PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok and Ayutthaya trip

February 2nd, 2006, 04:31
Just back from a few days in Bangkok showing a friend around. The good news is that the bars are open until 1.30 a.m. again and partying is much the same as before. The explicit shows are not happening but there were stiffies a go-go at one Twilight bar Tuesday night.

Dick's Cafe: My favourite watering hole and brilliant for people watching and the commercial scene. Chicken with cashew nuts is everyones favourite there. Happy staff

Balcony Bar: I was amazed at the crowds in Soi 4 on a Monday night. The place was throbbing and lively. Staff here are a delight and smiles abound.delicious duck breast with pickled ginger and Thai fragrant rice was washed down with a lovely Chilean Chardonnay. Friends joined us from the Mozart concert and enjoyed excellent Irish Coffees

Siam Heritage Hotel: Friends staying there in a suite were very disappointed with the rooms - pretty but impractical with bad lighting - and staff - sulky. Then livid when refused access for a smart young Thai joiner to come up for a drink. Their first choice Tarntawan Place was full.
Tawan: is almost unrecognizable. The entrance has moved, the place where the b oys sit has gone, they have changed the chairs and re-arranged the banquettes. The mirrored stage wall has been covered. The boys were wearing shorts and tops and there was really no show though some boys danced a bit. The guys seem OK and were as friendly as ever. I think it will recover quickly.

Siam Sea World. Despite quite a lot of customers it being Chinese New Years holiday for many, the place is a knockout and only Bt450 for all (I think the Pattaya one is Bt600 for foreigners) It is sparklingly clean and there are many tanks some small and full of exquisite tiny jelly fish and some vast as a cinemascope screen full of sea creatures large and small. Signage is good and it was very obviously being enjoyed by everyone there.

Future Boys is an old favourite go-go bar of mine on Soi Twilight. They always have lots if guys there and currently I thought they had a spectacular bunch especially with athletic physiques.

Janpa Massage Center, 15/1 Suckhumvit Soi 41 - near Emporium - is a nice new Gentlemens place in and old colonial house. The reception is comfortable with massive teak chairs and chamfered windows to the gardens. You choose your massage Swedish, Aroma, Sports etc 850 baht and are shown to a private room with a locker and then to an open air garden shower. Masseurs vary in standard. My friend was massaged by Mr. Wiera - ex Candle T Spa - and he was delighted and described him as brilliant. I had a different guy and thought it OK. Phone 022588889

Ayuttaya Tour. We booked at the tour desk in the Pinnacle Bt1000 for the trip 06.45 to 17.30. There were only three on the tour my friend, self and a charming Canadian girl. We were in a mature mini bus and rattled off the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace which is a delight. There was a lady who spoke some English who worked hard to tell us about stuff as the guide was late. Then on to Ayutthaya where we visited two temples, met elephants and had a nice lunch on the river bank restaurant (included in the price) We rattled back to Bangkok and stopped at a jewelery place but declined to enter. Eventually the driver took us to our hotels. It was a good day.

tony808
February 2nd, 2006, 07:07
Thanks for the update. I always enjoy hearing what is going on from someone who is there. I am a fan of Tawan and hope everything gets back to normal soon. Were there many customers in Tawan or was it quiet? Did it seem that all the boys were there or is the number of boys down? Thanks again for the report.

catawampuscat
February 2nd, 2006, 16:37
How long will this go on? IT seems to be about two weeks already and much longer than I would have imagined.. Any of you Bangkok boys know whats happening and if and when things will change??