PDA

View Full Version : Extension on Arrival??

Doug
March 8th, 2007, 08:27
Later this month I'm arriving in Thailand with a 60 day tourist visa. Unfortunately, due to flight schedules and my desire to be in Thailand as long as possible, I will be in the kingdom for 61 days.

Will the passport control officer be understanding and mark my exit slip for one extra day. Or will I have to pay 1900 baht at Pattaya immigration for that one day?

Anyone with similar experience to advise me. I really don't want to take a chance on an overstay.

March 8th, 2007, 08:30
Don't worry about it. You won't be fined for a one day overstay.

March 8th, 2007, 13:55
Immigration will stamp your visa on entry and give you are permitted stamp in your passport and TM card. Check your stamp at the TM card carefully.

You might probably find out, that you're not one but two days short if you need to stay 61 days in Thailand.

But even so, if you're leaving the kingdom and immigration is payment for overstaying your visa, you can do it directly at the airport. Immigration can charge you 500 TBT for any single day overstay. The procedure will be done at a different counter next to immigration exit line and takes just a very few minutes.

March 8th, 2007, 14:48
They won't give you any extra days on arrival. Don't even ask.

anakot
March 8th, 2007, 15:28
Just a warning to check that you have been given your 60 days and not just the (mostly) routine 30. A few years back I fronted up with a 60 day visa but in a long queue of farang all being given 30, I was given 30 days too. Didn't discover it until in the taxi on way to hotel.

No great drama but it meant I had to go to immigration in Lumphini to the 'Wrong Stamp Office' upstairs somewhere. It took all of five minutes to have it altered. I always pay close attention these days

Anakot

March 8th, 2007, 15:53
Just a warning to check that you have been given your 60 days and not just the (mostly) routine 30. A few years back I fronted up with a 60 day visa but in a long queue of farang all being given 30, I was given 30 days too. Didn't discover it until in the taxi on way to hotel.

No great drama but it meant I had to go to immigration in Lumphini to the 'Wrong Stamp Office' upstairs somewhere. It took all of five minutes to have it altered. I always pay close attention these days

Anakot

Yes, you're right. Therefore it is the best to open the passport and show the visa directly to the officer, especially if your passsport is very well used.

Just in case, there is only one Immigration bureau in Bangkok at
507 Soi Suan Plu, off Sathorn Tai Road Bangkok 10120
and office hours are: mon-fri 9-12 h, 13-16.30 h or sat 9-12 h