PDA

View Full Version : War of the Lux'or Vs Ole to get your custom.

February 1st, 2006, 20:37
Let Me Tell You,

Do you have some kind of problem with English? I am having trouble understanding your post

catawampuscat
February 2nd, 2006, 00:58
Luxor has had some time to get its act together, its staff trained, its kitchen working efficiently and it is getting good reviews ...
Ole is only open a few days and is huge..There are short of staff and will need a little time to get their act together, their staff trained and the kitchen working effectively..The owner has put a lot into it and after a shakeout period it should be an excellent restaurant. I noticed LMTU has been to Luxor 7 times and I believe it is necessary to eat at a fine restaurant at least two or three times and trying different things before one can make a meaningful review.. However things like acidic wine need to be improved at once...

February 2nd, 2006, 01:40
I believe it is necessary to eat at a fine restaurant at least two or three times and trying different things before one can make a meaningful review..

You may be right, but I can assure you this is not a view shared by newspaper/magazine editors who find themselves paying for honest professional reviews.

February 2nd, 2006, 05:44
credit to Helmet the German owner

Would that be "Helmut", perhaps?

February 2nd, 2006, 17:01
Thank you, Let Me Tug Your Ear Wig, I will try both places ASAP.

catawampuscat
February 4th, 2006, 23:29
First we passed by NiddysNook and it was closed..Happy Birthday for Chris notices outside and then proceeded to Ole... Ole was empty and it was prime eating time about 8:30PM..The airconditioned room was closed and the lights were off..The front part had one small table with two customers and the rest of the place was empty.. Someone said only two waiters showed up and it looks like Ole has some big opening problems..We continued on and ended up at Flamingo and it was very busy, excellent service, good food and prices and a very nice cool atmosphere...The outside part was full also..The house wine was quite good and very drinkable..They manage to give you a salad bar, main course, tasty desert and coffee/tea for under 200B. on the daily specials in an a/c tastefully decorated room , with tableclothes and cloth napkins..

February 5th, 2006, 03:27
believe it is necessary to eat at a fine restaurant at least two or three times and trying different things before one can make a meaningful review..

Hey that my be ok for you rich blokes ,how about working class battlers like me who have to work overtime and sundays just to get at least 60 to $70000 per year.Then again the sex tourists always have money to throw away on their annual trips,money to burn.I do like upper class restaurants,but i remember my dear old now departed Dad once said to me when i told him when i win the lottery i want to go to a real expensive restaurant,he said,"no good for you son,you cant feed strawberries to pigs" .I have always tried to figure that one out.