PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Closing (again!)

colmx
February 25th, 2007, 20:02
Hi All
I've been reliably informed that Hollywood pattaya will be Closing (again!) on Feb 28th...

And this time it will be forever

Staff have been paid up for the month of March and their jobs will be open for them when Hollywood Opens its new location Near Big C in North Pattaya in May this year...

Anybody else heard this?

Dunno where all the gay boys in South Pattaya are going to go now... Maya and JJ can't possibly hold them all!

I guess maybe The new Yensabai Disco could become the new "gay" disco?

February 25th, 2007, 20:53
I have never heard of Yensabai disco .
Where is it located ?

Thanks

Up2U
February 25th, 2007, 22:54
I have never heard of Yensabai disco .
Where is it located ?

Thanks

The back entrance to the parking lot is across from Howard's, the front entrance on Soi Yensabai. It is not at all Gay friendly.

Doug
February 26th, 2007, 01:57
I was Yensabai disco last December with some friend and a bunch of the boys from Sundance Bar. It had been open for only a week. It wasn't very crowed but we had a great time.

colmx
February 26th, 2007, 04:58
Hi Doug
We were also there in Yensabai a few nights before New Year.
It was at a Clash Concert - as anyone who has an Issan BF knows - Clash are incredibly popular... so it was mobbed with sexy lads...

We also know some of the waiters there so we got a premium table.
One waiter - Mr. Jug a friend of my BFs had gotten his haircut and dumped his GF... He was now looking stunning!

And a load of Arab guys with their Thai Bar girls.

I was the only farang there... The only benifit of that is that i was addressed directly by the Lead singer of Clash and asked (in English) what song I'd like next!

Luckily they hadn't played they only song that i know the name of already "Khun chue Arai" - so i was able to request this... Needless to say this made me popular with both the group and the gathered Thai boys... And got me loads of dirty looks from the Arab guys...

As Up2U says - the clientele are not particularly Gat friendly - but then neither was Hollywood until "we" took it over!

February 26th, 2007, 05:42
The back entrance ... is not at all Gay friendly.That's never been my experience

colmx
March 1st, 2007, 04:51
BF Rushed back from a wedding he was attending in Kanchanaburi this evening in order to be there for the "last ever" night in Hollywood...

Somewhere between Bkk and Pattaya one of the waiters there called him to let him know that Hollywood had "paid the Police" and so would now stay open one more month....

So it seems once again Hollywood has had a stay of execution!

Boxer
March 1st, 2007, 06:57
Pattaya City own the site so closing could drag on for months. Local affordable housing for Thai (or lots of little studios) is talked about for the development.

thrillbill
March 1st, 2007, 20:24
Finding a "gay" dance club in Pattaya is almost unheard of...I go to BKK on most weekends so I can hit DJ's , Cafe4 , or GOD-but now the 1o'CLOCK curfew is a bummer. Off Walking Street there is Mayas upstairs which is a gay dance club but doesn't get going until 2:30... great music and sound system... a bit seedy inside but after a couple drinks who cares.

Alaan
March 2nd, 2007, 16:36
Just to confirm colmx info that Hollywood is open. I was there last night/this morning and it was in full swing with a large crowd mixed about 60/40 gay/str8. Full show on with band and dancers etc.. no id checks at door.We went about 1.30am left about 4am. I enjoyed it, the farangs with thai girls, kept themselves to themselves, everyone else mixed with eachother gay boys & friends visiting friends tables and having a fun time.

travelerjim
March 17th, 2007, 19:24
Hollywood is CLOSED ...
and the wrecking cranes and workmen are busy tearing down the building.

Concrete and steel re bar is already in place throughout what was the parking lot.

There is a SALES Office on site - maybe going to be a condo project.

Have not seen the details, but believe it when I say Hollywood is History...
at least at the old South Pattaya location.

To reopen in North Pattaya ....according to some words I have heard ....
Anybody know more ???

The liquor stores are still open across from the Old Hollywood...
I bet they will not be open very long.

The end of an era...I have spent many nights over the past years in Hollywood -
but not many visits recently - as the noise and smoke finally became too unbearable...
as it has in many of Pattaya's clubs and Bars.

TJ

March 17th, 2007, 20:29
Hollywood is CLOSED ...
and the wrecking cranes and workmen are busy tearing down the building.

Concrete and steel re bar is already in place throughout what was the parking lot.

There is a SALES Office on site - maybe going to be a condo project.

Have not seen the details, but believe it when I say Hollywood is History...
at least at the old South Pattaya location.

To reopen in North Pattaya ....according to some words I have heard ....
Anybody know more ???

The liquor stores are still open across from the Old Hollywood...
I bet they will not be open very long.

The end of an era...I have spent many nights over the past years in Hollywood -
but not many visits recently - as the noise and smoke finally became too unbearable...
as it has in many of Pattaya's clubs and Bars.

TJ

Stop this troll ! HOLLYWOOD IS NOT CLOSED ! :cheers:

March 18th, 2007, 19:26
BF confirmed Hollywood was closed last night and not expected to open again. Everyone is going to Excite.

Smiles
March 18th, 2007, 22:13
" ...this evening in order to be there for the "last ever" night in Hollywood ..."

" ... Just to confirm colmx info that Hollywood is open... "

" ... Hollywood is CLOSED ... "

" ... Stop this troll ! HOLLYWOOD IS NOT CLOSED ! ... "

" ... BF confirmed Hollywood was closed last night... "

" ... I just passed it it's not closed, it's gone---just a pile of rubble ... "

Is DJ Station open?
Hell, is THAILAND open?

Cheers ...

TrongpaiExpat
March 19th, 2007, 00:59
I just passed it it's not closed, it's gone---just a pile of rubble.

March 19th, 2007, 08:42
So where is it that baziel is going that he believes so strongly is Hollywood?

March 19th, 2007, 11:13
How will the residents of Center Condo sleep without the distant music of Hollywood Disco? Will property values soar?

March 19th, 2007, 15:07
so why hasn`t a gay entrepeneur opened a gay only disco for the huge gay tourist scene and the boys after work?

March 19th, 2007, 18:11
So where is it that baziel is going that he believes so strongly is Hollywood?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I'm here ! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: