PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Airport to Pattaya Bus for 150 baht

travelerjim
February 19th, 2007, 08:42
Bangkok Airport to Pattaya Bus for 150 baht...

Ting & Tongs Gay Thailand board has a good posting and discussion about the new
Airport to Pattaya bus services available from Bell Travel Services.

Looks like a good deal - especially since I have to go to the airport to buy my next ticket to the USA -
as I have an airline voucher which must be presented in person by me...
150 baht each way or 200 baht with hotel pickup..those prices I like :-)

http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.ph ... 140087beda (http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?t=551&sid=8f7bba4e15036232a42df6140087beda) .

TJ

February 19th, 2007, 09:57
Pattaya Bus Timetables?Bus - Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport and Return as at 16th Oct 2006.?Here is the latest information on the above bus services.┬а I went to Pattaya Northern Bus Station on Pattaya Nua today and ?spoke with the office of Bell Travel Services Co Ltd who are running this service under license from the Government.?The office is in the Bus Station at the top by Bus Park on the right in a separate building.┬а Busses are new blue and white Air-Con coaches ?which look very comfortable.┬а There is also an air-con waiting room. Email: rrc_bus@hotmail.com┬а
Pattaya - Bangkok Airport is 150 baht.┬а ?Booking recommended Tel: 038-370-055-6?Timetable at 19.11.2006.?06.00 am?09.00 am 11.00am?13.00 pm ?15.00, 17.00 and 19.00 hrs
Bangkok Airport тАУ Pattaya is 200 baht.┬а ?Booking recommended Tel: 02-747-4673?Timetable?09.30 am?13.30 pm?17.30 pm?check times by phone.
The lady in the office spoke English and said you will be dropped off at the Airport Terminal Departures Level 4 direct NOT at the Bus Station,?┬аin the Transportation Centre.┬а Pick up will be on Level 2 Arrivals Door 10, but please phone 02-747-4673 as you arrive to confirm pick up service is required.?Also?Bus Number 389 - Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya 9.00am,13.00,17.00,19.30pm 106 or130 baht?Bus Number 9905 from Morchit -Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya 11.00am,15.00pm

http://www.boxertravels.net/airport/transport.htm

I did read of a service from Jomtien but can't find anything current on this?

travelerjim
February 19th, 2007, 10:05
Thanks WOWPOW for the link to Boxer Travels...

I had thought I had seen such a bus service posted...
but I only searched the Sawatdee Forum...
when in fact it was Boxer who had posted info on the bus route.

It is sharing of info and resources like this that makes these boards so helpful...
to newbies and seasoned visitors and residents alike :-)

TJ

February 19th, 2007, 14:09
Pattaya Bus Timetables?Bus - Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport and Return as at 16th Oct 2006.?Here is the latest information on the above bus services. I went to Pattaya Northern Bus Station on Pattaya Nua today and ?spoke with the office of Bell Travel Services Co Ltd who are running this service under license from the Government.?The office is in the Bus Station at the top by Bus Park on the right in a separate building. Busses are new blue and white Air-Con coaches ?which look very comfortable. There is also an air-con waiting room. Email: rrc_bus@hotmail.com
Pattaya - Bangkok Airport is 150 baht. ?Booking recommended Tel: 038-370-055-6?Timetable at 19.11.2006.?06.00 am?09.00 am 11.00am?13.00 pm ?15.00, 17.00 and 19.00 hrs
Bangkok Airport тАУ Pattaya is 200 baht. ?Booking recommended Tel: 02-747-4673?Timetable?09.30 am?13.30 pm?17.30 pm?check times by phone.
The lady in the office spoke English and said you will be dropped off at the Airport Terminal Departures Level 4 direct NOT at the Bus Station,? in the Transportation Centre. Pick up will be on Level 2 Arrivals Door 10, but please phone 02-747-4673 as you arrive to confirm pick up service is required.?Also?Bus Number 389 - Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya 9.00am,13.00,17.00,19.30pm 106 or130 baht?Bus Number 9905 from Morchit -Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya 11.00am,15.00pm

http://www.boxertravels.net/airport/transport.htm

You are referring to Bell Travel Service. I can only recomment this company. New busses. Good leather seating. Very efficent service.

The best is, there is a pick up or drop off service included.

Reservation is needed !

Services to Jomtien Bus Station are usually very slow.

February 19th, 2007, 17:22
The fares look attractive but the departure time intervals are far too long (e.g. what are you expected to do if you just miss a departure from the airport - I certainly wouldn't want to be hanging around for three or four hours after a 12 hour flight)? Additionally, I have not been able to find in any thread or link HOW LONG the journey takes from departing the airport to being dropped off in South Pattaya (either Boyztown or Sunee Plaza area), directly or via a mini-bus change at the Pattaya bus station. Anyone got any idea ?

February 19th, 2007, 18:39
According to the literature given to me February 2007 by the Bell Travel Service representative at the airport, the schedule buses are as follows: From Airport to Pattaya---8:00, 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00. From Pattaya to Airport---6:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00. Travel time, airport to bus station or vice versa is about two hours depending on the traffic. The pick up point at the airport was at Level one (bottom floor) at door number 7. No need to go to the transportation center. You need to call the office for a reservation. Bangkok number 0-2747-4675 or Pattaya number 038-370-055. The Bell representative will meet you at door number 7 and take you to the bus. Hotel pick up and delivery is 200 baht. The fare is 150 baht if you go to the bus station on North Pattaya road. Nice newer buses and very good service at a reasonable price.

donald1
February 19th, 2007, 19:58
I saw this post before I went to Thailand a few weeks ago and emailed the address and got a nice response with times and fares. Pick-up service included for 150baht. I emailed back and forth 4 times within 3 days about this service and TIT....the pickup never showed up. We called the Bell Travel Services and the lady did indeed speak english but she showed no reservation for us. She said take a taxi to the bus station and she would make a reservation. Paid 150 baht for a taxi and went to the station and the lady took my money. I asked about the taxi that cost me 150 baht and she just laughed. No can do nothing. Got on the bus, just another one of those beat up old busses that run between pattaya & bangkok. We left 30 minutes late because their pickup driver got lost. TERRIBLE SERVICE albeit a short 90 minute drive to the airport.

February 19th, 2007, 21:00
Travel time, airport to bus station or vice versa is about two hours depending on the traffic.

Yes, but how long does it take overall to South Pattaya (Boyztown/Sunee Plaza) when the bus (or mini-bus connection service) does the rounds of Pattaya hotels dropping off passengers? From past experience of taking day bus tours that can add, in some cases, over an hour to the journey.

I'd much rather pay for a taxi/hotel car than mess around with what is an impersonal service (and from some of the comments I have read here (see Donald1) and elswhere, an inefficient one at that!). However, I suppose the answer is that you must expect to get what you pay for.

February 20th, 2007, 01:03
Travel time, airport to bus station or vice versa is about two hours depending on the traffic.

Yes, but how long does it take overall to South Pattaya (Boyztown/Sunee Plaza) when the bus (or mini-bus connection service) does the rounds of Pattaya hotels dropping off passengers? From past experience of taking day bus tours that can add, in some cases, over an hour to the journey.

I'd much rather pay for a taxi/hotel car than mess around with what is an impersonal service (and from some of the comments I have read here (see Donald1) and elswhere, an inefficient one at that!). However, I suppose the answer is that you must expect to get what you pay for.

From airport to Pattaya it might take you 2 hours using the Airport Bus. Using a taxi will only about 15 min or so less. I prefer the bus, the view is a lot better. From Pattaya North, where it Bangkok bound busstation is, it will take you between 10 and 15 mins to Bozytown. All is pending on traffic.

Bell Travel services will drop you off at the hotel; this service is already included. Using a taxi (bath bus just for you alone, it might costs you around 120 to 150 TBT; the taxi mafia at the bus station is notoriously overcharging customers); using the bath bus costs you not more than 20 TBT but you have to walk from Beach road about 150 m towars BoysTown; just refer to the tariff which has to be sticked at the roof in front. Bell's busses do have not more than 32 seats - and are usually not full. Dropping off customers doesn't take that long.

Taking a taxi from airport to Pattaya costs you around 1.000 to 1.200 TBT plus around 150 TBT motorway fees. Sharing a taxi is a good option. Using a taxi from departure level is time saving. ...

February 20th, 2007, 02:00
I am somewhat surprised at the service that Donald1 received. Of course, I have never communicated via e-mail with Bell Travel Services. I have always called at least an hour before departure time and have yet to have any time delays. I have used this service three times. I also have never seen or ridden on a beat up old bus, nor had terrible service. The staff has been kind, friendly and helpful with the bags.

As far as the question of how long it takes to arrive to the South Pattaya area, it all depends how many passengers aboard and where their hotel is located. The first time I used this service we arrived at the bus station after two hours and then the 10 or so passengers were transferred to two different mini vans. It took approximately 30-40 minutes to arrive in the Sunee Plaza area. The second time we arrived at Pattaya bus station in two hours but several people got off at the bus station. There were four of us left and we stayed on the same bus for delivery to our hotel. Unfortunately the traffic on third road was backed up and it again took a good 30-40 minutes to arrive in the South Pattaya area. Going to the airport, I was picked up promptly 30 minutes before the scheduled departure. Four passengers were picked up and arrived at the bus station five minutes before departure. I know this service is not for everyone, especially for travelers tired from a long flight from say England or America. For many, though, it is a very good service.

February 20th, 2007, 02:20
I am somewhat surprised at the service that Donald1 received. Of course, I have never communicated via e-mail with Bell Travel Services. I have always called at least an hour before departure time and have yet to have any time delays. I have used this service three times. I also have never seen or ridden on a beat up old bus, nor had terrible service. The staff has been kind, friendly and helpful with the bags.

As far as the question of how long it takes to arrive to the South Pattaya area, it all depends how many passengers aboard and where their hotel is located. The first time I used this service we arrived at the bus station after two hours and then the 10 or so passengers were transferred to two different mini vans. It took approximately 30-40 minutes to arrive in the Sunee Plaza area. The second time we arrived at Pattaya bus station in two hours but several people got off at the bus station. There were four of us left and we stayed on the same bus for delivery to our hotel. Unfortunately the traffic on third road was backed up and it again took a good 30-40 minutes to arrive in the South Pattaya area. Going to the airport, I was picked up promptly 30 minutes before the scheduled departure. Four passengers were picked up and arrived at the bus station five minutes before departure. I know this service is not for everyone, especially for travelers tired from a long flight from say England or America. For many, though, it is a very good service.

MoneySee, you are exactly right. I also have been using Bell Travel Service several times.
1. They do not operate old busses.
2. There service was always very polite and efficent.
3. Travelling between airpirt and Pattaya is not much difference to any taxi but I alsways found more comfortable.
4. In Pattaya we went straight down to hour local address; my condo is in Jomtien which takes usually about 15 mins.

There is no alternative as nearly as good as that.

February 21st, 2007, 18:30
ttom wrote, Bell's busses do have not more than 32 seats

I agree with you ttom on everything except the size of the bus. The first bus ride was on a regular sized bus with 55 seats and toilet on board. The next two rides were in a nice comfortable 22 seat bus. All the buses were newer, clean and in good working order. The air conditioning on the last bus was almost as cold as in a meat locker. I saw one of the Thai passengers covered with a blanket, but I thought it to be quite refreshing. This is great service at a very reasonable price.

February 22nd, 2007, 04:34
ttom wrote, Bell's busses do have not more than 32 seats

I agree with you ttom on everything except the size of the bus. The first bus ride was on a regular sized bus with 55 seats and toilet on board. The next two rides were in a nice comfortable 22 seat bus. All the buses were newer, clean and in good working order. The air conditioning on the last bus was almost as cold as in a meat locker. I saw one of the Thai passengers covered with a blanket, but I thought it to be quite refreshing. This is great service at a very reasonable price.

Hello MonkeySee. Thanks. I've never been at a 55-seater bus operated by Bell travel but a few times at the 22-seater or something slightly bigger. Good to know that they do have larger busses too.

I am not that new to Thailand but still unable to find out more about the freezing temperatures Thai people love so much. Supervisor knows that I am not a friend of air-con systems. I do still prefer fan. We don't discuss this matter any more but as soon as I am leaving a room with air-con, he is starting the bloody machine to lowest temperature possible. He loves it. Maybe it’s in the genes. And soon after he starts a light flue ....

I always take two solid long sleeved shirts with me if we are travel longer distances using public bus. While I am wearing my shirt open with a t-short underneath, after 10 mins or he will also slip into my second shirt which looks funny: For me XXL is fine, for Supervisor size M is often too large.

travelerjim
March 20th, 2007, 18:05
Sawatdee Friends,

Recently my bf and I needed to go from Pattaya to the new Bangkok airport.

My bf called Bell Travel Service at 038-370-055 in Pattaya
(located in North end of the North Pattaya Bus Station)
and the receptionist set us up for pickup at our View Talay #5 Condo (Jomtien Beach area)
at 10:20am for an 11:00am bus departure to the new airport.

A newer Toyota courtesy mini-van arrived at our condo doorsteps as planned at 10:20am...
in 20 minutes we were at the North Pattaya Bus Station,
paid our bus fee of 150 baht each person - YES - only 150 baht per person,
including the door to bus station service. (We happily tipped the minivan driver)

The bus to the airport left promptly at 11:00am. It was newer, comfortable, and seated about 45 passengers.
There were about 12 passengers on this trip.
The bus driver was skilled in his driving and we arrived at the curb for airport check in/departures at 12:40pm...
1 hour and 40 minutes from North Pattaya to the new Bangkok airport.

From Pattaya to the new airport, departures are at 6 - 8 - 11 am - and at 1 - 3- 5 & 7 pm

If you are coming from Bangkok City to the new airport,
the Bangkok phone number is 027-474-675 or 089-449-8843.
Meet the Bangkok Rep located in the new airport on Level 1 - Door #7.

All in all, a pleasant trip ...
and one I would take again...I recommend Bell Travel Service to you :-)

TJ

March 20th, 2007, 19:12
... is truly excellent. Prompt, affordable, polite.

Even Supervisor is always amazed. We always use this service if possible.

We are not using taxi that often anymore. Bell Travel busses are much more comfortable. I also like the good views while trabelling around.

And Supervisor is always keen if he can save some money.

orson
April 20th, 2007, 00:21
how much is the ride from boystown to the north pattaya bus station?

how much is the bus from pattaya to bangkok. (not the airport but the bkk bus station in ekamai).

TrongpaiExpat
April 20th, 2007, 00:32
how much is the ride from boystown to the north pattaya bus station?

how much is the bus from pattaya to bangkok. (not the airport but the bkk bus station in ekamai).

Baht bus 10B to the Circle, then 10B on North Pattaya Rd to Bus station, 20B total.

Bus to Ekamai someting like 109B or 119B can't recall exactly. These buses are getting old looking. Last one I took did not have a second gear, he had to go from first to third with a lot of grinding and shaking.

April 20th, 2007, 03:52
And, be aware of bus 48-51, seat #5. Recent news report said that a dead body had occupied that seat overnight after arriving into Pattaya on the last bus from Bangkok. The driver admitted that he didn't do a check of the interior to make sure everybody had gotten off the bus before he went home.

Do you wonder if they replaced that seat? If so, what did they actually do with the old seat? <shudder>

painai2
April 20th, 2007, 09:41
I've also used the service, which I found reliable, on time, and the price is right. The trouble is that the times don't work out if you go on Northwest, which departs for Tokyo at 6 am and arrives from Tokyo at midnight. If the times do work out for you, I can't imagine going in a taxi for 1500 baht (or more) when you can use the Airport bus for a fraction of the cost. Give that money to a trick instead of a rip off taxi service.

April 20th, 2007, 10:13
donald1 wrote:
Got on the bus, just another one of those beat up old busses that run between pattaya & bangkok. We left 30 minutes late because their pickup driver got lost. TERRIBLE SERVICE albeit a short 90 minute drive to the airport.

I am not sure if donald1 used this same bell travel service bus, because I used it for the fourth time and have nothing but good things to say about the service. I took a motorcycle taxi from south Pattaya road to the bus station on north pattaya road and arrived at 5:50 am. The 6 am bus left right on time and arrived at the airport at 8 am. The 22 seat bus with nice leather reclining seats was clean and newer looking. Service was fine, what do you expect for 150 baht? What a deal????

April 21st, 2007, 14:07
I've also used the service, which I found reliable, on time, and the price is right. The trouble is that the times don't work out if you go on Northwest, which departs for Tokyo at 6 am and arrives from Tokyo at midnight. If the times do work out for you, I can't imagine going in a taxi for 1500 baht (or more) when you can use the Airport bus for a fraction of the cost. Give that money to a trick instead of a rip off taxi service.

Bangkok Taxi costs you between 700 and 800 TBT plus motorway fees, all around about 1000 TBT, not more.

The taxi driver gets between 300 and 400 TBT only, the difference is commission.

orson
May 5th, 2007, 17:40
just like to give you my experience. the airport-pattaya bus from bell service is great. they used the really bus, not a mini-van. service was on time, once arrived in north pattaya, we were transferred to a smaller van which transferred us to our hotels.

took a 80baht baht bus taxi from boystown to north pattaya terminal. got a ticket to ekemai, but got the 40+ seat number. this is the last row, so not very comfortable as the bus was full. i wonder, if i would have been possible to wait another 30 minutes so i can get a reclinable seat on the next bus instead.

TrongpaiExpat
May 5th, 2007, 17:57
but got the 40+ seat number. this is the last row, so not very comfortable as the bus was full. i wonder, if i would have been possible to wait another 30 minutes so i can get a reclinable seat on the next bus instead.

Very good point. Seats numbers 40 and higher do not fit your average size farang. The back seat center is ok for leg room but all those back seats are a few inches narrower. I think they go up to 46 or 48? It may vary with different busses too.

The tickets are generally pre-printed. Best to ask to see the ticket first or ask for the seat number, if it's over 40, just wait till the next 5 or 6 customers come along and get back in line. Then you in the front of the next bus.

Also the seat next to the bath room is not the best but not sure of the number.

May 5th, 2007, 18:05
And, be aware of bus 48-51, seat #5. Recent news report said that a dead body had occupied that seat overnight after arriving into Pattaya on the last bus from Bangkok. The driver admitted that he didn't do a check of the interior to make sure everybody had gotten off the bus before he went home. Do you wonder if they replaced that seat? If so, what did they actually do with the old seat? <shudder>Why is that a problem? You've probably slept in hotel beds where heterosexuals have fucked the night away; and possibly someone has died in that bed

May 5th, 2007, 19:17
And, be aware of bus 48-51, seat #5. Recent news report said that a dead body had occupied that seat overnight after arriving into Pattaya on the last bus from Bangkok. The driver admitted that he didn't do a check of the interior to make sure everybody had gotten off the bus before he went home. Do you wonder if they replaced that seat? If so, what did they actually do with the old seat? <shudder>Why is that a problem? You've probably slept in hotel beds where heterosexuals have fucked the night away; and possibly someone has died in that bed

Pattaya - Ekkamai (busses 48 - xx) or Mor Chit 2

??? Bus tickets are usually not pre-printed, only if there have been pre-bookings and tickets have been left. If you don’ like a certain seat and there no alternative available, simply book for a seat on the next bus. You can give any seat number you like, unless the seat is already taken due to pre-bookings which is unlikely since this is uncommon on Bangkok-Pattaya services. There is no need to leave the queue for the next bus.

If you’re size does not fitting the regular seats, it could be a solution to book two seats next to each other. Due to the low fair even this financial burden should be acceptable.

The seating layout of busses is not identical. It’s wise to ask politely for a seat with extra leg room if required. The staff know there busses – and will provide you with a sufficient ticket.

They always found a proper seat for me, and I am well above Thai standard size. Having travelled hundreds of thousands kilometres in Thailand I know what I am talking about.