PDA

View Full Version : BBB Innn Bangkok

December 28th, 2005, 09:37
Speaking of hotel rooms in BKK,why is it everyone stays in other hotels,when we have the famous BBB inn,just around the cnr from the action. WWW.THAIBOY.NET (http://WWW.THAIBOY.NET) '
At 1200 b a night not bad,in Rama 1v rd,

December 28th, 2005, 18:12
Just thought I would throw my two cents in about BBB Inn.

It is basically a short time hotel. I stayed there once and never again. They charge 1200 Baht for a 500 Baht room.

Another very decent and gay friendly place to consider is the Residence Inn, further down on Suriwongse, across from the Plaza Hotel.

December 28th, 2005, 19:03
http://www.laresidencebangkok.com/about.htm

Friends speak highly of this place and it;s location.

December 28th, 2005, 19:59
Does anyone know if La Residence Inn charges a joiner fee? It sure looks nice by the website.

December 29th, 2005, 02:50
Does anyone know if La Residence Inn charges a joiner fee? It sure looks nice by the website.

From their website, they have single, double rooms and suits. I would just book double room if I think there is a chance I might bring in a joiner.
From their pictures, the single rooms are simply too small for 2 people anyway.

December 29th, 2005, 03:06
I found the rooms at the BBB INN great.Why would anyone pay 2400 b a night for a room?

December 29th, 2005, 18:11
I agree with ms sydney re the BBB. Thare are less expensive places but there is nowhere so convenient for the centre of the gay scene in Bangkok. It actually takes three minutes slow stroll to get from there to Dick's Cafe which is, I think, the epicentre and a good kickoff place whereby you can sit and observe first, and get your bearings. Although the lads in BBB are available it seems they do not push at all. The hotel is efficient. They respond to email bookings promptly and you get sage advice there. There is also Internet availability in some rooms and on line in the bar area. I did not try their food. Also it is very easy to navigate your taxi driver from the airport who has never heard of the place... just head for the Dusit Thani (he'll know that, unless he is literally just in from the country on his first trip - ever had one like that?) and then get him to drive on through the intersection and there is BBB (it is written in Thai too and it actually sounds bee bee bee - so suddenly your are fluent) in clear view on the left after Suriwong Thanon. Try it.

December 29th, 2005, 23:39
I was registered as inboha but for some reason this username failed, so I start again with the name reversed!

I stayed at La Residence some years ago and was happy there. However, I found it a little too quiet and I do like room service which they don't (didn't) have. I got sick and they arranged for me to be taken to hospital. Three years later I booked in again and the receptionist remembered and inquired after my health. Doubt this would happen at a large hotel.

Joiner's fees: I booked a double room and never had a problem even if it was a different boy. However, on one occasion I had a 3 some and when I checked out there was a fee for the extra boy and only for that night. So, fill the bed(s) according to the price paid and no problem. It is at least 4 years since I stayed there so the policy may have changed.

December 31st, 2005, 02:30
I have twice been limited to a threesome... but not have had to pay for the second. But was once (Suriwong) refused a third which would have been for a foursome. I regarded this as 'reasonable'.

sing_lofty_sing
December 31st, 2005, 17:35
Le Residence has always been my choice when in Bangkok, The room is nice and clean and never paid a joiner fee there.