PDA

View Full Version : Bondi Bar, Jomtien

February 19th, 2007, 09:00
I've only stayed in Pattaya before, never Jomtien, but I've been looking at the Jomtien Gay Guide site, and might stay there next week. I see Bondi Bar has "host waiters and happy hour from 4pm". Does this means I can off a waiter before dinner?

Can anyone who lives in View Talay tell me about the satellite television available? One of my friends (Australian) demands Australian television, and says ABC Asia is available by satellite in Thailand. He's thinking of buying at View Talay but apparently this is a make-or-break requirement.

travelerjim
February 19th, 2007, 09:17
"Does this means I can off a waiter before dinner?"

OR are you wanting to off a waiter FOR DINNER ??? ...
Dinner for TWO - as you like :-) :-)

Yes...in both cases....the Waiters aim to please....
and owners helpful.
and The Bondi is one of my favorite places ...

I enjoy their European style filtered coffee...60 baht but second cup 50% off....
and free snacks as peanuts or popcorn served.
the Happy Hour ...and evenings Piano Bar style entertainment is very enjoyable.

The Bondi in Jomtien Complex...also has a new club ...The BJ Bar - as part of the Bondi experience...
see this posting under Ting & Tongs Gay Thailand board for more information...

http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?t=613 .

The Jomtien Complex has many fine restaurants and clubs ...
all price ranges...and cabaret shows too :-)

You also asked about View Talay and UBC or Aussie TV Stations...
Which View Talay is your friend interested in ???

I have UBC in View Talay #5 (behind the new Avalon Beach Resort Hotel - and AU stations are not part of the packages offered)
But that can change - and Sophon Cable is NOT yet available at VT5 ..maybe later.

Individual satellite dishes are a NO-NO at VT5 ...and I assume at the other VT properties ...
so having a dish of your own and access AU stations not feasible if at VT.

Maybe others on board will have more info for you and your friend.

Enjoy The Bondi....I think you will :-)

TJ

February 19th, 2007, 11:45
I have UBC in View Talay #5 (behind the new Avalon Beach Resort Hotel - and AU stations are not part of the packages offered)But that can change - and Sophon Cable is NOT yet available at VT5 ..maybe later.

Individual satellite dishes are a NO-NO at VT5 ...and I assume at the other VT properties ...
so having a dish of your own and access AU stations not feasible if at VT.
Does that mean VT-5 has a master UBC dish on the roof and then provides the signal for individual condo units, OR, does it mean that there actually is cable TV in the area?

travelerjim
February 19th, 2007, 12:10
so having a dish of your own and access AU stations not feasible if at VT.[/quote]
Does that mean VT-5 has a master UBC dish on the roof and then provides the signal for individual condo units, OR, does it mean that there actually is cable TV in the area?[/quote]

bkk gwm,

VT5 has a master UBC dish on the roof and when UBC connects you...you pay a one time charge of 1,500 baht to VT management to allow UBC to use the pre-installed cable to your condo...all UBC does is come inside your condo - install the receiver box and connect it to your TV...and download the Thaicom signal to the UBC receiver box.

UBC had a special which offered NO connection charge for installation of UBC to your condo..NO charge for the receiver box either...
it was available recently...otherwise - when NO promotion - they charge 9,500 baht (ouch) to connect UBC to your condo.

It seems UBC has special promotions often - so do not pay the 9,500 baht to get their service-- ask and wait for a promotion.
The fee to VT management is not waived - it is 1,500 baht.

TJ

February 19th, 2007, 13:38
Blow Job?

travelerjim
February 19th, 2007, 13:56
Blow Job?

Curious,

"Up to You"
as the BJ Bar Thai Waiters ...
they do aim to please... :-)

TJ

February 23rd, 2007, 14:44
Im just back from Udon Thani and staying at Bondi for second time.

I can assure you that you will have a real fun time in Bondi bar and BJ next door - they have a ton of cute thai guys of all shapes and sizes and the BJ bar stays open very late. Some pics in other BJ thread.

February 23rd, 2007, 15:14
Im just back from Udon ThaniBut how about UT?