PDA

View Full Version : Vincents 7 Rooms

March 3rd, 2007, 00:19
Has anyone stayed at Vincents 7 Rooms? If so did you enjoy your stay?

March 3rd, 2007, 01:46
Actually I didn’t. I’ve been there several times and it was always fully booked. And nobody wanted to leave. No wonder, since room rates are very attractive for what you’ll get.

To me it looked very nice. And Supervisor did check the website ( www.vincentsbangkok.com (http://www.vincentsbangkok.com) ) and was very disappointed that we couldn’t get any one of the nice rooms. He liked the friendly and welcoming staff, the good rooms (we could look into two), the nice setting and, as always taking care of cash as a good Isaan farmer ned to do, the price.

This address survived many changes during the past years. Before it became Vincents it was Stud Sauna.

The location is nice, just fronting the Pinnacle Lumphini Hotel and having he Malaysia Hotel next door. Rooms are mostly located at a court yard. Therefore there not much noise from the busy road was heard.

Metro station is just around the corner on Rama 4 and there is not even a 10 min walking distance to Sala Deaeng, Silom Soi 2 or Suriwongse Road with all the Boy bars or Babylon on the other side.

Up2U
March 3rd, 2007, 05:06
.... and there is not even a 10 min walking distance to Sala Deaeng, Silom Soi 2 or Suriwongse Road with all the Boy bars ......

Only if you are sprinter.

TrongpaiExpat
March 3rd, 2007, 10:46
.... and there is not even a 10 min walking distance to Sala Deaeng, Silom Soi 2 or Suriwongse Road with all the Boy bars ......

You have to be a sprinter to cross the multi lane Sathorn Road at Rama 4 along with nerves of steel.

March 3rd, 2007, 14:00

You have to be a sprinter to cross the multi lane Sathorn Road at Rama 4 along with nerves of steel.

Sorry, I've never ever had a problem with crossing any road in Bangkok or somewhere else in Thailand.

March 3rd, 2007, 14:04

I need to wait several years before I can successfully apply for old age pension.

The distance from Ngam Dhupli to Sala Deang is about 1 km … and about 500 m further to Surinwong Road. ..

March 3rd, 2007, 14:15
We stayed there 3 times since last year and really enjoyed it - really nice rooms, including free high speed internet access if you have your own laptop. The pricing is also really competitive (a bargain really!), but as earlier posts mentioned, because there are only 7 rooms, you have to be really lucky to get in on the dates you want. Great place though!

If you are a light sleeper make sure you get the rooms at the back of the building overlooking the courtyard.

March 4th, 2007, 03:49

or any road for that matter after a few beers lol, i always look for the bridge over!

yaraboy
March 4th, 2007, 06:14
I happen to be staying there now.............Agree with earlier posters, however apart from difficulty in obtaining room other disadvantage is street noise. traffic on Soi Ngam Dupli..specifically tuk tuks at 4 in the morning. So if you are a light sleeper........Vincents is not advised

March 4th, 2007, 10:20
Are there any quiet, inexpensive rooms in Bangkok? There seem to be tuk tuks and mortorcycles everywhere at all hours.

March 4th, 2007, 22:45
Are there any quiet, inexpensive rooms in Bangkok? There seem to be tuk tuks and mortorcycles everywhere at all hours.

Aquarius Guest house. Set in a residential area. Extensive gardens around swallow any noises. Rooms are around 1000 TBT per night. It's pretty informal and friendly. Food is good, drinks are inexpensive. Khun Vichai is a lovely, welcoming host.

Location is just behind Sathon Nua Road, off Sanam Phlu and therefore very central.

More details: www.aquariushouse.com (http://www.aquariushouse.com)