PDA

View Full Version : We'll be offline tomorrow while we update the software....

elephantspike
March 3rd, 2007, 15:08
Finally!

I've got all the software updates done and I just need to put them online.

I need to take the existing board offline while I install the new one this afternoon around noontime(EST).

Taking it down is just so we don't loose any posts made durring the transition, really.
I expect it to be back up by 4pm(EST).

Don't expect any glaring changes, though, It's just the latest version of the phpbb software which is supposed to make it more secure.
I also fixed the bug in the redirect when you post PMs.

This url will bring you to a page with our header on it and a link to the ezboard while I switch to the new version.

Thanks for your patience.

elephantspike
March 4th, 2007, 03:22
OK, Done.

elephantspike
March 4th, 2007, 03:23
Hey, is it my imagination, or is this 10 times faster now?

March 4th, 2007, 03:41
Hey, is it my imagination, or is this 10 times faster now?

It does seem faster to me also. good job!

Smiles
March 4th, 2007, 03:42
Welcome back!!

Yep, probably your imagination. The Board was always speedy for me (in general), so I can't really see much difference.
But glad it's back and looking unscathed by the trauma.

And a big "thank you" for all the unpaid ~ and rarely acknowledged ~ work.

Cheers ...

March 4th, 2007, 07:40
I'm still getting an "Invalid message" message when I post some messages (but not others). I tried ES' suggestion from a few weeks ago - use {Preview} then {Submit} and that seems to be a workaround

Smiles
March 4th, 2007, 07:45
Perhaps even The Board itself perceives you as just another F.B.O.C. and has ~ in it's wisdom ~ decided to ignore you.
A reasonable solution I would think.

Cheers ...

March 4th, 2007, 08:18
Perhaps even The Board itself perceives you as just another F.B.O.C. and has ~ in it's wisdom ~ decided to ignore you. A reasonable solution I would think.Clearly you are not following your own advice, else you would already have me on {Ignore}

elephantspike
March 4th, 2007, 11:42
You may need to delete your cookies and cache to fix the problem, Homintern. I needed to reset the cookies when I edited the files on my home PC.

Smiles
March 4th, 2007, 23:28
Perhaps even The Board itself perceives you as just another F.B.O.C. and has ~ in it's wisdom ~ decided to ignore you. A reasonable solution I would think.Clearly you are not following your own advice, else you would already have me on {Ignore}
... not on ignore I guess because I'm not all that reasonable most of the time. I also hardly ever follow my own advice.
Anyway, you've got a nice ass (I spied you behind some bushes in Lumphini Park late one rainy night when I got lost and turned left leaving the Muay Thai arena), which makes up for a lot of very serious faults.

Cheers ...