PDA

View Full Version : La Dolce Vita ...Cabaret Show in Jomtien Complex

travelerjim
February 27th, 2007, 16:03
Sawatdee Friends,

My bf and I enjoyed the Cabaret Show Friday night at La Dolce Vita in Jomtien Complex.

There are 6 ... just 6... talented Thais who perform the entire one hour show... they are an unbelievable troupe...
great entertainment, songs and dance for an hour.

The dancers are handsome and so are the singers too ...
and they are so into their acts - displaying amazing energy and talent!

The show time is 10:30pm nightly and the cost is 200 baht which includes one drink.

The entry area in front of the show theater is the welcoming area prior to the show time....
With comfortable seating until the theater is opened...this area also serves - during non-show hours -
as a comfortable Jomtien Complex club for drinks and relaxing.

The theater seats about 30-35 persons and was full last night - all seats were taken...

It is a "cozy" theater experience being up close to the stage and the performers too :-)

The "full house" of show guests were about 50/50 gay/straight....all enjoyed the show from what I could observe...
as I was with my Thai bf - we did not receive any "darting glances" from the straight couples...
in fact they were very friendly holiday goers.

And the tips the performers received from the theatre goers were very good indeed...
I saw several 1,000 baht tips handed to the cast after the show from several foreign couples...as well as 100 baht bills too.

The tips were graciously received by the cast and well-earned!

If you have not seen the show - I heartily recommend it to you.

It is evident that the Jomtien Complex Gay Business Community now has many fine shows to see and enjoy...
and good clubs to relax with your friend(s).
and a fine assortment of good restaurants with varied menus to suit your tastes...

We visit it several times each week....more reports from us later :-)

TJ

One caveat : smoking is allowed in the theatre - which may make for a difficult time if you are a non-smoker.
During the show we attended, there were many smokers and at times it was difficult to breath and enjoy the show.
The theatre setting is small and gives that up close feeling...that is good..it has air conditioning -
but when the smokers start doing their thing...the air conditioning does not do its thing!
I would recommend a "no smoking" during show time inside the theatre....
with OK in the ante way seating area...plenty of fans...One man's opinion!

February 27th, 2007, 18:39
Dolce Vita show is excellent as Travellerjim says, and on every night.

The first time most people saw the Dolce Vita boys and gals show was was at the Jomtien Complex Carnival (16Dec) and very well received.

"Gay Jomtien - Great shows"

February 27th, 2007, 23:14
"Gay Jomtien - Great shows"

Righty-o. Vegas of the East. The level of professionalism is, I'm sure, astounding. At least at the level of a high school production, versus the grade school-level dreck at the likes of Calypso and Alcazar.

December 12th, 2008, 16:37
Can anyone provide an update on this bar? I'll be staying in Jomtien over new year (usually I stay in Pattaya itself) so I am wondering what the bars there are like and whether I need to go in to Pattaya. Do they have a working Web site (the one from dreadedned doesn't work).

lonelywombat
December 12th, 2008, 17:41
The original post is almost two years old I cannot remember from my trips seeing this bar

There was a cabaret in Jomtien that I cannot recall the name of,that sounds very similar

Same side as Monty but closer to the main road. A great night out and I miss it

Female impersonators not drag and damn good as well

atri1666
December 12th, 2008, 17:51
Dolce Vita closed last year it was opposite two faces under Haus Mewie guesthouse. One of the waiters is now cleaning the rooms in the guesthouse.