vs. 19%). And why are the Italians so skinny given all the pasta (simple carbs) they eat? Perhaps the board's resident expert on all things scientific, Col. Beryl Plonker-Dunce, FSO) will regale us with her genius and flash us her 'null' hypothesis in explanation of this discrepancy.

April 2nd, 2007, 09:49
Two interesting points in the figures above. If a high fat diet is supposed to make you fat, then how come the French (who eat a high fat diet) are so skinny but the Finns who also eat are high fat diet are not? (9.6% vs. 19%). And why are the Italians so skinny given all the pasta (simple carbs) they eat? Perhaps the board's resident expert on all things scientific, Col. Beryl Plonker-Dunce, FSO) will regale us with her genius and flash us her 'null' hypothesis in explanation of this discrepancy.

As Gleaming Plonker-Dunce is unable to regale us with her genius and flash of nul hypothesis in explanation of his discrepancy, I will try myself drawing on the habits of man and beast and their intake of calories and one another.

Climate, type of fat/diet, habit, metabolism and body type. The Dutch are a good example. They eat a nasty diet in the main. It consists of Potatoes potatoes potatoes dairy products and more dairy products etc, and the odd bit of cabbage and rook worst( smoke sausage). They are getting taller and taller by the way, and live in smaller and smaller homes. They are not very fat until they reach middle age and even that is the minority. The reason they are all so slim is because they exercise and exercise, its a national past time, the bicycle is the main means of transport. Also they are a hands on agricultural lot, who spend a lot of time working the land or fishing the seas or skating the dykes, generally very active "melk boers" or dairy farmers. The Dutch also tend towards a fine balance between being mesomorphs and ectomorphs in build and fat distribution . The further South you go the more this becomes apparent, there and on the continent as a whole. But to look at queen Beatrix dressed in puffed sleeves and the palace drapery, you would be forgiven for thinking you were looking at a Giant cow with hormonal imbalance, her bones however support this mass quite well.

Your average endomorphic Brit on the other hand, shaped like a skittle (who is also vertically challenged) will wobble a few meters to gorge on fried mars bars and chips for breakfast then lay on a settee in front of the TV and have pie and lardy chips for lunch, then eat fried "shapes" with yet more lardy chips and fried eggs for dinner (sorry TEA) and then go to bed after more TV. This is all very good and well, however they are also not a very sporty lot in the main, plus that truly ghastly diet, and you are looking obesity in the face.
Unlike lets say Spain where every one is a perfect mesomorph anyway, they all eat very well and healthily too and despite being on the shortish side also look well. The British fat problem seems to be a socio-economic underclass problem, the masses or majority in other words. They are fat fat fat and are terrified of good food, so are trapped in an ever widening spiral outwards of bad genes diet and education. They are not exposed to a healthy diet as children and so end up as fat as their parents.