View Full Version : Jomtien Music Festival

thrillbill
March 5th, 2007, 09:46
I went to the Jomtien Music Festival Sunday night and I thought it had a good variety of music. The various restaurants from or near the complex had "stalls" where they sold food --each with their own specialty. There were plenty of good looking waiters to pour you a glass of cold beer or wine. Though the place wasn't packed, hope there is another music festival held there. (too bad it can't be held on one of the sois there inside of the complex where the restaurants are). Yes, I thought the entrance fee could have been lowered a bit.

March 5th, 2007, 11:56
Everyone that attended the Jomtien Music Festival seem to really enjoy it. We did not get the crowds we had wanted, but this was made up by some excellent food provided by the restaurants of the Jomtien Gay Community and the music.

The music started off with the Roberto Flamenco who ended up doing another spot later on and were fantastic. Roberto is from Southern Thailand had just released his first album called "Uno".The Teddy Bear jazz band were pretty well received and soothed a few with their George Benson number in their first spot, with more lively pop later on in the evening.
The Bluesbrakers were great as well, with their afternoon session which featured Gregg on the harmonica, and guest star appearances from the Snowman of the Blues Factory and Len Tuckey (20 years with the Suzi Quattro band) who happened to be in town. The later session featured George and his great and deep voice, with the band's fantastic saxophone player.

Lastly, the Isaan band came to raptures from all the locals, and many of the them and farangs were dancing in front of the stage for a great finale of shows and sounds form the Northeast.

Overall an excellent night out for everyone who came.

March 5th, 2007, 14:59
Pics now live on my site and report in http://www.pgweeklyreport.com out online Wednesday.

--------------------
Brian - Boxer
http://www.boxertravels.net