PDA

View Full Version : Eclipses - Lunar tomorrow, solar on 19th, forboding signs

March 3rd, 2007, 17:16
Eclipses 'bode chaos, conflict'

MANIT SANUBBOON

Stargazers are delighted that both lunar and solar eclipses will be visible nationwide this month, but a leading fortune teller has warned that this rare phenomenon will bring about political chaos, pitting the people against the government. Voravit Tanvuthibundit, of the Thai Astronomical Society, said a total lunar eclipse will be visible throughout the country early tomorrow morning.

A portion of the moon will start passing through the Earth's shadow, cast by the Sun, at 3.16am local time. The total eclipse will occur at 4.30am, he said.

He also said there would be a partial solar eclipse in Thailand on March 19 beginning at 7am. The phenomenon will be visible in all regions, except the far South of the country, he said.

Boonlert Pairin, a former Chachoengsao senator and keen astrologer, warned that the eclipses were a foreboding sign.

The lunar eclipse tells about the fate of the people, while a solar eclipse shows the fate of the government leaders, and the two events occurring in the same month will have a major influence on the people and the government, he said.

There would be political chaos and conflicts in society between March and April this year, he warned.

He also predicted mass political demonstrations and trouble in the government, which could be faced with a ''dead end'' in its efforts to solve the problems in the country. The astrologer said a cabinet reshuffle could not solve the problems, which would spark a public outcry.

Bangkok Post

March 4th, 2007, 03:51
Thaksin must be choking on his moon cakes reading this!

Smiles
March 4th, 2007, 07:09
" ... Boonlert Pairin, a former Chachoengsao senator and keen astrologer, warned that the eclipses were a foreboding sign.
The lunar eclipse tells about the fate of the people, while a solar eclipse shows the fate of the government leaders, and the two events occurring in the same month will have a major influence on the people and the government, he said. There would be political chaos and conflicts in society between March and April this year, he warned ... "
What a joy it is to see that some governments use such arcane and supersticious portents as their guiding lights in making policy.
A true breath of fresh air when compared to the logic, wise counsel, and tactical awareness and sophistication employed by more western leaders . . . George W Bush & Co. for instance ... in Iraq for example.

Cheers ...

March 4th, 2007, 07:29
As I recall (and I think I started a thread on it but I can't be bothered going looking) the coup leaders trotted off to Chiang Mai to see a local witch doctor to be purged of the bad luck occasioned by staging a coup. It seems to have done them as much good as Lady Diana's consulting astrologers did her