PDA

View Full Version : Gay Pattaya - an alternate view.

Sen Yai
March 11th, 2007, 14:11
I came across the following posting on another board, but I don't think I'll provide a link....

went to pattaya once and hated every minute of that cesspit. HATE HATE HATE PATTAYA.

i read that it's a gay beach resort so i thought that it will be like an asian ibitza/mykonos . boy! i went there alone to check it out and was sadly mistaken.

the place is like one huge fucking whorehouse. seriously. horrible beaches, jomtien is the pits.ugly sights. ugh.

visited the bars and i was the only asian guy below 30 who was not a gogoboy. and i was also mistaken for a freelancer. this horrid old thing came up to me and asked me how much i cost. was mortified.

there 's nothing there but gogobars and hostbars patronised by fat old hideous farang men looking for gogoboys to spend the night with. they were ugly. how ugly? UGGLLYYY. almost conjunctivitis inducing. and fat! how fat? FFFAAATTTTTT!

it must be quite sad to buy sex when u can get it for free. but im sure them farang guys must have felt like kings there. but hey if money can buy love, then they must be happy!

ive travelled to many places and i usually see some redeeming factor about every place that ive visited. however, i can say nothing nice about pattaya. avoid.

it had got to be the saddest place on earth. ugh.

March 11th, 2007, 14:38
In other words - nobody fancied him!

March 11th, 2007, 14:45
Or the price wasn't high enough?
The writer makes a fair point. Pattaya isn't a prime spot for that kind of younger international gay man. He should have known better before he came.

March 11th, 2007, 14:57
He obviously didnt see all the hot russian studmuffins!

Maybe we should send bucknaway & cedric on a mercy mission?

March 11th, 2007, 15:19
In other words - nobody fancied him!

Not true. Some Farang did ask him how much.

March 11th, 2007, 15:39
gogobars and hostbars patronised by fat old hideous farang men looking for gogoboys to spend the night with. they were ugly. how ugly? UGGLLYYY. almost conjunctivitis inducing. and fat! how fat? FFFAAATTTTTT!

it must be quite sad to buy sex when u can get it for free.

10/10 for accurate observation.

March 11th, 2007, 15:51
[quote="Sen Yai":37pai27a]gogobars and hostbars patronised by fat old hideous farang men looking for gogoboys to spend the night with. they were ugly. how ugly? UGGLLYYY. almost conjunctivitis inducing. and fat! how fat? FFFAAATTTTTT!

it must be quite sad to buy sex when u can get it for free.

10/10 for accurate observation.[/quote:37pai27a]
Excuse me, but not accurate at ll.
Fat ugly old men CANNOT get sex with cute young guys FOR FREE. Anywhere.

March 11th, 2007, 16:03
This view is not an "alternate" one -- it is 100% accurate. And I, for one, will cheer the day when something happens to clean out the human trash from what could otherwise be a happy place. Perhaps it has already started (he says hopefully)...

March 11th, 2007, 16:06
Our money certainly doesn't buy love from Thai boys, although they do lie deliciously well. For a while. The lies cannot be kept up for long, and the behaviour deteriorates rapidly once they feel they have you firmly hooked.

March 11th, 2007, 16:13
You might start by looking in the mirror and asking yourself "what could possibly be lovable about me to an 18 year-old, free-spirited Thai boy?"

Chances are, there's only one thing: your money.

March 11th, 2007, 16:19
You might start by looking in the mirror and asking yourself "what could possibly be lovable about me to an 18 year-old, free-spirited Thai boy?"

Duh!
So what?

March 11th, 2007, 16:20
[

There speaks the voice of an experienced sex tourist who has found that the only reason he can bed a Thai boy is the money in his wallet.

March 11th, 2007, 16:22
[

There speaks the voice of an experienced sex tourist who has found that the only reason he can bed a Thai boy is the money in his wallet.
Duh! So what. I am over 50. No different anywhere in the world. Grow the fuck up!
Some older people are sexually attracted to their own age.
Many aren't.
Again, SO WHAT?
These are agreements entered into by both parties FREE WILL.

March 11th, 2007, 16:23

Duh!
So what?

Duh, so what? So stop expecting love, that's what!

March 11th, 2007, 16:25
You know, you dark hearted man, there are many kinds of love. Some of these guys do love their farangs, in a certain way. You take what is possible. Don't judge. Could be you someday.

llz
March 11th, 2007, 17:05
Will be you someday

March 11th, 2007, 17:08
Will NOT be me some day.

I have a boyfriend of 17 years who will be with me to the day we die, and our age difference is four years. I feel sorry for you fuckers, seeking solace in the arms of bought flesh. Sad, very sad indeed.

March 11th, 2007, 17:09
Will NOT be me some day.

I have a boyfriend of 17 years who will be with me to the day we die, and our age difference is four years. I feel sorry for you fuckers, seeking solace in the arms of bought flesh. Sad, very sad indeed.
You're an idiot.
What if he dies next year and you make it to 60.
Are you sexually attracted to 60 year olds?
If so, good on you, that'll save you lots of money.

Did it occur to you, dumbo, that most of us oldies were once younger and had long term love relationships with people more our age, WHEN we were younger? Most relationships these days DO NOT LAST FOR LIFE!

So you think oldies should just put their dicks away and wait for death? Fine. We won't and we don't care what a troll like you says or thinks.

March 11th, 2007, 17:38
Nothing new on this, from the first time I was in Pattya I have seen it as only one big whorehouse. That is why I almost never go there...or go there because of the sleeze and I want to be a hedonist for a couple of days. But to be honest I always run from the place after 2 days.

March 11th, 2007, 17:41
. Some of these guys do love their farangs, in a certain way. You take what is possible. .

They love the way farangs rush to the ATM, the way they can be steered into the nearest gold of mobile phone shop and the way that 'I love you only' means a nice regular pay cheque arrives from overseas.

March 11th, 2007, 17:49
. Some of these guys do love their farangs, in a certain way. You take what is possible. .

They love the way farangs rush to the ATM, the way they can be steered into the nearest gold of mobile phone shop and the way that 'I love you only' means a nice regular pay cheque arrives from overseas.
Mostly. But there are exceptions. I have experienced this myself so I know. From a guy who I didn't buy a mobile, gold, or motorbike for. So there.

Doug
March 11th, 2007, 18:48
How many here believe boygenious' statement about how happy he is in his 17 year relationship?

If he's so content, then why is he here posting everyday on every topic? When I'm in Thailand and find a Thai friend, then I rarely visit these forums because I am content.

Aunty
March 11th, 2007, 19:07
I came across the following posting on another board, but I don't think I'll provide a link....

went to pattaya once and hated every minute of that cesspit. HATE HATE HATE PATTAYA.

i read that it's a gay beach resort so i thought that it will be like an asian ibitza/mykonos . boy! i went there alone to check it out and was sadly mistaken.

the place is like one huge fucking whorehouse. seriously. horrible beaches, jomtien is the pits.ugly sights. ugh.

visited the bars and i was the only asian guy below 30 who was not a gogoboy. and i was also mistaken for a freelancer. this horrid old thing came up to me and asked me how much i cost. was mortified.

there 's nothing there but gogobars and hostbars patronised by fat old hideous farang men looking for gogoboys to spend the night with. they were ugly. how ugly? UGGLLYYY. almost conjunctivitis inducing. and fat! how fat? FFFAAATTTTTT!

it must be quite sad to buy sex when u can get it for free. but im sure them farang guys must have felt like kings there. but hey if money can buy love, then they must be happy!

ive travelled to many places and i usually see some redeeming factor about every place that ive visited. however, i can say nothing nice about pattaya. avoid.

You know on one level what this guy had to say is correct. But the strident voice of revulsion he uses to say it reveals the heart of ignorance and bigotry. I don't know what it is with young Asian guys. But this whole Asian stance of controlling ones interpersonal world by putting the blinkers on and seeing only what one wants to see and the rest (if acknowledged at all) is filtered through a distancing matrix of protecting prejudice is a total fucking bore. No wonder Asian societies don't invent anything (or win Noble prizes), they're too fucking xenophobic to think outside the square

I can just see it in the years to come. Our correspondent in his late 50s lounging furtively in a beach chair (even in his 50s, as a Gay Asian man he's still careful not to be too visible) on Jomtein Beach. Hair thinned, belly has expanded. in fact he's one of those chubby little fleshy pale yellowish "Asians" who's overdone the ginseng and tiger penis soup (it's needed, so he believes, for his dribbly little member) complaining bitterly about the Farang's lowering the tone of his favourite place and nicking all his offs and upping their price - without so much as a backward glance to his correspondence of 30 years earlier.

Aunty
March 11th, 2007, 19:15
Perhaps I should just say it this way.

Youth is not a virtue and old age is not a vice-

no matter how the young may wish it otherwise.

March 11th, 2007, 19:15
How many here believe boygenious' statement about how happy he is in his 17 year relationship?

If he's so content, then why is he here posting everyday on every topic? When I'm in Thailand and find a Thai friend, then I rarely visit these forums because I am content.

I quite believe that what BG says about his relationship is true.

It is sad to think that so many of the posters on these forums who live out of Thailand appear to be incapable of sustaining a relationship in their own country and think that everyone else is in the same situation, thus their reason for visiting Thailand is simply for sex.

As for why BG visits the forums, maybe like me, he finds some of the posters amusing, others to be acting like prima-donnas and generally likes to hear what is happening on the gay scene around the Kingdom.

A lot of posters will have found BG's knowledge of Bangkok to be invauable even if it is sometimes delivered with a subtle hint of sarcasm.

March 11th, 2007, 20:09
But this whole Asian stance of controlling ones interpersonal world by putting the blinkers on and seeing only what one wants to see and the rest (if acknowledged at all) is filtered through a distancing matrix of protecting prejudice is a total fucking bore. No wonder Asian societies don't invent anything (or win Noble prizes), they're too fucking xenophobic to think outside the squareI'm an educated well-read man (you can see that from the language I use and my extensive knowledge of societies other than my own) and scientist (who doesn't know that the prizes come from a man who spelled his name "Nobel")

March 11th, 2007, 20:16

If he dies tomorrow, I will find a new lover in his thirties who actually might have something in common with me. Moron.

TrongpaiExpat
March 11th, 2007, 20:18
How many here believe dislike' statement about how happy he is in his 17 year relationship?

Never sure what to believe or not to believe here. I have never met him and know no one that has.

Let him answer the question. It's puzzling to me why anyone would post on a board and appear to despise the majority.

fedssocr
March 11th, 2007, 20:36
This place is always so entertaining.

My first impression of Pattaya was similar to that of the OP in that I too found it to be very depressing. But I think he goes a little overboard with his "fat" and "UGLY" commentary. For me what was striking was the age of the farang guys and their Thai boys who didn't look especially happy to me. Neither side did, and for the most part I'm not sure how they really could be given the obvious communication gap. I must say though in my time at the beach I didn't think the men were particularly fat or ugly. I saw one younger American guy who I thought was very cute, probably late 20s or early 30s tall and lean with a runner's build. He was there with a couple of friends who were a bit older. And I also saw an American doctor who advised me to go to the hospital when I got sick at the beach who was probably in his late 40s and quite fit and nice looking. And I certainly don't think I qualify as old yet, but I will admit that I am not the most physically attractive guy. But I like to think my sterling personality shines through. :-)

I also think that if people only go to Thailand to have sex that is pretty sad. There is a lot beauty there worth seeing that doesn't involve the inside of a bar or boys in their underwear. Not that there's anything wrong with boys in their underwear. But I was fascinated by the culture and haven't met nicer people anywhere I have been. That's largely why I will return this year. Of course I also plan to meet a boy or three for an evening of fun or a nice massage. Funnily enough even though I did find Pattaya depressing I will return this year for a couple of days. That's about all I can take. But after 10 days or so touring Isan and Cambodia I figure a couple of days at the beach will be a nice break.

March 11th, 2007, 20:41
It's puzzling to me why anyone would post on a board and appear to despise the majority.That's an extremely silly statement, TrongpaiExpat. You can see any number of posters claiming to despise the majority. Only the other day Aunty Tourette posted that
I have no desire to use such a feature, and even less of a desire to 'chat' to anyone in here.That aside, I've never been able to fathom how anyone else's relationship works (I'm sure not even those inside the relationship know oftentimes), so I'm certainly not going to speculate on boygeenyus' relationship. I find The Lad has all the arrogance and sublime confidence of the young that things go on forever and that the old have no value, while those of us who have lived longer know that that's not the case. However that's something to comes to us via experience. Don't forget that boygeenyus hasn't yet lived through the experience that's common to most of us - the death of our own parents. He' still (in that lovely expression my father - Aunty Tourette's grandfather - used so often) "wet behind the ears" ( http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/404400.html )

As for despising the majority, while I don't despise the majority of posters (only a minority are on {Ignore}), I certainly think that, by and large, their opinions are, shall we say, uninformed on many topics and I'm still content to be a minority voice. If I'm happy to go on describing myself as a bald, fat, old cunt you can be sure I don't give a damn what others say or think of me and I'll say whatever I think, irrespective of the majority. I'm a great believer in democracy tempered by the sceptical mind - Karl Popper's The open society and its enemies is an interesting yardstick for some of the opinions expressed in this Forum about various posters (myself included) whom other posters want banned. Hedda was someone who proclaimed to be a "liberal" but who wanted various people banned. Aunty is another. Both of them want a closed society when it applies to them - Hedda so much so that there have been two or three Forums founded by the person using that moniker precisely to support such insecurity

jinks
March 12th, 2007, 01:10
"wet behind the ears" http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/404400.html

Putting this link in might just whet your appetite :cheers:

March 12th, 2007, 01:39
I am Asian, I am under 30, and I am rarely short of offers for free sex in Thailand or my own country.

I like Pattaya. I love karaoke and cheap whiskey, I love them neon lights тАУ and I love the sleaze. I am happy to pay for it тАУ its fun and just easier!

It is sad when someone has no choice but to pay, but compared to not getting any at all тАУ thatтАЩs even sadder. All being well, in 30/40 years тАУ IтАЩll still be partying in Pattaya, colostomy bag and zimmer frame in hand. Who knows, my pension fund is slowly but surely building, one day I might even end up living the dreamтАж

March 12th, 2007, 02:25
I am happy to pay for it тАУ its fun and just easier! Quite right. People go on holiday for fun. I have a friend who visits and describes his trips to the go-go bars as like going to a supermarket for an enjoyable bottle of wine or other treat. The puritans amongst us get hung up on the flesh trade and project their fears about their possible futures on to the rest of us

March 12th, 2007, 03:30

If he dies tomorrow, I will find a new lover in his thirties who actually might have something in common with me. Moron.
OK, that was too easy for you.
Suppose you are age 60 and single for whatever reason.
Would you go on gaydar and look for other 60 year olds or would you be looking for YOUNGER, as are most 60 year olds. It is simple male biology, gay or not. Older men are attracted to younger. They almost always have to pay for it, in one way or another.
Are you not male?

BG, you might not find it a pretty fact of life that males are very visually oriented sexually, and younger men simply give us boners as opposed to old fat men. The fact that people and animals shit also isn't pretty. Adults learn to accept humans for the way they are. You can feel all superior to some of us, but, I sincerely doubt you are as different from us as you say you are, especially when/if you get old.

Aunty
March 12th, 2007, 04:15
It seems my stalker can't help himself. Back to his obsession and the stomping of his ruby slippers about me, Boygeenyus and Hedda. Raving and ranting in another moral panic. (Aren't we just awful??) And not a moderator in sight to delete such blatant off-topic garbage to try to bring at least some semblance of discipline and rationality to the board.

The person who is actually shutting down debate on this board IS Beryl. With this constant taking posts off-topic, injecting his raving and rantings about me after every one of my posts regardless of the topic, posters give up, they can't be bothered. (When was the last time we had some really nice stories about travels in Thailand, especially from new posters? Hmmm Elephantspike??) Gay men won't subject themselves to such insulting conduct by a demonstrably mentally ill individual. (Who incidentally has just said, I don't give a fuck what any of you think or say about me I'm going to behave here as I damn well like, and you guys can just go and get stuffed - a malignant narcissism). And the moderators' here don't give a fuck as to how much that individual is choking and poisoning their own board. Beryl should be banned, not for what he says, but because of his toxic behavior. That is not an issue of freedom of expression as Beryl tries to tart it up in to protect her posting rights, this is an issue of the bad behaviour by the mentally ill.

I certainly think that, by and large, their opinions are, shall we say, uninformed on many topics...................

Now that's the kettle calling the pot black if ever I saw it!

Michael
March 12th, 2007, 05:08
And not a moderator in sight to delete such blatant off-topic garbage to try to bring at least some semblance of discipline and rationality to the board
Oh give it a break Aunt, one of the pleasures of reading this board is that you never quite know what direction any particular thread is likely to take. The relaxed moderation allows the board's eccentric characters full freedom to use their often considerable skills in sarcasm/humour.

March 12th, 2007, 05:37
It seems my stalker ... all about me!" What an egotist Aunty is. If you set yourself up as a clown, Tourette dear, don't be surprised when people laugh at you. They laugh at all the clowns. It's nothing personal. "My stalker" is what Hedda used to call me. Ah, those were the days

March 12th, 2007, 06:26
From boygeenyus:

I have a boyfriend of 17 years who will be with me to the day we die,

Does that mean what I think it means?

Watch out boygeenyus' boyfriend - looks like if he goes first - he's a gonna take you with him

If not then
From boygeenyus:

looks like he is gonna find another guy that has something in common with him - being a Moron

Boygeenyus - just another Hedda clone without the George W Bush rhetoric

:cyclopsani:

Aunty
March 12th, 2007, 06:54
And not a moderator in sight to delete such blatant off-topic garbage to try to bring at least some semblance of discipline and rationality to the board
Oh give it a break Aunt, one of the pleasures of reading this board is that you never quite know what direction any particular thread is likely to take. The relaxed moderation allows the board's eccentric characters full freedom to use their often considerable skills in sarcasm/humour.

Yes and that relaxed moderation should not come at the expense of abuse of other members by a certain contributor who is clearly mentally ill and who has a history of inappropriate behaviour that has cost him dearly in the past.

Smiles
March 12th, 2007, 07:21
The Admin has given you a tool with which to assure you are never bothered again: the 'IGNORE' toggle switch.
As well, the good lord has given you a further tool (which is superior ~ as all the lord's works are) ... i.e. the critical faculty of "choice" to pass over the BOFC's posts, like the avenging angels did the homes of the Jews in Egypt.

Refering to a Member as 'mentally ill' simply because he has you in his intellectual sights ("intellectual" would be relative in this case, I understand) seems to me the height of wonky narcissism.

Cheers ...

March 12th, 2007, 07:50
Meaningless, recreational sex is one thing.

What I can't imagine is a 60 or 70 year old man having any kind of "relationship" with an 18 year-old. I run out of things to talk about with an 18 year-old after about ten minutes. There's no common ground whatsoever. Anyone who thinks they're in a "relationship" with a boy a quarter their age that goes beyond sex and money is just kidding themselves, and making themselves the laughing stock of all around.

Aunty
March 12th, 2007, 09:33
The Admin has given you a tool with which to assure you are never bothered again: the 'IGNORE' toggle switch.
As well, the good lord has given you a further tool (which is superior ~ as all the lord's works are) ... i.e. the critical faculty of "choice" to pass over the BOFC's posts, like the avenging angels did the homes of the Jews in Egypt.

Refering to a Member as 'mentally ill' simply because he has you in his intellectual sights ("intellectual" would be relative in this case, I understand) seems to me the height of wonky narcissism.

Cheers ...

I wouldn't expect you to know anything about the various types of mental illness that there are and their symptoms, Smiles, I mean why would you? You don't work in the Medical Research area do you?

I do.

March 12th, 2007, 12:04
.... And I, for one, will cheer the day when something happens to clean out the human trash from what could otherwise be a happy place...

Oh come on. Taking the SEX out of Pattaya is like taking the gambling out of Las Vegas. What would you have left? Certainly not the garden spot of Thailand but more like the small dirty fishing village it one was. Charming.
Take a trip to Sihanoukville if you want to get an idea of what it would be like if Pattaya was sanitized.

Its a Party Town. I usually visit it for 2 or 3 days at the end of my trips just for hoots and to catch up with friends.

catawampuscat
March 12th, 2007, 13:00
I am surprised that Aunty is letting the colonel upset him, as he certainly knows the colonel is just an old lonely
arsehole and giving Aunty or Hedda or whomever, a nasty poke in the ribs is his only pleasure in life. BG gives as well
as he receives and one just has to expect that the charmers on this forum will seize any opportunity to give a jab to their
favorites.
Calling him Beryl, seems to violate the rules of this forum and doesn't stem the flow of verbal diarrhea from this forum's
most prolific (including all handles) poster. Some people just don't like some other people and I am only surprised when
someone like smiles doesn't attack something I authored. I guess he is too busy thinking up new polls about sucking one ball
at a time or do you suck both..
With a name like Beryl, you can understand why his mind is so warped and twisted. His parents must have hated him too, to
give him such a silly name..

March 12th, 2007, 13:13

What I can't imagine is a 60 or 70 year old man having any kind of "relationship" with an 18 year-old. I run out of things to talk about with an 18 year-old after about ten minutes. There's no common ground whatsoever. Anyone who thinks they're in a "relationship" with a boy a quarter their age that goes beyond sex and money is just kidding themselves, and making themselves the laughing stock of all around.
Well, in Pattaya an 18 year old with an old guy is basically just another BOY NEXT DOOR. No big deal. You would be laughing your head off all day. I don't agree with you they two people of ANY age don't have SOMETHING to talk about. For example, whats for dinner?

March 12th, 2007, 15:51
I wouldn't expect you to know anything about the various types of mental illness that there are and their symptoms, Smiles, I mean why would you? You don't work in the Medical Research area do you? I do.I didn't want to be the first to let Forum members know this, but since Tourette has outed herself, I'm afraid it's true. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The "Mad" Scientist

March 12th, 2007, 17:56

You know on one level what this guy had to say is correct. But the strident voice of revulsion he uses to say it reveals the heart of ignorance and bigotry. I don't know what it is with young Asian guys. But this whole Asian stance of controlling ones interpersonal world by putting the blinkers on and seeing only what one wants to see and the rest (if acknowledged at all) is filtered through a distancing matrix of protecting prejudice is a total fucking bore. No wonder Asian societies don't invent anything (or win Noble prizes), they're too fucking xenophobic to think outside the square

I can just see it in the years to come. Our correspondent in his late 50s lounging furtively in a beach chair (even in his 50s, as a Gay Asian man he's still careful not to be too visible) on Jomtein Beach. Hair thinned, belly has expanded. in fact he's one of those chubby little fleshy pale yellowish "Asians" who's overdone the ginseng and tiger penis soup (it's needed, so he believes, for his dribbly little member) complaining bitterly about the Farang's lowering the tone of his favourite place and nicking all his offs and upping their price - without so much as a backward glance to his correspondence of 30 years earlier.

Oh my my my my. Right. I'm new to this forum BUT I am the author of the original post on Pattaya which I had written elsewhere. It now seems that the comments which I had made were cut and pasted. And somehow, my words have created quite a stir here. A BKK-based friend (who knew of the original post) informed me about it and I decided to drop by to have a look around. And honestly I'm quite amused at the attention and catfights it has created here. *grin*

I stand by what I say, cos those were what I observed in my short stint in Pattaya. Stayed there 2 nights. Had a terrible time on the first night, decided to give the place another shot. And well, let's just say I was not impressed. Repulsed might be too strong a word. Ok Ok. Fine. i was REPULSED. Happy???

Ahem. The reason Im here is to point out glaring factual errors in Aunty's post. For it clearly seems that she doesnt know much about Asian culture, no? A background: Asia spreads from Turkey in the West all the way to Japan in the East.
That makes Arabs, Indians, and Nepalese, Kazakhs, etc all Asians. U with me so far?

Now there have been numerous Asian inventions and if they had history lessons during the reign of Queen Victoria, Aunty might have learnt a thing or two rather than trying to play the trollop by flashing her ankles at the pageboys. But I digress.

Notable Asian inventions: paper, the printing press, noodles/ spaghetti, algebra, and lots more! Yes! Do I hear a gasp of surprise?

And whaddya know. There have been Asians who HAVE WON NoBEL prizes (Spelling, Aunty, tsk) . BTW, There are many categories in the NoBEL prize : physics, chemistry, literature, peace, and physiology or medicine.

A check on Wikipeida shows:

Nobel Prize in Chemistry
Ahmed Zewail, 1999

Nobel Prize in Literature
Naguib Mahfouz, 1988
Orhan Pamuk, 2006

Nobel Peace Prize
Anwar El-Sadat, 1978
Yasser Arafat, 1994
Shirin Ebadi, 2003
Mohamed ElBaradei, 2005
Muhammad Yunus, 2006

Nobel Prize in Physics
Abdus Salam, 1979

And closer to home, for me, at least:

there's Aung San Suu Kyi who won the NoBEL peace Prize in 1991.

And the phrase is "thinking outside the BOX." not SQUARE.

Perhaps, its you Aunty who's xenophobic and is walking around with blinkers to make such glaring factual inaccuracies. To even think that people living in a whole continent are unfit to even receive a measly NoBEL prize and (Gasp!) invent nothing!

From your post, I have a feeling through your comments like: I have "yellow" skin, consume "tiger's penis" "ginseng" etc. You think I'm Chinese. Nope! I'm not. Im actually of Southeast Asian descent. And yes. Am actually a brown-skinned kinda bloke!

Anyway. Back to Pattaya. I hated that place. Its horrible to be mistaken for a boy-whore, when you are at a bar trying to mind your own business. Its horrible being groped at by fat hideous things in the clubs when you just wanna be by yourself. (Trust me this happened so many times in my 2 nites there, I lost count) Its horrible to have men you have absolutely no interest in trying to chat you up while speaking pidgin English. Its horrible being stopped in the street by hideous men asking you how much you cost.

Pattaya's a skanky sad, squalid place. Ugh.

Aunty
March 12th, 2007, 18:27
Pattaya's a skanky sad, squalid place. Ugh.

And you strike me as a skanky sad squalid little boy. With a hostile attitude like yours, I'm not surprised you found Pattaya an unhappy place. It was holding a mirror up to you my dear.

By the way, thanks for the list of Nobel Laureates. It serves as a very good reminder of the intellectual contribution Arabs and others from the Middle East have made to modern life. You'll note however that not one of them is Asian (I'm excluding the Peace Prize which is not awarded for ground breaking discovery) - my definition of the word which, where I come from, is a term that excludes everything and everybody West of Dhaka.

Now answer my assertion against you. Are you or are you not a fat-phobic bigoted ageist?

Aunty
March 12th, 2007, 18:53
I didn't want to be the first to let Forum members know this, but since Tourette has outed herself, I'm afraid it's true. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The "Mad" Scientist

Have you ever consulted a competent psychiatrist for your problems, Beryl? Your avoidance of addressing any of the specific matters I raise about you is very telling you know. :cheers:

March 12th, 2007, 18:54
Now answer my assertion against you. Are you or are you not a fat-phobic bigoted ageist?Speaking, of course, as an educated, well read man who specializes in name-calling :bounce:

Aunty
March 12th, 2007, 19:04
Now answer my assertion against you. Are you or are you not a fat-phobic bigoted ageist?Speaking, of course, as an educated, well read man who specializes in name-calling :bounce:

And you don't? You ARE loosing it.

March 12th, 2007, 19:10
I see Tourette has been kind enough to post excerpts from a varied curriculum vitae at her Blog - Aunty's Mensa Moments - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=338 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog_entry.php?e=338)

March 12th, 2007, 21:33
Now answer my assertion against you. Are you or are you not a fat-phobic bigoted ageist?

Dear Aunty. You are at least 30 years older than I. But I do find your behaviour rather appalling. Im not answerable to you, or anybody else. Thus, I decline to answer yr query.

Rather than resorting to a never ending battle of words in this forum. I will kindly withdraw. This shall be my last post here. Play nice, boys.I stand by what Ive said, no regrets.

-exeunt-

Smiles
March 12th, 2007, 22:19
" ... Some people just don't like some other people and I am only surprised when someone like smiles doesn't attack something I authored ... "
Gimme time, gimme time.

You call that "authoring"? Sweetheart, that's not authoring, it's typing.

" ... Its horrible being groped at by fat hideous things in the clubs when you just wanna be by yourself. (Trust me this happened so many times in my 2 nites there, I lost count) Its horrible to have men you have absolutely no interest in trying to chat you up while speaking pidgin English. Its horrible being stopped in the street by hideous men asking you how much you cost ... "
So Bratt, I see you've met Catwampuscat.

Cheers ...

March 13th, 2007, 00:50
Poster's name. Patronizing, sneering comments in response to posts disagreeing with the original poster. Demands for the Moderators to "do something" about anyone who makes jokes about the poster. Ad hominem attacks. Name-calling. Accusations of mental illness. Five letters. Two vowels. Doesn't start with "a"

Entirely unrelated (of course) - in the play Hedda Gabler there's a character called Aunty Juju

March 13th, 2007, 01:21
Our money certainly doesn't buy love from Thai boys, although they do lie deliciously well. For a while. The lies cannot be kept up for long, and the behaviour deteriorates rapidly once they feel they have you firmly hooked.

Oh, is this the same Tricked Rich who only a few months ago was so full of hope in his newfound love and matrimony? What happened, m'dear, bank account ran dry? Did your Civil Partner run off with the geezer next door with a big pension and one foot in Death's door?

March 13th, 2007, 01:25
But this whole Asian stance of controlling ones interpersonal world by putting the blinkers on and seeing only what one wants to see and the rest (if acknowledged at all) is filtered through a distancing matrix of protecting prejudice is a total fucking bore. No wonder Asian societies don't invent anything (or win Noble prizes), they're too fucking xenophobic to think outside the square.

Yet losers like you so desperately crave their arse and approval. What's the alternative, m'dear, sheep?

March 13th, 2007, 01:36

The really smart ones never ask; they make you think it's your idea.

How many times have you had to insist that a boy take something from you because he had exaggeratedly refused to accept your gift ("I'm too krengjai to accept, you've done so much for me") and somehow or other the gift always ends up in the boy's pocket? Suckers.

March 13th, 2007, 01:44

Pithy, hard-hitting, cruel even. But true, very, very true.

March 13th, 2007, 03:39
The original post, cut and pasted from another forum, just about hit the nail squarely on the head. Now before any of you give me a bunch of crap for agreeing with the posters description I will state that I have been to Pattaya many times, have enjoyed my visits, take it in small doses, and will return now and then to do it again. There is nothing nice about the beach at Jomtien except the scenery of some nice looking thais. As beachs go you could find better just about anyplace so this is indeed not a great destination just for the beach. The bar scene is intense and there is no doubt about that. There is little in the way of "gay" bars where on can just go for a drink and not be surrounded by hustlers. In fact Pattaya is pretty much as described as a open air whore house. Nothing wrong with that and you Pattaya defenders should not be offended as that is probably why you go there in the first place. Understanding how the original poster, an asian, came to his conclusion is quite easy. Sure there are farangs of all ages but the majority are older and not in the best shape (you will not see me describing any as old, fat, and ugly). It seems the problem to me is that these farangs with whom the poster came in contact have somehow come to assume, probably from their surroundings, that any younger asian male in Pattaya is a whore. WRONG! It also is indicative of the way so many of these same farang treat the real asian whores. It is one of superiority over inferiority. The observations of the original post were his, no more and no less, from his perspective. Does every visitor to Pattaya or everyone that lives in Pattaya fit into this observation, certainly not. But if you look around long enough or just sit and observe the goings on you will see enough of it to see that such observations carry some degree of truch. It is just that there are a lot of expats and visitors that are "over the top" when in Pattaya and I am in no way saying people should not have their fun but even I have seen some pretty outrageous behavior on the part of farangs. Sorry but maybe he just stated what he saw. As usual the posting have taken us all over the sprectrum but that's what makes this board entertaining. God if the posters didn't bitch at each other it would be a pretty boring place to visit.

I believe I know the original poster so I will just say this, he is somewhat opinionated and says what he thinks (so what's new here), usually in a quite clever way. He is really been a very nice guy in the correspondence I have had with him and he as a very good grasp of many subjects that would be of interest here. He should not be taken for granted and quite honestly it is too bad he does not post here as it would surely liven up the place some. He has a much better perspective of the gay scene around southeast asia from a youthful viewpoint. He would be a real match for BG, and some of the others here who see themselves as experts on everything.

BG, you really have a lot to learn about life. If you think for one minute that everything in life should always fit into the nice self styled molds you have made, you had better think again. Sometimes "shit happens". You have made your views quite will known on a number of subjects, some I may agree with, others I may not. But, I can guarantee you that over the course of your life your perspective on many subjects will change so don't be too hard on those who lives or lifestyles don't fit into your mold. You may find yourself thinking differently in later years, I did. Additionally, I really do wish you all the luck in the world maintaining your relationship over the course of your life. If you are lucky enough to achieve that, you do indeed have something in which you can truely proud. But be kind to others who have not been so lucky as many of us have tried and failed for one reason or another. Don't be too smug about your success as you never know what the future holds.

March 13th, 2007, 04:05
Understanding how the original poster, an asian, came to his conclusion is quite easy. Sure there are farangs of all ages but the majority are older and not in the best shape (you will not see me describing any as old, fat, and ugly). It seems the problem to me is that these farangs with whom the poster came in contact have somehow come to assume, probably from their surroundings, that any younger asian male in Pattaya is a whore. WRONG!

WRONG, you nitwit! The sad farangs you see in Thailand have forgotten or choose to forget that they are consistently PAYING for it. They are under the delusion that financially-needy boys a quarter their age are really in love with them. Having lived in this state of make-me-believe for too long in Pattaya, these albino losers start to think all young Asians are into them - yukk! These pathetic fatsos can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality anymore.

And speaking of pathetic fatsos, what's with the red tank top and shades? You look like a Beverly Hills science project.

March 13th, 2007, 18:26
Could be you someday.

March 14th, 2007, 00:07
Thank you :-)From http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... hp?t=10923 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10923)

I suspect my niece thinks that ES' action refers to me - it doesn't. The poster whose scribbles were deleted was Tourette's second cousin once removed on her father's (the Under Footman's) side - Sybil Thrope

jinks
March 14th, 2007, 00:49
Post to fix a fault

elephantspike
March 15th, 2007, 04:24
Right, if you're thinking what I'm thinkng:

When I deleted Thrope's posts from the database, his reply on this thread was the begining of page 5, and the pagination linki to page 5 is still there, but it links to a non-existant page, which is why it got bumped to the end of the thread list. In order of the most recently replied to thread to the least recently replied to thread, this one became a thread inwhich it's last reply was "never", or "0", where in the ordinary list, the last one would have a value of "1". Interesting. for some reason, though, even after several replies, It won't seem to add a fifth page again, it just keeps stretching the fourth page longer. I'm not sure why.

elephantspike
March 15th, 2007, 04:31
Board is set to 15 posts per page. Thrope must have had more than one post on this thread, so the deletion caused it to shrink off of the fifth page. My last post brings the number of posts on page 4 up to 15, so if I'm correct, this should make the pge five link work again:

Here goes.........

elephantspike
March 15th, 2007, 04:32
Yup. Just as I thought. am I a fart smellow or what? :geek:

Carry on......

Aunty
March 15th, 2007, 09:10
Thank you :-)From http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... hp?t=10923 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10923)

I suspect my niece thinks that ES' action refers to me - it doesn't. The poster whose scribbles were deleted was Tourette's second cousin once removed on her father's (the Under Footman's) side - Sybil Thrope

Not at all, I was actually thanking Elephantspike for finally showing some balls and taking control of his site (And remember, Beryl, Sawatdee Gay Thailand belongs to him, not you). However, given that Miss Sybil Twat was one of the numerous names that you use to carry out the abuse of other members of this board, you should take it as a very clear warning that there are limits to your abusive and irrational behaviour.

In future, I'd stay off the sauce if I were you. There's little more unpleasant than an angry ranting drunk.

By the way here's a trivial pursuit question for you, which no doubt, you'll be very adept at answering. What was the topic of the Hollywood movie 'Sybil' all about? Presumably that was the reason you chose the name?

lonelywombat
March 15th, 2007, 10:20
[

However, given that Miss Sybil Twat was one of the numerous names that you use to carry out the abuse of other members of this board, you should take it as a very clear warning that there are limits to your abusive and irrational behaviour.

Maybe Aunty knows more than I do, everyone else does, but I feel that Miss Thrope is our Mother Teresa from Chiang Rai Yimsuai Compare the bittter twisted and abusive posts from Yimsuai in the past and you will see what I mean

March 15th, 2007, 16:51
... Tourette is getting the various members of her family confused. This is another trait shared with Hedda (there are so many, aren't there)