PDA

View Full Version : Is ABC Asia available in Pattaya / View Talay props???

travelerjim
February 19th, 2007, 12:19
Curious, in another thread, has asked about the availability of Australian TV
and ABC Asia on cable in Pattaya area..in View Talay properties.

I have started a new thread here so replies may be better made...
hope someone has the answers...his original thread was titled about the Bondi Bar in Jomtien...

TJ

"Can anyone who lives in View Talay tell me about the satellite television available? One of my friends (Australian) demands Australian television, and says ABC Asia is available by satellite in Thailand. He's thinking of buying at View Talay but apparently this is a make-or-break requirement."

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... hp?t=10700 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10700) .

I replied:

You also asked about View Talay and UBC or Aussie TV Stations...
Which View Talay is your friend interested in ???

I have UBC in View Talay #5 (behind the new Avalon Beach Resort Hotel - and AU stations are not part of the packages offered)
But that can change - and Sophon Cable is NOT yet available at VT5 ..maybe later.

Individual satellite dishes are a NO-NO at VT5 ...and I assume at the other VT properties ...
so having a dish of your own and access AU stations not feasible if at VT.

Maybe others on board will have more info for you and your friend.

and bkk gwm asked:

Does that mean VT-5 has a master UBC dish on the roof and then provides the signal for individual condo units,
OR, does it mean that there actually is cable TV in the area?[/quote]

I replied:
bkk gwm,

VT5 has a master UBC dish on the roof and when UBC connects you...you pay a one time charge of 1,500 baht to VT management to allow UBC to use the pre-installed cable to your condo...all UBC does is come inside your condo - install the receiver box and connect it to your TV...and download the Thaicom signal to the UBC receiver box.

UBC had a special which offered NO connection charge for installation of UBC to your condo..NO charge for the receiver box either...
it was available recently...otherwise - when NO promotion - they charge 9,500 baht (ouch) to connect UBC to your condo.

It seems UBC has special promotions often - so do not pay the 9,500 baht to get their service-- ask and wait for a promotion.
The fee to VT management is not waived - it is 1,500 baht.

TJ

cottmann
February 19th, 2007, 12:36
Curious, in another thread, has asked about the availability of Australian TV
and ABC Asia on cable in Pattaya area..in View Talay properties.... TJ

If Curious means the ABC service "Australia Network," it is available in Pattaya, both by direct-to-home satellite on PAS-8, and through the Thailand Cable Association.

Whether it is available in View Talay properties is another matter, of course, but if they get the Sophon cable service they should also get Australia Network.

SOPHON CABLE TV & COMMUNICATION PATTAYA LTD
Mr. CHANYUT HENGTRAKUL
Tel. 0-3841-0591-3,

travelerjim
February 19th, 2007, 12:47
"Whether it is available in View Talay properties is another matter, of course, but if they get the Sophon cable service they should also get Australia Network."

SOPHON CABLE TV & COMMUNICATION PATTAYA LTD
Mr. CHANYUT HENGTRAKUL
Tel. 0-3841-0591-3,[/quote]

Thanks Cottman for the info..

I have asked VT #5 about getting Sophon Cable into this condo building...the NEW View Talay #5
They have said ...maybe later when MORE units are occupied and want Sophon Cable Pattaya..
For now - only choice is UBC...
I really would like Sophon Cable :-)

TJ

February 19th, 2007, 13:13
I asked my friend. He said "You mean they're so disorganised that what's in one View Talay is not in all of them?".

I told him that it's not on UBC (he knows) and the VT management won't allow private satellite dishes. He said he'd heard there are corporate satellite dishes on the roof. I'll ask the question he didn't ask (pardon my ignorance) - aren't all the View Talay buildings on the same site, at Jomtien? Oh, and if anyone wants to sell their VT investment property with vendor finance secured by a mortgage over a condominium in Sydney, let me know and I'll put you in touch with my friend.