PDA

View Full Version : G-Host in Rachada area

February 21st, 2007, 22:42
I just happened to be in this part of town tonight (Wednesday), and stop by G-Host. Out of curiosity, I went in (firt time there). It was around 10:45pm. The door guy (one guy) does not speak a word of english, doen't even understand any English I said (I said 'why nobody is here?') The music and disco lights were on, but nobody was there, well, maybe one or two people sitting on the corner. I guess local Thais don't party on a week day.

TrongpaiExpat
February 22nd, 2007, 00:19
Think about if: If you can afford to go out to a bar you must have a job and if you have a job you have to get up early.

Also, many of the locals get paid on the first of the month and it's late in the month. For the students, tomorrow is a school day.

Dicks was pretty busy tonight and I saw a lot of farangs going in the bars. I am told the sex shows are back.

You do find some life during the week at G-Star, but it's unpredictable.

February 22nd, 2007, 04:17
I just happened to be in this part of town tonight (Wednesday), and stop by G-Host. Out of curiosity, I went in (firt time there). It was around 10:45pm. The door guy (one guy) does not speak a word of english, doen't even understand any English I said (I said 'why nobody is here?') The music and disco lights were on, but nobody was there, well, maybe one or two people sitting on the corner. I guess local Thais don't party on a week day.

G-Host CAN be a very nice place to go to and popular with mostly Thai students or staff from Central Lat Phrao. Meeting foreigner there is unusual. G-Host is best if you're having a Thai companion. It's not a place where you can cruise someone that easily.

It is a notorious late night hang-out and sometimes very busy soon before or after nearby Rachdada Soi 4 bars closing. G-Host is since many years well established.

I like G-Host and did spend some very happy hours, with plenty of fun.

Next door the restaurant is all night open and sometimes also interesting. Food and drinks are very reasonably priced – with legions of mosquitoes for free while sitting at the open air terrace. The cool room inside is less fun but you might miss the little beasts. .