PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment venues given new stricter licensing rules

March 3rd, 2007, 03:49
At the Alcazar Theater in North Pattaya, a meeting was held attended by operators of local bar and other late night entertainment venues here in Pattaya. Khun Komsan, the Deputy Governor of Chonburi chaired the meeting which detailed new licensing regulations. Over 500 business operators attended the meeting which set-out the current licensing laws which must be adhered to. Discussions relating to the responsibility of bar owners relating to drug use and underage workers and patrons also took place. It is expected that over the coming months a major bar crackdown will take place to ensure that the rules are being followed. Strict penalties including substantial fines and even revocation of licenses will be imposed to those not conforming to the regulations.

March 3rd, 2007, 06:35
In what ways are these new and stricter rules? They are the current rules and owners were presumably being reminded that if they don't adhere to existing rules an new, stricter policing practice would catch them out. The article doesn't mention any changes to rules at all, does it?

March 3rd, 2007, 06:51
I see Police colonels getting lots of late night calls demanding refunds.

March 3rd, 2007, 07:44
I see Police colonels getting lots of late night calls demanding refunds.Indeed. I wonder how many posters realise that Thailand is pretty much run by organised crime - a lot of it in uniform. Stand by for a boygeenyus outburst - some of his best friends are policemen

TrongpaiExpat
March 3rd, 2007, 10:24
TTom, I know your intentions are honorable but you really need to put these cut and paste's in quotations and/or provide a link to the source. Unless, of course, you were at this meeting in person. Refer to our King of the cut and paste, wowpow, for an example.