PDA

View Full Version : Gay marriage - our bruvvers in the struggle for equal rights

February 26th, 2007, 06:55
Gay marriage, polygamous marriage, incestuous marriage - it all comes down to rights, right?
http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2305517.ece

February 26th, 2007, 18:28
If there had been (legal) gay marriage...ahem...xx years ago--I'd hold the bloody record!
And for the most divorces, irreconcilable differences, annulments, failures to consummate, seperations, faked pregnancies, desertions, times left waiting at the church, bigamys: total and number-at-same-time.... It's the real reason I live in a swamp.

February 26th, 2007, 23:54
The arguments for gay marriage, dealing mostly with supporting stable relationships and prevention of theft by siblings and taxmen, bear no relation to arguments concerning incest which is known to produce biological problems...Seigfreid.

February 27th, 2007, 07:56
The arguments for gay marriage ...bear no relation to arguments concerning incest which is known to produce biological problemsYou are confusing arguments about marriage with arguments about having children - the "gay lobby" has been assiduous in trying to separate the two, since the traditional argument holds that marriage exists (as the Book of Common Prayer quite properly puts it)
First, It was ordained for the procreation of children, to be brought up in the fear and nurture of the Lord, and to the praise of his holy Name.
Secondly, It was ordained for a remedy against sin, and to avoid fornication; that such persons as have not the gift of continency might marry, and keep themselves undefiled members of Christ's body.
Thirdly, It was ordained for the mutual society, help, and comfort, that the one ought to have of the other, both in prosperity and adversity. The Lesbian Thought Police and their vigilante supporters want us to focus entirely on the third purpose, whereas I'm happy to argue that no children = no marriage (and conversely children = marriage), whatever form of ceremony the people concerned may have gone through

But since the PC "gay lobby" wants to focus entirely on the third reason, then clearly incestuous and for that matter polygamous relationships are equally appropriate