PDA

View Full Version : Massage etiquette

Nathan B
March 17th, 2007, 22:45
I'm very familiar with go-go bars and host bars, but I'm a massage virgin. What can I expect for extra services after the massage? How far can things go? Is it generally just a hand job on offer? If I want something more, um, fulfilling, is that usual in a massage parlour? I generally like to top, but wouldn't want to appear pushy if its not the done thing! Should this be discussed in advance with the boy (which I would usually do in a bar)? Are tips the same as if I'd offed from a bar? Any advice welcomed.

March 17th, 2007, 22:55
Depends on the massage place. The ones that bill themselves as a "spa" are generally less sex-intensive. The other places -- the likes of Albury, Hero, B&N, Arena, Adonis, etc., etc., -- are definitely full service. The mamasan can tell you which boys are prepared to bottom, though it wouldn't hurt to confirm with him if you're 100% intent on it.

bao-bao
March 17th, 2007, 23:29
Welcome, Nathan.

As the song from 1969 went: "You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant." Posts here have said many times that it's important to communicate your wishes and get an agreement before you go off into a room. It at least helps assure you of what you're looking for. BG's advice was spot on, also.

In the upper right hand corner of your screen is the "search" tool. You'll find there's a wealth of previous posts on this, most of which are both time- and money-saving reads.

Here's an example about Hero:
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... tip#101970 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=101970&highlight=massage+tip#101970)

My one suggestion would be to pick a guy with SOME apparent upper-body strength and someone who's tall enough to be able to work on you while you're on the table... if you're really looking for a proper massage, that is!

Tipping for "post massage extras" is, as usual "up to you", but you'll find a wide range suggested in previous posts, also.

It was nice to see you asking about etiquette, also. Massage guys are human beings, not pieces of meat; something that's sometimes forgotten here in the threads.

March 17th, 2007, 23:37
It's not entirely "up to you". Most places state that there is a mininum tip of either 500 or 1,000.

bao-bao
March 17th, 2007, 23:45
Agreed, BG, but I was referring to "post massage extras", as Nathan was originally asking about.

By the way, here's a guy I saw a couple of times who could really do a great massage. He had some strength to his arms and was tall enough to be able to use his upper body weight to apply pressure, also. I don't know what sort of extras he's willing to do, that's not why I was there.

His name is "Kirk" and he was working at NoBody in Bangkok when I was last there.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... ic_id=2170 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=2170)

March 18th, 2007, 01:01
My experience with NoBody is that it is not quite in the same category as Albury, Hero, B&N, etc. You will know there is a difference when you notice that the masseur does not do it in the nude. He will normally - it varies somewhat from one person to the next - be happy to provide a handjob, but as Nathan B was asking about topping, then I'd say NoBody wouldn't fit on his list.

fedssocr
March 18th, 2007, 06:21
I had a couple of good/decent experiences at Bonny/Bunny Massage on the gogo bar soi above Dick's Cafe. Not sure about topping the boys, you would need to inquire about that somehow. I was not really offered a choice of boys other than an inquiry regarding whichever boy happened to be "up" at the time and whether he would be OK with me. I'm not sure how easy it would have been to say no. The boys do all sit outside on the bench downstairs. I suppose you might be able to pick one out of that line up before you go upstairs.

I went there twice during my time. The massage beds were not especially comfortable as there is no face cradle. And the shower is not in the room. My first masseur was a nice wiry boy, probably 23 or 24 who didn't seem to speak much English and also seemed to be a bit more of a "top" himself, might have been str8. Gave me an OK massage and let me suck him no problem and gave me a handjob. The second time I was there the guy was a little bigger and softer than I normally go for, but a very handsome/sweet face also early 20s. A little more fem than the first guy and he also spoke some English so we could chat a little bit. Both times the guy started out clothed but ended up naked by the time I flipped over. I think if I had wanted to top guy number 2 I probably could have. Guy number 1 seemed to be mostly interested in getting serviced which was not a problem for me. I think the "menu" had a suggested tip on it. I believe I tipped about 700 or 800 each time. You tip the boy in the room and pay for the massage at the front desk on the way out.

I think next time I am in town I will try out one of the more upscale places with the shower in room and a real massage table as my neck gets very sore when I have to lay on my stomach with no face cradle.

March 18th, 2007, 11:18
It's not easy to find a massauer who is goodlooking, has nice body, good attitudes, sexually willihng, with good massage skills. So when I really want a massage, I go to real massage place. When I want sex, I go to sex massage place, but won't complain if the guy I pick does not do a good massage job.

March 18th, 2007, 11:35
If you had been anywhere else, I'm sure you would not be recommending Bunny/Bonny -- which is surely among the worst places in town.

March 18th, 2007, 13:59
Will be in Pattaya next month... perhaps those in Pattaya can recommend a good massage place that provides massage with extras......

March 18th, 2007, 17:13
It's not easy to find a massauer who is goodlooking, has nice body, good attitudes, sexually willihng, with good massage skills. So when I really want a massage, I go to real massage place. When I want sex, I go to sex massage place, but won't complain if the guy I pick does not do a good massage job.

The V-Club in Bangkok is still top notch. Always very busy but nothing for a cheap charly.

V-Club Massage 52/1 Soi Phaholyothin 7 (Soi Aree), Phaholyothin Road,Phayathai, Bangkok. 279 3322; 271 2464.

March 18th, 2007, 17:32
And if you are into magazine models, try this....

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2779/dooralb010wwxn3.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2820/dooralb049zapg4.jpg

at V Club.

He is top and does not bottom.
Size queens may not be overly happy.

March 18th, 2007, 17:40
Typical of what you find at V-Club, in my limited experience: pretty boys who don't think they have to know anything about massage, nor provide much sexual service, to receive a 1,500 baht+ tip. I'd give it a miss.

March 18th, 2007, 19:26
I have been told there are 2 mamasans at V club.

One is a bitchy queen whom most customers find it hard to put up with. The other one is a nice and polite queen, her name is Bua (as Lotus), who always gives accurate info of the masseurs. It's advised that when you arrive just ask for Bua straight away so that the other mamasan won't come to bother you.

IEB2004-old
March 18th, 2007, 19:39
I have studied Swedish and Deep Tissue massage in the US, and completed four Thai massage courses offered in Wat Pho, all of which I thoroughly enjoyed, and would recommend to anyone who is interested. Personally, I think apart from learning something new, doing the courses is also good for your body.

I have tried many of the well known gay massage places in Bangkok, and some are definitely better than others. When I arrive the first question I ask is about the massage skills of the guys. Often, I am told that they have been trained in house, occasionally they have been trained elsewhere. The standard of masseur, or massage therapist, varies from place to place, but I have also found a few words in English, or better still Thai, about their massage skills can bring out the best in them.

Sometimes you find a gem. I remember a guy from a few years ago called Nu in Arena who was excellent, and very proud of his work. He did have one unusual practice, however, in that to finish off, after a happy ending, he would place a towel over your face which had been submerged in ice water! He spent the who massage relaxing you, only to cause every muscle to tighten with the shock of the ice cold towel. After a little discussion he changed his practice to using a hot towel on the face at the end.

Face cradle, I have never seen a face cradle in any of the gay massage places. I have seen what I call sports tables somewhere, those are the ones with the hole in the table for your face, as opposed to the extended face cradle. Without doubt it would improve things if they did have face cradles. It would certainly be easier to relax and would be better for your neck.

When I first started going to Thailand Arena was my favorite gay massage place, it certainly has a good looking group of masseurs, but, in my opinion, it has become quite run down and dirty. I suppose you could always choose out service. In the past I have tired Bunny/Bonny, Andy's, His, Aqua, Body Club, Candle Thai Spa, GQ Massage, and many others, some were good, some I would never go back to. Sometimes you strike it really lucky, in a place called Blue something, in a Soi off Sukhumvit, I once had an hour of good Thai massage followed by an hour of good oil massage, both were very sensual. It just makes me tingle all over thinking about it. So, read the various posts on-line, try out a few places, hell knock yourself out and try them all, and when you find a place you like, with a guy you like, enjoy it and let the rest of us know.

My favorite gay massage place at the moment is Adonis on Soi Convent. It is a very nice place and I have had some good massage experiences there, but I look forward to doing more research ;) on my return to Bangkok.

For the best Thai massage go to Wat Pho, or in Chiang Mai for the Northern style of Thai massage try the Old Medicine Hospital.

Have fun doing your research.

bing
March 18th, 2007, 19:47
There are several places in Jomtien .... You can get a massage on a mat on the beach, which many do. After your time at the beach if you want a real massage you might try the Thai Blind Massage Institute.. I find the easiest way to get there is go to the 711 at Beach entrance and get a motorcycle guy.. Don't worry if you can't speak Thai,,, Just move fingers like you are giving a massage to a friends shoulders and then put hands over your eyes and he will know where to take you,, give him 20 baht and you will get a fine massage. I find medium is plenty of massage... if you get a strong guy you will be sore after,,,,, I should speak for myself.. I have had both and Medium is plenty of massage... You leave your shorts on and lie on a mat on the floor. Perfect time to don your sexiest bikini. I can tell you a blind guy by the name of Shampoo ,, yes that is his name Shampoo.... At least that is what farangs call him will give you a fine massage. His medium massage has me squirming under his hands.

If you want a more sexy massage I suggest you go to Dicks Cafe after the beach. From there you will see a few places and check out which one has the young man of your desires. You can't go wrong they are all fine with me.

March 18th, 2007, 20:43
Thai Blind Massage Institute.. .......Perfect time to don your sexiest bikini.

Your logic escapes me!

March 18th, 2007, 22:19
After your time at the beach if you want a real massage you might try the Thai Blind Massage Institute.
Judging from the sight of some of the grossly over-weight lumps of blubber at the beach the masseurs need to be blind - (just joking, or am I ?)!!

Best massage parlour in Pattaya is in Day/Night area - Royal House Massage - they cater for all tastes and requirements.

March 19th, 2007, 01:37
Responding to above post about Bunnys/Bonnys next to Dicks Cafe in BKK.
I am VERY inexperienced and this was my first in Thailand. The boys setting on benches outside were friendly, and I assumed the boy that talked personally to me would be my massage boy. Not so, at the bottom of the stairs I was met with another, an even better boy. I think he gained my approval before going up the stairs, but my excitement may have deceived me. Upstairs, a girl is helping me select the type of massage and the scent of oil. I selected the one and a half hour massage. A MUST. I believe the extra half hour is very important. When done, the boy was standing-by with nothing but a towel wrapped around him. He led me higher to another floor.

In the room he had me stand as he un-bottoned my shirt, removed it and the rest of my clothes in a very sensual way. He wrapped a towel around me and I followed him down the hall to a nice shower area where he gave me a great sensual shower and then quickly washed himself.

The massage was more than I expected. Again, I am a novice, but it was far better than previous massages in Vietnam or the US. Additionally, his technique included his nude body sliding on my back with his elbow penetrating my back. His sensual action between the legs made a happy ending automatic. Really good for me. Shower again at the end and he dressed me which for some reason was a real turn-on.

Published price as I remember was 700 baht for 1 and a half hours with a 400 baht recommended tip. My massage boy was not worried about time and I believe I was under his care for perhaps two hours. He earned and recieved more than the minimum tip. I would have married him in a heart beat. His "Wei" (spelling ?) and sincere smile after receiving the tip made it even better for me.

Sorry this is long, but for the one asking the question and has never been, I hope this adds to a newbie knowledge. The boy, not the facility made it great. Only regret is that he was not available for a follow-up massage.

March 19th, 2007, 05:56
Responding to above post about Bunnys/Bonnys next to Dicks Cafe in BKK.
I am VERY inexperienced and this was my first in Thailand. The boys setting on benches outside were friendly, and I assumed the boy that talked personally to me would be my massage boy. Not so, at the bottom of the stairs I was met with another, an even better boy. I think he gained my approval before going up the stairs, but my excitement may have deceived me. Upstairs, a girl is helping me select the type of massage and the scent of oil. I selected the one and a half hour massage. A MUST. I believe the extra half hour is very important. When done, the boy was standing-by with nothing but a towel wrapped around him. He led me higher to another floor.

In the room he had me stand as he un-bottoned my shirt, removed it and the rest of my clothes in a very sensual way. He wrapped a towel around me and I followed him down the hall to a nice shower area where he gave me a great sensual shower and then quickly washed himself.

The massage was more than I expected. Again, I am a novice, but it was far better than previous massages in Vietnam or the US. Additionally, his technique included his nude body sliding on my back with his elbow penetrating my back. His sensual action between the legs made a happy ending automatic. Really good for me. Shower again at the end and he dressed me which for some reason was a real turn-on.

Published price as I remember was 700 baht for 1 and a half hours with a 400 baht recommended tip. My massage boy was not worried about time and I believe I was under his care for perhaps two hours. He earned and recieved more than the minimum tip. I would have married him in a heart beat. His "Wei" (spelling ?) and sincere smile after receiving the tip made it even better for me.

Sorry this is long, but for the one asking the question and has never been, I hope this adds to a newbie knowledge. The boy, not the facility made it great. Only regret is that he was not available for a follow-up massage.

so, what is his name? how much did you tip him? 500 baht?

neddy3
March 19th, 2007, 06:12
Arena is the massage house that I have the most experience with. They have a good selection of guys, mostly well built, and comfortable rooms with showers.
It is a place I would suggest to others looking for a 'full service massage'. I am sure there are other places at least their equal.

I went once to V-Club, some years back now. Was OK, but I didn't particularly want to go back, jst a feeling about the place. Probably unfair, and I should try it again after this time, though boygeenyus' comment seems to match my impression.

Never been to QC, off Sathorn. They often hand out flyers at night in the go-go bar area. Has anyone a report?

Tried Bonny once, not keen to return.
I notice a new place opened up in that soi, opposite Future Boys, and called Red Massage. They have cute younger boys outside, who look cute but too young to have learnt much about massage. But maybe someone can give an informed opinion.

March 19th, 2007, 11:31
The places offering serious sex such as Albury seem to have a clear tariff. The current website has prices the same as many years ago http://www.alburyclub.com/massage.htm with Massage 400 and 500 baht, Minimum tip for boy 1000 baht and locker key/shower 200 baht - refundable? With a drink or two you are talking 2000 baht and up. You normally don't get much over an hour for massage and shag.

Once - it was Aqua I think - I was killing time before a flight and booked 2 hour massage. Mamasan insisted that I tip the boy 2000 baht minimum - 1000 per hour though congress was only indulged in once for a shortish time.

Wherever one goes the quality of massage varies with the ability of the masseur as does the sex. I don't really go in for sex massage clubs any more. I prefer to take a guy from a bar and get a massage from him if possible. Some are surprisingly good. "All Tawan Boys are experienced masseurs" or so their brochure says. The cost can about the same, Bar drinks 400 baht, off fee 400, tip and taxi 1200 baht.

I do enjoy a good oil massage (only) and the best that I have found have been at
http://www.watpho.com/massage_e.html
http://www.candlethaispa.com/
http://www.healthlandspa.com/

March 20th, 2007, 01:52
Quote from IEB2004 "My favorite gay massage place at the moment is Adonis on Soi Convent"

Perhaps you have enjoyed the services of my EX who works there.. he is Wat Po trained (I paid.. what a fool I was). Does a decent massage.. cute, slim, and will Top, bottom or anyting in between for the right price. He tells me the usual tip for anal is between 1200 to 2000 baht. He averages about 20,000 baht a month.. almost twice what my present, college educated BF makes working a legit 60 hour a week office job.

Nathan B
March 20th, 2007, 05:27
Thanks for all the comments and advice.

Does anyone have an update on massage places in Patong? That's where I'll be next. The last comments on Patong in this forum are from mid-2006.

March 20th, 2007, 17:33
If you want to have a sensual and sexy massage for the very first time, just go to Hero or Albury and LEAVE the other parlors till later.

March 20th, 2007, 19:21
TBMI Thai Blind Massage Institute is excellent for true therapeutically massage. Strictly no sex.

More details: www.tbmipattaya.com (http://www.tbmipattaya.com)

Vera good service all around.

Alaan
March 25th, 2007, 10:25
Just to update info on Bonnys massage which i visited a few days ago. At the end of each of my visits to Thailand i spend 2-3 days in Bangkok before flying home. I always visit Bonnys as my experiences there have always been very positive despite the many mixed reviews i've seen about the place. Much of it depends on your specific requirements.
I enjoy a 'soft' massage and a chuck wow happy ending is fine for me, to be honest when i do go for a massage it is usually because i'm a bit knackered and i'm a bit lazy about the experience contributing very little, i usually can't be bothered with topping and don't bottom so i'm quite happy just to be 'taken care of'.

Some info on my experience of the place is that they seem to have a rota of boys whose turn it is to give the next massage, and when you climb the stairs to the counter the next boy on the rota will accompany you and the receptionist will usually ask if this boy will do. But the best way to enjoy your encounter at Bonnys is first to pick the boy you want, if you are sitting at Dicks, or get a chance to look at the boys sitting outside before you enter, if a boy takes your fancy simply go up to him and ask him if he will give you the massage. I usually sit and have a drink at Dicks before my massage and usually make eye contact with the boy i want to give me my massage, a smile and an indication that he is the one you want is all it takes... failing that, when you go to the counter simply ask for a selection of boys and all the boys sitting outside as well as some inside will line up for you, don't worry about rejecting the boy suggested for you at the start, they understand everyone has different tastes.

When i first visited Bonnys about 3years ago the manager at the time as well as the masseur told me that they were forbidden to have anal sex with customers on the premises as the 'deal' to operate in that soi, because it is a high profile gay soi and possibly subject to random visits (not raids)from the boys in brown, was to agree to stop short of the full monty.

From my experience of Bonnys certainly most of the boys are str8/50-50 and some will want to give the massage in underwear if they can, but they seem to have a large stable of boys on shifts and always new faces each time i visit. My last visit a few days ago i made eye contact with one of the boys sitting outside and he indicated that he would give me a massage if i wanted. He certainly looked str8/boy-next-door type, very cute with long hair and a cute smile..just my type.

Anyway with the type of massage i prefer it doesn't matter to me if he is gay or str8, we undressed together in the massage room and went to the shower room and showered together, he washed me all over making sure he touched all the sensitive areas ... so i enjoyed that part of it. we then went back to the room which has a nice atmosphere of subdued lighting and he did the massage, we were both naked. I booked for an hour at bt500 for oil massage. about half way through the very good massage, he started rubbing more of his body over me making sure i could feel his erection, i told him i was gay man(top) and he told me he was same, no topping no problem for me, i turned over and immediately he was very affectionate kissing passionately, we sucked eachother then he gave me a very nice chuck wow with passionate kissing and hugs. I always pay bt1000 tip for a satisfactory hour massage with sex involved, and he was delighted with that. I also went back the next afternoon and the experience was just as good.He asked when i was due to fly out, which was the following evening, he asked if i would want a massage the next day as it was his day off and he would be happy to come to my hotel, so we exchanged numbers and next day he phoned and came to the Tarntawan where i was staying and had a lovely 2-3 hours with him on my last day. He wouldn't accept an off fee.. as there usually is when a masseur visits your hotel, as it was his day off, and he only wanted bt1000 and grudgingly accepted bt150 for his taxi fare to the hotel from his home in Bangkok.

I give this long review of Bonnys to show that there are alternative views and experiences to be had, even at places with mixed reviews and even str8 boys can be very affectionate and give very good service if the mood is right.

TrongpaiExpat
March 25th, 2007, 12:42
Nice report Alaan. I have been wondering about that place. I am a regular at Dick's Cafe and don't see many farangs go in or out. I do speak to the boys and one in particular, I have been talking to from Dick's for over a year. Sometimes I buy some vendor food and take them all a treat but I have never had a massage there.

This Friday night, I have never seen so many boys on the benches, must have been over 15. The new one, Red massage, across the street also had more than they usually have.

What makes a good massage is not so much the venue as the boy giving the massage. You seem to have hit the right boy for you.

It does seem that most of the massage boys in all the venues are straight. I know a few and they tell me that prefer the massage jobs over go-go because you work less hours and get off at 10pm in time to make the discos with friends. If you get an off from a bar, sometimes you have to stay with the farang all night and then they expect you to eat a farang breakfast with them. They sleep in hotels with the AC like a refrigerator and some prefer to talk rather than watch TV.

bao-bao
March 25th, 2007, 21:16
I give this long review of Bonnys to show that there are alternative views and experiences to be had, even at places with mixed reviews and even str8 boys can be very affectionate and give very good service if the mood is right.

...and my opinion still stands: those in service positions of any kind are human beings, not animals, and respond much better to respect and consideration than bullying, demands and the boorish "me first" behavior that's so prevalent today. Yes, we encounter lemons; but by and large you'll ALWAYS get better service if you don't act like the one of our SGT trolls.

I picked the massage guy I posted in my album here a week or so ago because he looked like he had the upper body strength and height to do an adequate job for me (the massage I needed, not sex), but after showing some genuine interest in him and his life he not only extended the massage time at least a half hour past the "ding" of the timer, but lay down beside me to talk for another half hour past that. When I went to tip him, he handed half of it back and said "no, come back again."

We reap what we sow.

Thanks for the good read, Alaan.

March 25th, 2007, 22:45
Responding to above post about Bunnys/Bonnys next to Dicks Cafe in BKK ... The boys setting on benches outside were friendly, and I assumed the boy that talked personally to me would be my massage boy. Not so ...Yes, that's my experience the one and only time I was tempted after lunching at Dick's. I talked to the boy downstairs, we went upstairs and then it was "Oh, but I have a booking in 30 minutes' time", to which my response as "Oh, well I might come back later". I never did. I believe the other massage place a bit further down the Soi and on the opposite side has a core staff of boys (joined by some others) who were originally at Bonny's

If it's a Thai massage you're after, for what Bonny's offers I can get maybe better and certainly longer at any of the massage places in Soi Wall Street Inn, almost opposite. I'm not sure how Bonny's works - tip only for the boy, I suspect, which is why they now have a "minimum tip" rule. Genuine massage places (certainly in the Soi WSI) pay their staff around 4500 baht/month and then tips are more along the lines of 100 baht, which if they're lucky brings their wage up to around 9000 baht - coincidentally the wage a waiter at Sphinx gets (before tips)

But then, for me a massage is a massage and a fuck's a fuck, and confusing the two ends up with neither being satisfactory

haikudude
March 29th, 2007, 09:36
I often visit His Club in Chiang Mai. The massage there has always been perfect and the boys are all scrumptious.
About a month ago, I revisited and was told by the manager that the procedures have changed. He told me that the tip would now be included in the massage price. Usually I get a 2 hour oil massage for around 700 baht. Depending on the boyтАЩs massage and service, I would tip anywhere for 1000 to 1400 baht. So I drop around 2000 baht on a normal visit. Last time however, the 2 hour massage with tip included was 1900 baht.
During the massage, about an hour in to it the boy started his happy ending routine. That has never happen before. I normally instigate that phase on the massage. I let that go for a while but then had him continue with the excellent massage he was giving me. Soon near the end, of course I let his happy ending routine come into play. Oil and whatnot was splattered all over that little room. He did so well and was so sweet and obliging, I felt funny about not tipping him personally. I ask him if he get tips but he said nothing, just a smile. So I confirmed with the manager if he would get a tip. Manager said yes, only with a smile and nod. Still, outside as the boy saw me off, I stuffed 500 baht into his pocket. I was concerned on the tip amount he would get.
So is this usual? Tip included with the massage price? Never happen to me before. Anyone else?

March 29th, 2007, 09:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8XHH5Du3qw

March 30th, 2007, 14:27
My favourite would have to be Aqua, especially 2 boys: Ball who gives full Body Slide oil massage and Aey who really knows how to please his customer. Arena is OK except the last time I was there, Dec 06, the boy had a bad cold and of course I got it too. Have not tried Bonny although when I have eaten at Dicks Cafe, they always try to make eye contact. Has anyone used Royal House in Pattaya? Their website looks good. :cheers:

March 30th, 2007, 18:20
Rule Number 1:

The customer comes first. :cheers:

bucknaway
March 31st, 2007, 03:14
He is a cute guy! http://upload7.postimage.org/466855/freeblowjob.jpg (http://upload7.postimage.org/466855/photo_hosting.html)

And if you are into magazine models, try this....

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2779/dooralb010wwxn3.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2820/dooralb049zapg4.jpg

at V Club.

He is top and does not bottom.
Size queens may not be overly happy.