PDA

View Full Version : XBoom no more?

February 18th, 2007, 17:05
I was walking to XBoom after DJ last night...but the soi was very quiet, didn't see anybody going in, and did not hear any music from outside.
no more XBoom?

February 18th, 2007, 17:22
They have had ignored previous warnings. First step usually is a fine of 2000 TBT, second is suspending the licence (closing down) for a day.

Immediate suspending the licence for 30 days is imposed as last step before scrapping the licence totally.

A good (and clever) business proprietor usually has another licence in reserve.

Some popular bars never close but chance names rapidly “under new management”.

Sen Yai
February 18th, 2007, 17:31
This is probably a temporary situation, resulting from the recent change of Police Chief in Bangkok.

The recent 'raids' in Soi Twilight resulting in shorts and vests in some bars and the closing of DJ and GOD at 2:00am were also a consequence of the new appointment. DJ had been pushing closing times to 2:30 and 3:00am in recent months after may years of strict 2:00am closing.

Hopefully all the new tea money arrangements will soon be in place and things will return to 'normal'.

TrongpaiExpat
February 19th, 2007, 02:00
I was walking to XBoom after DJ last night...but the soi was very quiet, didn't see anybody going in, and did not hear any music from outside.
no more XBoom?

What time? They do not open till 0200 now. There's another new one down the soi, on the right. Tout tried to get me to go in and said open all night. It was about 0130 and X boom was still not open.

Lots open after hours in Ramkhamhaeng. They close the lights outside but inside open.

February 20th, 2007, 09:54
no more XBoom?

What time? They do not open till 0200 now. There's another new one down the soi, on the right. Tout tried to get me to go in and said open all night. It was about 0130 and X boom was still not open.

Lots open after hours in Ramkhamhaeng. They close the lights outside but inside open.

DJ nowadays (at least this saturday and sunday while i was there) started playing slow music at 2:15 and turned on all the lights, of coure people linger arond in the soi and on the street for quite sometime. I walked to Xboom, but nobody was wlking there and when I got there...it was quiet and dead.

Ramkhamhaeng has an interesting gay scene to explore, but is for local thais. Unless you speak thia or go with thais...you won't have a clue and can easily get lost. Unlike the guys at DJ where fashionable muuscle marys are aboundent, clubs Ramkhamhaeng are more of skinny dark local thai looks, which is really not my type. And these thai always go with a group of friends, dance by their own table and don't talk to strangers. Ramkhamhaeng is also quite a taxi trip: 100+baht. from silom plus the trael time. It requires an effort, and you better make it worthwhile :-)

February 20th, 2007, 15:09
There's another new one down the soi, on the right. Tout tried to get me to go in and said open all night. It was about 0130 and X boom was still not open.

in the same soil as Xboom?...but the whole soi was dead when I was there.

TrongpaiExpat
February 20th, 2007, 15:21
I can't remember if it was last Friday or Saturday night. Friday, I think. It's on the right just before Narahivatchanakarin. I did not look in and know nothing about the place. Might be open only weekends.