PDA

View Full Version : Police cracking down on others too!

March 9th, 2007, 20:06
Police round up 53 alleged sex offenders

Samut Prakan _ A total of 53 suspected sex offenders were arrested yesterday, the first day of a campaign by Police Region 1 to capture the more than 1,000 alleged sex criminals still at large within its jurisdiction.

The region 1 provinces with high concentrations of industry are Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi and Pathum Thani, which are adjacent to Bangkok.

Pol Maj-Gen Wut Liptapanlop, deputy chief of Police Region 1, expected at least 200 suspects would be caught in the next two months.

Wongkot Maneerin, director of the Centre for the Protection of Children, Youth and Women under the Royal Thai Police Office, hailed the single-day arrests in Samut Prakan.

He said other police regions would embark on a similar campaign.

Pol Gen Wongkot said a list of rape victims, including children, had been compiled, along with a list of criminal networks involved in the sex trade.

The assets of those found guilty of gaining financially from sex-related businesses would be seized.

Full report here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/09Mar2007_news18.php

March 9th, 2007, 20:09
Music to my ears.

March 10th, 2007, 04:39
The police have been talled to do a good job otherwise the special squad will drop in.

In Udon Thani and Nong Khai they are busy too. I've got the same information from Pitsanoluke, Surat Thani and Khon Kaen.

Senior police officers rotate at least any two years to another province. If they do not work well, Pattani and Yala do always have some jobs vacant.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 10th, 2007, 04:44
I have a bridge in Brooklyn going very cheaply you may be interested in. :cheers: