PDA

View Full Version : The Bondi Guest house

Jetsam
February 1st, 2006, 02:38
Anyone ever stayed at the Bondi guest house in Jomtien? and if so , how was it? it look promising and I am sure I will feel at home because they even have a coffee shop , we have a lot of them too over here in Amsterdam :hippy2: . I'm not really sure what the term guest house mean, is that without room service? the website not really tells. Ok there is no swimming pool but as you can see in this picture the water park is in the backyard, so that's not really a problem

http://www.thebondipattaya.com/hotel-front2.jpg

any experiences, good or bad?

http://www.thebondipattaya.com/

February 1st, 2006, 03:00
I've had a friend from Canada staying there for a few weeks who had to return home suddenly for business but he was very happy with the place and settling in for 3 months.

Certainly couldn't complain about the price.

Jetsam
February 1st, 2006, 03:16
Certainly couldn't complain about the price.

I won't :clown:

thanks Pearl, that's a 100% satisfaction rate so far.

February 1st, 2006, 03:28
This is a relatively new place,I think opened Aug /Sept 05?
Apparently they have a good bar downstairs.Rooms are a bit pricey.
I know some of the posters have stayed there.

colmx
February 1st, 2006, 04:13
Ronan-The-Barbarian from this forum stayed there in November/December this year.... I think he was very satisfied with the accomodation...

Ronan?

Smiles
February 1st, 2006, 04:44
I know it's risky going by photographs on a hotel website, but the Bondi's rooms look very comfy. And the price of 950 bht for a 2-room suite (in off-season) seems quite reasonable.
Might give it a try in April.

Cheers ...

RonanTheBarbarian
February 1st, 2006, 05:16
I was definitely satisfied with my stay. The rooms were a bit spare, but everything was clean, and comfortable. I thought the situation was good, it was about five mins to the gay beach, and the main road to Pattaya town was just at the end of the street - i had no difficulty getting a baht bus to Pattaya town in a minute or two from there.

The owners were friendly, and obviously wanted to make an effort to keep the place well.

They seem to prefer if you make the booking over the internet rather than over the phone.

If i was booking it again, i would try to get one of the rooms at the side of the building, with windows on the side as well as the end of the room, as my room, which only a window at the end of the room beside the bed, was a bit dark at the other end. This meant that the sitting area was a bit gloomy. Didnt bother me, as i did not spend any of the daytime in the room, but if you like hanging about the room during the day, you might like a room with more light.

sing_lofty_sing
February 1st, 2006, 05:59
Looks a nice place. Looked at the rooms last year and they seemed ok. However i tend to favour the city more as my stay is normaly 2 weeks or less. Like to be with the action :bom:

February 1st, 2006, 07:49
I have also stayed there and would agree with Ronan's assessment. You definitely get a lot of space for your 950 baht. The only thing you might want to watch out for, if you like to sleep early, is the noise from the bar below. I rather enjoyed being serenaded to sleep, but if you're a sensitive soul and want to sleep before 1 am or so, it might be a problem - though perhaps not on the top floor?

Dodger
February 1st, 2006, 08:38
I met two visiting farangs one night while shooting a game of pool at Exxit who were staying at Bondi. Both seemed impressed with the spaceousness of the rooms for the price and spoke highly of the management.

The location's great...a few steps away from Two Faces who serve a very nice breakfast, the Thai Blind Institude Massage, a fairly new internet shop, easy access to Song Taews/motorbikes to PTY...and all within a stones throw of Rits.

Jetsam
February 1st, 2006, 14:13
Thanks guys, I think I will go for it . I like to try new accomodations every trip.

February 3rd, 2006, 10:03
Well I am staying there right now. I have one of the 'cheaper' rooms and it is very spacious (basically one sitting room and one bedroom) if not a little sparse when it comes to furniture. The friendliness of the management (Colin & Malcolm) is only outdone by the friendliness of the staff. The main selling point for me is the bar, it is a large open area with with lots of tables and comfy whicker seating looking out into the street. It is open from around 10.00am to gone 1.00am and from mid evening you will be serenaded by fairly talented musicians. I do recommend getting to the bar early in the evening because, although a large bar, it does tend to fill up and the best seats get taken. As for thoise who prefer staying 'in town', I must say that a 10 minute bus baht ride at a cost of 10 baht is not too havy a price to pay for relatively cheap and spacious accommodation by the beach.

February 3rd, 2006, 10:25
Just along from Bondi is Two Faces. I know that Bondi has good rooms as friends have been very happy there and echo fatman's comments. I just wondered what Two Faces might be like as it is about the same price and location. I did see their rooms before they moved and they were very nice. Mind you not everyone likes to enter through a host bar?

There seems to be a difference between a host bar with boys lying around and touting in the street and one like Bondi where the waiters can be offed?

February 3rd, 2006, 11:25
Sounds a good vibrant sort of place.

Smiles
February 9th, 2006, 00:11
We've booked a suite at The Bondi in April specifically because of the praiseworthy comments on this thread.
The owner should know about this Board and it's worth as an advertising vehicle.

Interesting hotel . . . it has it's website which includes a booking form, but it's not set up to receive credit card down payments. At first I thought I was missing something and emailed the Manager as to how to put some cash down (besides giving my CC number directly by email, which I will never do). He wrote back very promptly and said not to worry about it, just a few days notice of change of plans would be appreciated.
No problem with that, in light of the faith he has shown to his customers.

Just so everyone knows, it looks like a cash or traveller's check-only Hotel, as The Bondi does not do the VISA or MC schtick.

Cheers ...

February 9th, 2006, 07:42
It seems to take forever for a new business to get credt card facilities in Thailand. Lux'or restaurant are still awaiting theirs as well.

February 9th, 2006, 09:26
DELETED

February 9th, 2006, 10:49
While I have got you John,can you tell me what you do if someone wanted to hire your car to go to Chiang MAI one way?

February 9th, 2006, 11:08
DELETED

February 9th, 2006, 11:21
Well there I was ,driving home from this morning thinking what do car rental companies do if you want one way only,say pattaya to BKK .
I remember in JULY 2004 i rented a BUDGET car went from Chiang Mai to RAi and mae hong son.BUDGET were very good,but wanted me to bring the car back.I plan to drive to Rayong next trip so Johnny if your not in business in about MAY ,hopefully you can reccomend me someone else.