PDA

View Full Version : Thailand, Russia agree on mutual visa exemptions March 24th

travelerjim
March 15th, 2007, 17:41
Thailand, Russia agree on mutual visa exemptions

http://etna.mcot.net/query.php?nid=28416 .

BANGKOK, March 14 (TNA) тАУ Thailand and Russia agreed Wednesday to visas on arrival to facilitate travel and boost the tourism sector and people-to-people linkages between the two countries, according to acting Foreign Ministry Spokesman Kiattikhun Chartprasert.

Mr. Kiattikhun, who is also the Ministry's Information Department Deputy Director General, said the Thai and Russian governments had signed a visa exemption agreement to give visa privileges to Thai and Russian passport holders.

The agreement would take effect on March 24, the spokesman said.

He added that the agreement exempts valid passport holders from Thailand and Russia from visa requirements for visits of up to 30 days from the date of entry.

(for more info read more...)

-----------------------------

So...if you want to take a Thai friend with you to visit Russia....
NO special Visa is required of the Thai...they will get 30 days on arrival visa.

and we all will be seeing more Russians in Thailand soon...

"During the first nine months of 2006, Mr. Kiattikhun said, as many as 100,000 Russians visited Thailand,
up 94 per cent when compared to the same period in 2005.

Meanwhile, during Jan-May 2006, 4,087 Thais traveled to Russia, the spokesman said.
(TNA)-E003

TJ

March 15th, 2007, 17:55
... some of the Forum members in Pattaya sooooooooooooooo happy

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 16th, 2007, 01:02
the more young hunky Ivans the better. I love hearing them speak in Russian..they could be saying "you stupid fat old c**t" and I would get a hard-on.I love the way they just look straight through me like I simply don't exist...it's a real turn on !!!..well it beats people looking at you with utter disgust.

March 16th, 2007, 01:59
Wonder how many thais will flock to Russia? Im sure the elite business class will have a go.

March 16th, 2007, 08:50
Wonder how many thais will flock to Russia? Im sure the elite business class will have a go.

The elite business class have never had trouble getting visas to begin with.