PDA

View Full Version : A question about visas...

bedbugy1-old
February 25th, 2007, 19:43
yep your wright 3 runs and your out thats the 30 days frebie on ariveval

February 25th, 2007, 19:51
I was at the Thai/Lao border not long ago, when a visa runner tried to go out to Laos and come right back into Thailand. He was quite upset to be turned away, and told he must go to the Thai Embassy in Vientiane for a visa before he'd be let back in. He had been back and forth three times on visa-free entrances, and his welcome mat was therefore pulled out from under him. No loss to Thailand, from the looks of the creep.

TrongpaiExpat
February 25th, 2007, 22:49
I was at the Thai/Lao border not long ago,

Though you have been missing. So, then how about a trip report?

February 26th, 2007, 05:51
people who had a work permit
people who were retired
people who did "visa runs"
Is this understanding correct?No. You're missing completely the "illegals" - those who arrived legally but never left. There's a recent, lengthy thread on this very topic - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... hp?t=10599 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10599)

February 26th, 2007, 06:40
I was at the Thai/Lao border not long ago,

Though you have been missing. So, then how about a trip report?

There was no purchasing of sex from boys a quarter my age, so I don't think there'd be anything of interest to anyone here.

alittlebi-old
February 26th, 2007, 09:01
Way back in 1992, there were basically three classes of farangs living in Thailand:
people who had a work permit
people who were retired
people who did "visa runs"

From the research I have done on thaivisa.com, and from talking with friends, it appears that the third category of resident is now disappearing...that is, people who are doing "visa runs" now have to spend 90 full days outside of the country once a year or so.

Is this understanding correct?

You are missing another group: those with visa issued from their home country (ie: USA). Some expats are leaving Thailand and going to nearby countries -- then using FEDEX and sending their passport and paperwork to a friend in the USA who is taking such to the local Thai consulate and obtaining three 60-day entry tourist visas. Then sending back to the expat. Expat can then enter Thailand for 60 days; then pay fee for extra 30 day extention allowing 90 days total; then they exit and re-enter allwoing them to start the 60 day process again.

Of course, some people are really going home and getting this visa themselves.

February 26th, 2007, 10:58
There are various reasons for doing Visa runs. I think that you are talking about those nationals who enter Thailand 'Visa free for tourism' (not technically a visa) which allows them to stay for 30 days. You could stay indefinitely with 'visa runs' and extensions - sometimes up to 15 days.

Late last year the Immigration Police changed the rule on Visa free permissions to a maximum of 90 days, in Thailand in the six months since first arrival. They allow only one extension of 7 days ( in Pattaya not sure about everywhere).

Obviously this entry permit only is not now suited to permanent residence but with a combination of 1 tourist visa ( 90 days ) per 6 months it seems no more onerous than monthly trips.

Many overseas Consulates issue a Non Immigrant B visa with a multiple re-entry permit you can stay 90 days and get another 90 when you re-enter. If you time it right you can get 450 days.

February 26th, 2007, 11:03
DELETED

TrongpaiExpat
February 26th, 2007, 13:23
OK, Botting, now that you have opened your mouth, seems you owe us a trip report too! Lets see who can post a better trip report, Botting or BoyG?

There was no purchasing of sex from boys a quarter my age, so I don't think there'd be anything of interest to anyone here.

Unfortunately, somewhat true, just look at the numbers of views on certain topics. Yet, the views are not zero on a non-sex trip report, so someone must have interest. Some mention of food seem to help the view numbers.

Given the contents of most of your posts, I had assumed that you were not concerned with popularity.

February 26th, 2007, 18:32
Some mention of food seem to help the view numbers.

I also didn't eat any hamburgers or fast-food Japanese in shopping malls, otherwise I would certainly posted and am sure the populace here would be entranced.