PDA

View Full Version : Huge police raid in Sunee last night??

Alaan
March 2nd, 2007, 17:00
Can anyone confirm if the huge police presence heading towards sunee, was indeed a raid on the bars? I was leaving by motocy from just outside Howards to go to Pattayaland about 11.30pm, we passed about 30-40 uniformed police heading down that road towards sunee, these officers on foot were followed by 3 pickups with about 10 tan-uniformed in each.. and then we passed another 20-30 boys in brown. There was a white police pick-up blocking the road out to 2nd road/Walking st area, allowing only motocys to pass. The motocy driver had no idea what the raid was but suspected it was a sunee raid. But to me it seemed a very huge over-the -top amount of police personnel just to raid a few bars, everyone at the moment is complaining about the amount of thefts from persons anywhere in Pattaya, and they deploy this huge police personnel to raid bars. But not unless it was for something else in that area.

I have only been to sunee for a couple of hours on one evening since arriving in Pattaya 4 days ago, I visited Happy gogo and it is a very nice laid back bar on two levels with no pressure to take off or buy drinks, all the boys/guys certainly looked to be 18+ and they all tried to dance energetically with smiles and wais, I did see a post from another poster saying that the owners always seem to be 'going about' keeping an eye, but I found it wasn't overbearing.. infact it was a good thing because even though it was packed at 10pm they kept the waiters going to keep service levels high, also the boys don't get lazy with their dancing when the owners are there. The boys dance on the table in front of you (as crazy Dragon) but the tables are much lower only about 1foot off the floor, and they move from table to table after one song.

I only sat at one other barbeer (nice bar called the corner bar?) and although there were some boys going about, it didn't seem to me that there were droves of them or any problems and I didn't see many young boys going about, given that not all the boys are on the make as some probably just stay there with families etc.

catawampuscat
March 2nd, 2007, 22:24
Last nite around midnite, 40 -50 uniformed police raided Sunee. Somewhere around 20 police went into Top Man and did
pee tests for drug usage. K-boys was shaken up as well and that is all I know as my informant was in Forrest Bar and
didn't want to hang around but was amazed at the sheer number of police in the raids.
Tonite, it seemed back to normal when I witnessed two motorcycles police guys roughly move along some young loiterers
from the same location that used to be part of the Diamond Pub/Amigo pedorama but is now being used by the Clubber group
but the boys were squatting and hard to see. The boys moved on and the police stood their ground for about 20 minutes, almost
daring someone to approach them and then they moved on. It was tense and I noticed some boys stop short when they realized
the police were standing in the soi arms akimbo. Raid indeed!

March 3rd, 2007, 10:53
Might (or might not!) be related to the fact the the chief police honcho is in town for the investigation of the murder of the Russian ladies. Maybe the vice squad is trying to impress him.

March 3rd, 2007, 13:05
I am told that over 30 boys were removed for positive drug pee test, underage or foreigners without work permit.

March 3rd, 2007, 13:10
I am told that over 30 boys were removed for positive drug pee test, underage or foreigners without work permit.
Great!
Tip to Thai officials. You want to wipe out underage sex workers. Make it a MANDATORY five year jail sentence for any bar OWNER, Thai or farang, who employs even one of them.
Problem solved OVERNIGHT.

Bar owners who employ these guys are the SCUM of the earth. They employ them, then they have their mamasans lie about their true age, teach them to use fake IDs, and put innocent customers at risk of jail and death.

Its about time for a real crackdown against the BAR OWNERS.

March 3rd, 2007, 13:33
Bar owners who employ these guys are the SCUM of the earthWorse than terrorists, wouldn't you agree?

March 3rd, 2007, 13:40
Bar owners who employ these guys are the SCUM of the earthWorse than terrorists, wouldn't you agree?
Not really a related subject at all. You a pimp?

March 3rd, 2007, 14:05
Tip to Thai officials. You want to wipe out underage sex workers. Make it a MANDATORY five year jail sentence for any bar OWNER, Thai or farang, who employs even one of them.
Problem solved, or just moved onto the streets as freelancers?

Mandatory jail sentence? Heck, even known armed robbers are released on bail, free to shoot and kill tourists. This is not the west, and things work differently here.

For the record, I'm not a pedophile and have never set foot in the Sunee area, and do not condone underage sex. It's just that simplistic solutions are sometimes not solutions at all.

March 3rd, 2007, 14:30
What bothers me about the bars is that they try to fool customers. If a farang pedo picks up off the street, then it is totally his business (or crime) as the case may be. My solution is simple. And it would work for the bars.

Hmmm
March 3rd, 2007, 14:39

Bar owners who employ these guys are the SCUM of the earth. They employ them, then they have their mamasans lie about their true age, teach them to use fake IDs, and put innocent customers at risk of jail and death.

The problem of course is that Thais don't generally see underage sex as a big issue, except when someone threatens their access to it. Even in 'polite' society, the issue when an underage daughter's loss of virginity is discovered is not prosecution, but rather that the boy's/man's family pays a suitable cash sum, consistent with the girl's family's position in Thai society. Unfortunately for Thai families, a boy's virginity generally has no monetary value.

It's hard to recall an arrest for underage sex that wasn't initiated in some way by farang intervention.

The law that you suggest is already on the books:

CUSTOMERS
* 2-6 years jail if prostitutes are under 15 years old
* 0-3 years jail if prostitutes are between 15 and 18 years old
PROCURERS
* 1-10 years jail if prostitutes are over 18 years old
* 5-15 years jail if prostitutes are between 15 and 18 years old
* 10-20 years jail if prostitutes are under 15 years old
VENUE OWNERS
* 0-15 years jail if prostitutes are over 18 years old
PARENTS
* 4-20 years jail if prostitutes are under 18 years old
* Those who force or torture others into prostitution 1-20 years jail
* Life sentence if prostitutes are seriously injured
* Death penalty if prostitutes are killed
http://www.tatnews.org/special_interest/1484.asp

Since policemen and politicians are not uncommonly the owners or 'beneficiaries' of the establishments you refer to, it's hard to see anything changing anytime soon.

TrongpaiExpat
March 3rd, 2007, 16:23

Makes me curious what you did for a living in Farangland to make such as naive statement.

March 3rd, 2007, 16:32
Makes me curious what you did for a living in Farangland to make such as naive statement.You should read his other posts! :colors:

March 3rd, 2007, 17:50

The problem of course is that Thais don't generally see underage sex as a big issue, except when someone threatens their access to it. Even in 'polite' society, the issue when an underage daughter's loss of virginity is discovered is not prosecution, but rather that the boy's/man's family pays a suitable cash sum, consistent with the girl's family's position in Thai society. Unfortunately for Thai families, a boy's virginity generally has no monetary value.

It's hard to recall an arrest for underage sex that wasn't initiated in some way by farang intervention.

The law that you suggest is already on the books:

CUSTOMERS
* 2-6 years jail if prostitutes are under 15 years old
* 0-3 years jail if prostitutes are between 15 and 18 years old
PROCURERS
* 1-10 years jail if prostitutes are over 18 years old
VENUE OWNERS
* 0-15 years jail if prostitutes are over 18 years old
PARENTS
* 4-20 years jail if prostitutes are under 18 years old
* Those who force or torture others into prostitution 1-20 years jail
* Life sentence if prostitutes are seriously injured
* Death penalty if prostitutes are killed
http://www.tatnews.org/special_interest/1484.asp

Since policemen and politicians are not uncommonly the owners or 'beneficiaries' of the establishments you refer to, it's hard to see anything changing anytime soon.

Usually special police forces like black squad, 999 or others are called in. They do not have strings to local businesses - and get there briefing just before the raids take place.

Local police involement in raids is minory, for traffic regulations etc.

March 4th, 2007, 03:47
One of the members here (not me!) was thankful for good hotel security last week. The boy he took back had borrowed a friends i.d card and they picked it up and wouldn`t let him in. The boy then went home and got his real I.D and turned out to be 23 and not 21 as he stated lol

Hotels and guesthouses can help a lot to stamp out underage & illegal bar boys.

Doug
March 4th, 2007, 05:24
If you litterally interpret ttom's post it appears that using the services of a prostitute who is either 15 or 18 is not included in the list and therefore legal.

March 4th, 2007, 07:35
If you litterally interpret ttom's post it appears that using the services of a prostitute who is either 15 or 18 is not included in the list and therefore legal.Except that prostitution itself is illegal for those under 18 - for the customer. In Thailand a homosexual act is by definition an act of prostitution and customers of prostitutes can be prosecuted if the prostitute is under 18. Over 18 and it's only the prostitute who can be prosecuted, not the customer

What interest me, however (and I'm not for a moment suggesting he shouldn't) is why ttom - who is a self-proclaimed resident of Udon Thani - posts so assiduously about Bangkok motorcycle taxi regulations and other arcana

March 4th, 2007, 18:18
Does anyone have any details?

catawampuscat
March 4th, 2007, 23:25
I thought when I reported 40 to 50 police, raided Sunee Plaza, that is was an exaggeration but a second eyewitness estimated that
as many as 60 police poured thru Sunee, closing off all entrances and exits to the area... I heard at least 20 Thai guys were taken to
the police station and some tested positive for yaabaa and some had age or ID issues to sort out.

Last nite, the bars were almost all closed for Buddhist holiday, but tonite the rumours were rampant that another raid was imminent and it was predictable
to see a stream of lads of questionable age pour out of one popular boy bar which also canceled it's erotic show. It is certainly bad for business
and if similar to previous times, the rumours of police raids will continue for a while.

I understand the police also made it to the Pattayaland Soi boy bars but don't have any info on what happened... :cat:

catawampuscat
March 5th, 2007, 22:27
Farangs in Sunee Plaza have been asked to show their passports and the boys with them to show their IDs. The police are
raiding nightly and Sunee is closing up earlier and earlier. Many bars closing around midnite and the raids are
definitely having an effect on late nite business.
It is probably a good idea to carry your passport or a good photocopy with visa dates included on your person.

In the past, these periods of police raiding last a while and since the bars are still employing underage, they remain
vulnerable but of course , some people never learn and so it goes.. Carry your passport? up to you..

March 5th, 2007, 23:06
I have had a good time. Stayed 2 weeks (09.-23.02.)in sunee plaza and saw not one policeman. Only shadow was K-Boys and the underage motorbike-gang.

March 11th, 2007, 03:52
Does anyone have any details?

I was there that night a lot off BKK police and army but not one farang been asked to show his ID.

The under age boys where siting outside i think about 40.

Seems to me the party was only one night because the 40 boys where back at sunny the same morning.

Great show, nothing more ! :flower: