PDA

View Full Version : Immigration crackdown as Police hunt for foreign тАЬmafiaтАЭ ???

lonelywombat
March 10th, 2007, 05:18
pattayacitynews.net
on friday printed this . there are also several photos, not very clear.
The other thread seems to have lost its way.

Acting on orders from the Immigration Office in Bangkok, Police Colonel Itipon, the Chief of PattayaтАЩs Immigration Bureau led an operation in conjunction with the Labor Department and Social Welfare Department. The Immigration Officers visited a number of areas including Soi Yodsak and Soi LK Metro. We understand that they were on the lookout for foreign individuals that may be residing in Thailand illegally and made many passport checks during the operation. One man was arrested for failing to produce his original passport when requested by the officers. Bar licenses and the presence of underage workers were also checked and a total of 3 male employees under the age of 18 were discovered inside The GentlemanтАЩs Club in Soi Pattayaland 1, South Pattaya. We expect this Immigration Police Operation to continue and suggest that all foreigners should carry their original passport with them at all times.

March 10th, 2007, 12:53
Thank-you lonely wombat, I always do now, at least one of them. Often you have to show some form of identity to get into clubs, and "bars" too I suppose. Mostly it's to prove your age. I have been refused entry once or twice because I never had ID.