PDA

View Full Version : JOMTIEN MUSIC FESTIVAL - 4th March

February 24th, 2007, 07:51
The final schedule for the JOMTIEN MUSIC FESTIVAL to be held in the Jomtien Complex on 4th March is as follows:

16:00 to 17:30 PM - Blues
17:30 - 18:30 Jazz
18:30 - 20:00 Flamenco
20:00 - 21:00 Blues
21:00 - 22:00 jazz
22:00 until late - Isaan music

The JOMTIEN MUSIC FESTIVAL is organised by the Jomtien Gay Community and sponsored by Chang Beer.

Entrance fee is 250 Baht and includes one drink. Doors will open at 4 PM, there will be 3/4 bars offering Chang Beer, spirits and wine. Food counters will be available throughout the afternoon/evening and JGC restaurants will be offering all types of food. Restaurants taking part are Poseidon, Flamboyant, Two Faces, Magg's, Mignon and Curtains.

All are welcome to enjoy another great event in Jomtien.

February 24th, 2007, 07:52
elephantspike/Jinks

Could you please put this thread on a sticky.

Many thanks

elephantspike
February 24th, 2007, 09:35
I've added it to the calendar:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... &cl_y=2007 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/cal_lite.php?id=258&mode=display&cl_d=4&cl_m=03&cl_y=2007)

March 3rd, 2007, 06:46
"Saturday, March 3rd is a Buddhist holiday and the top police honcho is supposed to be in town (Pattaya/Jomtien) regarding
the murdered Russian women, which is still one hot potato in this town. It looks like the boy bars will be closed but some will no doubt just go dark and serve drinks in coffee mugs. Time will tell. " quote campuscat

Magha Puja Day
03 Mar 2007
Buddhist celebration of the presentation of teachings by Lord Buddha to an assembly of holy men.

This Sunday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/jomtien_music-1.jpg

http://www.jomtiengayguide.com/

thrillbill
March 3rd, 2007, 09:23
-So I take it that this variety of music will be performed from "live" bands and not music from someones CD collection blaring on a cracked whooper.

March 3rd, 2007, 11:48
Yes, all music will be performed by live bands, 2 of which are coming from Bangkok to perform exclusively at the Jomtien Music Festival.

March 3rd, 2007, 12:10
Why the COVER CHARGE to be in a PUBLIC STREET? What ever happened to UP TO YOU? Couldn't the money be raised simply by selling FOOD and DRINK?

March 3rd, 2007, 12:28
The Jomtien Music Festival is a commercial event like any other. The entrance fee of 250 Baht (or US$7) includes 1 drink, and will go towards paying for the staging of this event.
No live band will do it for free I am afraid, and we have over 8 hours of live music for all to enjoy, a stage, fencing off and decorating the area and stage, tables and chairs, staff, security, cleaning, etc.....

March 3rd, 2007, 12:38
The idea of a FREE ADMISSION music festival is hardly revolutionary. I think you might have found you would make MORE MONEY by offering free admission. Greedy buggers.

travelerjim
March 3rd, 2007, 12:43
The Jomtien Music Festival is a commercial event like any other. The entrance fee of 250 Baht (or US$7) includes 1 drink, and will go towards paying for the staging of this event.

No live band will do it for free I am afraid, and we have over 8 hours of live music for all to enjoy, a stage, fencing off and decorating the area and stage, tables and chairs, staff, security, cleaning, etc.....

Hi JGGuide,

In speaking with a Jomtien Complex business owner this week - it was said that you were paying a Bangkok group 50,000 baht
to come from Bangkok to play in the festival...whereas the same kind of music group -
you could have contracted with - could have played (this group already bringing in crowds
in a club in the Jomtien Complex) for 12,000 baht...a big difference in expense.

Up to You of course...and I do realize you have many expenses for staging the event...it is a big venture...
lots of expenses...and a risky proposition...to try to realize a profit.

I wish you success...although I personally do believe the starting time of 4:00pm ...
is quite HOT in the late afternoon - and getting hotter as April nears...
to be sitting in the streets of the Jomtien Complex...
with no umbrellas for shade...until sunset at about 7:00pm these days.

Just one man's opinion....

TJ

March 3rd, 2007, 14:21
Travellerjim,

I can assure you that no one band is getting 50,000 Baht appearance fee, but to stage a big event like this we need to have some good musicians that most will enjoy. Yes we are taking a risk by having a big budget, but we want to do things well that reflect the high quality of many gay establishments and their patrons in Jomtien Complex.

As for the 4 PM start, we expect some people will want to enjoy a drink and some live music in the afternoon on the way back from the beach. We don't expect anyone to stay the full 8 hours, but someone coming in at 4 PM will get stamped and can return later in the evening for more without paying again. As for the sun, this particular area of Jomtien Complex is in the shade from about 3 PM and also benefits most days from a wonderful breeze, as some will have noticed during the Carnival in December.

TrongpaiExpat
March 3rd, 2007, 16:40
we want to do things well that reflect the high quality of many gay establishments and their patrons in Jomtien Complex.

Well, at least you have a good sense of humor!

Good luck, wish I could be there, jing-jing. 250 Baht is a bargan even if it was just wowpow and travlerjim playing the spoons and musical saw.

March 3rd, 2007, 20:11
250 Baht is a bargan even if it was just wowpow and travlerjim playing the spoons and musical saw.
Are they the flamenco performers or the Isaan?

March 4th, 2007, 03:43
The idea of a FREE ADMISSION music festival is hardly revolutionary. I think you might have found you would make MORE MONEY by offering free admission. Greedy buggers.

Love to see you lay out 200,000 baht then make money on it.

wowpow
March 4th, 2007, 07:37
bounce or bump?

March 4th, 2007, 08:19
World class music, dining, and entertainment! All are yours for a small price in Jomthien Plaza!

March 4th, 2007, 09:37
Just to let you know that on top of the mix of live bands (US/Euro/Thai) there will also be a couple of Guest Star appearances...should be fun!

March 4th, 2007, 09:42
there will also be a couple of Guest Star appearancesDame Edna Everage? I see Molly Meldrum is in town again

travelerjim
March 4th, 2007, 09:46
Just to let you know that on top of the mix of live bands (US/Euro/Thai) there will also be a couple of Guest Star appearances...should be fun!

JomtienGayGuide...

You sure didn't wast any time geeting Pearl and Homintern ...
flown here from Sydney's Gay Pride Parade yesterday...
for their "Guest Star" appearance at the Jomtien Music Festival...

I hope you have enough security to protect Homintern - from Edith...she so adores him!
or should I say to protect Pearl from Edith :-)

Have a great festival of fun and music!

http://upload7.postimage.org/26390/Pearl_Hom.jpg (http://upload7.postimage.org/26390/photo_hosting.html)

TJ

jinks
March 4th, 2007, 14:22
TODAY :cheers: