PDA

View Full Version : The Hetero invasion..

catawampuscat
February 17th, 2007, 11:13
After a very boring first and last time visit to Crystal Boys on Pattayaland soi 2, I decided to try the midnite show at
Wild West Boys, after reading there was more nudity than at the 10:30PM. Well, it wasn't true last nite, as there wasn't
a loose pecker in the house..
I can almost include the audience as well, as women customers outnumbered the men by two or three to one, and some of the men were the straight companions of the women. Wild West Boys was packed and there wasn't a free seat for the midnite show but it was tamer than any 10:30PM show I have seen there.. Maybe just that nite but not worth waiting until midnite..

I suppose for the groups of females who travel to Pattaya or the straight couples that travel en masse, the boy/men shows offer
some titillation to the ladies but their sheer numbers and presence doesn't help and from my observations, they don't tip the boys
or off them (except for some of the Japanese/Asian women) but they do buy drinks and fill the seats.

I don't blame the boy bar owners as they need the business and the income and the "I'll nurse my one soda water all nite" type
farangs will not add much to the coffers. Hopefully, this hetero invasion will slow down soon as the high season draws to a close
but it is a shame when they crowd us out and smoke cigarettes to boot..

globalwanderer
February 17th, 2007, 12:07
Seems to be a growing trend for all the show bars.

TrongpaiExpat
February 17th, 2007, 12:24
Same-Same in Bangkok. I sat at Dick's last night and watched straight couple after couple go in the bars. About three straight couples for every single male. Some of the straights were on the old side too, looked out of place, sort of like Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel go to the sex shows. It must be the in thing to do when on a holiday in Bangkok. At least, I have not seen any tour groups, yet.

paulg
February 17th, 2007, 12:24
wonder what impact this will have on Throb

They were into the tourist trade for half their crowd

globalwanderer
February 17th, 2007, 14:32
Throb first show last night teh crowd was over 50% hetro... couples and groups of women

Dboy
February 17th, 2007, 17:44
I don't really have any problem with this. Girls like shows, and even straight guys MUST know how beautiful young males can be. Both Soi 1 and Soi 2 are straight/gay blended venues, so this will happen. Besides,
one of my new years resolutions involves ruining straight marriages and recruiting people into the gay lifestyle. This can only help.

Dboy

Alaan
February 18th, 2007, 07:07
I must admit when I saw the initial statement from,I think Wowpow, that WWB was moving to larger premises I was totally underwhelmed for two basic reasons, the first being that these kind of guys simply do nothing for me, Ok I know lots of others love them, and that is fine, but secondly, I personally do not enjoy being in a 'gay bar' accompanied by a boyfriend/gayguy with a large amount of women and straight farang males in the place.

I find the ambiance of such a bar uncomfortable, again this is purely my own feeling about it, I am well aware of all the economic implications of having as big a crowd as possible but I simply don't enjoy myself surrounded by western straights. I have on occasion been to Throb and Abomb which maybe has 2 or 3 Jap/korean females present and I don't seem to mind that, but when large amounts of mixed straights appear in a gaybar that I'm already in I do mind and leave fairly quickly. I know some of them are dragged off the street by well meaning doormen just doing their jobs, and they go there for fun, but many have a sneering attitude I don't care for and as well as laughing at the boys on-stage antics I have also seen them look around the bar staring at gay farangs with their Thai boys/guys and also use this as a source of amusement and ridicule, which I find insulting.

But I can see from some of the enthusiastic reports from some of the posters on this forum it doesn't seem to bother others in the same way it bothers me, and I'm sure the owners are very happy with a full bar, as in one of its previous incarnations it was called Planet Rock, a lady agogo, and had musicians playing live rock music outside on the terrace, the guys playing there were old friends of mine, so we often used to sit on the terrace for a few beers getting our requests played, when you needed to take a piss the toilet was located inside the Lady agogo at the far side of the bar so we used to find ourselves going through the place a couple of times during the evening. There were only ever a handfull of punters in the place and were always outnumbered by the gogo girls so who can blame the owners for turning a pound when they can, but I won't be a contributor.

I agree with Catawampuscat that it is a pity that the gay guys who like these type of gogo boys are crowded out by straights but I would be surprised if the hetro invasion significantly reduces as the bar is in a very good position at the start of the soi and so is able to be first to entice potential passers-by.

Aunty
February 18th, 2007, 09:41
I find the ambiance of such a bar uncomfortable, again this is purely my own feeling about it.................but when large amounts of mixed straights appear in a gaybar that I'm already in I do mind and leave fairly quickly. I know some of them are dragged off the street by well meaning doormen just doing their jobs, and they go there for fun, but many have a sneering attitude I don't care for and as well as laughing at the boys on-stage antics I have also seen them look around the bar staring at gay farangs with their Thai boys/guys and also use this as a source of amusement and ridicule, which I find insulting.

I for one share your views entirely, Alaan, and I imagine that there would be many many other gay men who feel that way too. The thought of sneering breeder couples or large numbers of drunken women on-heat staring at me whilst in the company of a boy or taking one back to my hotel, turns me right off. I wouldnтАЩt be a contributor either to such a place.

I only hope that not too many gay bars encourage large numbers of straights or women to enter as I fear that over time it will inhibit and then stop gay men from going to these bars. When you think about it, why donтАЩt the str8 Gogo bars have womenтАЩs nights, or boy bars where itтАЩs clear they cater to women clientele, and leave the gay bars alone?

bkkguy
February 18th, 2007, 11:00
the owners of WWB used to run girl go-go bars, do they now think they are running a "gay" go-go bar or a "boy" go-go bar? who do they see as their target audience? do they perhaps have more sympathy with the straights that have to put up with the dirty old men in the audience? or do they not think about it only being interested in bums on seats with drinks in hand and are thus picking whatever meat they need on stage to get the punters in?

bkkguy

globalwanderer
February 18th, 2007, 11:06
My guess the latter... bums on seats... cash in pocket

February 18th, 2007, 11:07
The bars make their money from drinks and tips, and off fees. The boys make their money from being offed. Male or female they do not care as bums on seats and drinks equals cash.

Thus, once the boy is offed, the bar never sees the money.

That is why the touts in BKK are so gung ho - you cannot walk down the soi without being pushed and pulled.

February 18th, 2007, 11:38
It sure bothers me.

My first and only trip to Sunee Plaza, I went in the KAOS bar and was starting to enjoy a younger generation than I had ever known before. The atmosphere was soon devastated by a group of six hetro couples just touring to make fun of us. I admired the way some of the young boys on stage displayed their best to the women and was smiling while jerking it. Still, the hetro couple routine was not comfortable for me.

I left. Otherwise, I probably would have taken one of the young guys home, just to try something different.

No thanks. As far as I am concerned, the outside hustler boys did not do their job if they enticed them in. Those boys should be keeping the straight couples out. Why would a bar want them when they don't buy drinks and they ruin the atmosphere the rest of us come to enjoy and pay for.

Actually, I felt sorry for the young men on stage being asked to show their all when in comes mom and aunt Matilda from South Dakota. Give me a break, and spare the young Thai boys the embarrasement.

Why not charge a cover charge (selective of course) to keep these dogs out.

February 18th, 2007, 16:30
My first and only trip to Sunee Plaza, I went in the KAOS bar and was starting to enjoy a younger generation than I had ever known before. The atmosphere was soon devastated by a group of six hetro couples just touring to make fun of us.

SIX hetero couples......... that is 12 persons???? In Sunee Plaza in THAILAND?????? In KAOS bar????? Puhleeeeeeessssse you gotta be joking. This fantasy post confirms my suspicions that you have never set foot in LOS.

Honey, that is nothing but BULLSHIT.

catawampuscat
February 18th, 2007, 17:39
maybe we rushed to judgement and paul has a point..Six hetero couples in Kaos, is bullshit and splash 4 is pushing his
luck and quickly wearing out his welcome on this forum with absurd stories. sorry paul for putting you down, you just
smelt a rat faster than the rest of us.. :cat:

Doug
February 18th, 2007, 19:20
What would out collective attitude be if, on one evening, our Thai boyfriend expressed a wish to go to a lady bar and the doormen refused entrance because we were boy/boy.

My attitude is to just ignore them. However, often my boyfriend enjoys acting out as extreen gay and molesting me infrount of these hetro gawkers. Then it is usually they that leave.

adman5000
February 18th, 2007, 19:45
Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. For me, I agree that I don't care to be sitting in a bar with hetero couples for the reasons stated. During my last trip to Pattaya I visited the Wild West Boys Bar and a large group of women gathered at the bar itself. their laughing and cackling nearly drowned out the music and for me, ruined the atmosphere. I was unsure why they came as they were not even looking at the boys. It was very strange. I will give the bar another try my next visit and hope for a different atmosphere.

February 18th, 2007, 20:15
It is no secret that most of the bar boys are not gay at all.

And as long as I remember there where couples wandering from bar to bar finding a experiences toy boy to sweeten up there holiday. Someone they can use together.

They boys wouldn’t mind at all …

catawampuscat
February 18th, 2007, 23:11
Boy bars are not gay bars... Of course, since mostly gay men go to the boy bars it is easy to think of them as gay bars, but they
are simply boy bars where boys are available to anyone who can afford it , male, females or even a straight couple.
The only really gay places in Thailand are the saunas and no of course no females and the vast majority of the men are gay.

In the West, we are used to calling bars where gay men go, gay bars, but in most cases women can and do go and they are
still gay bars. I have no problem with women who want the companionship and sexual services of Thai boys/men and are
willing to pay the off and tip the boys. The problem is when groups of females or groups of straight couples go to see the boy
shows and behave boorishly usually with the help of alcohol, and we are forced to share a part of our world with the breeders.

Economical realities make it a necessity and if it wasn't for the straight world, the whole transvestite/transsexual show world would
be much smaller and places like Tiffany could not exist.. No loss as far as I am concerned but these places employ hundreds of
gay people and bring in lots of cash, which fuels the bars, karaokes, discos etc. We have to grin and bear it and the issue disappears
when the high season closes and it becomes the ex-pats exclusive party town again.

February 19th, 2007, 06:08
Thanks Cat, Hon, for agreeeing with me on this and also smelling the rat.

Anyone who frequents Sunee would know this bullshit in an instant............... Cheers Darl.

Which brings me to the point of why these people bother posting their lies fantasies here - not to mention all the cronies who stick up for them and slag me off!??????????

Anyhoo, I can tone my posts down now I am not so heated up on the issue.

February 19th, 2007, 12:43
My apologies to Paul2257 if I exaggerated the number of folks on that tour parading thru the bar. I can promise you it was at least four couples. I was setting near the entrance side and got them both on entry and then when they made the circle and was taking their sweet time getting out while blocking our view. The husbands seemed totally out of place and uncomfortable trailing the wives. They did not stay, did not buy a drink, and cast stares between the boys and the audience. It was like a delegation from the southern baptist Morales committee. Again to Paul, my posting was not intended as a "lie fantasy" as you referenced. As a newbie to LOS I was just made to feel uncomfortable being looked down upon by the evil eyes of Church Woman. I will avoid further postings.

February 19th, 2007, 13:20
I will avoid further postings.

Why?

There will always be scumbags like paul2257 waiting to pounce at every chance they can on a newbie or even a regular poster.

Just ignore them as they are what discourages new members and from the lack of recent useful information posted on the board, that some posters have complained about, there is a desperate need for newbies views/opinions on the city.

Aunty
February 19th, 2007, 14:47
Boy bars are not gay bars... Of course, since mostly gay men go to the boy bars it is easy to think of them as gay bars, but they are simply boy bars where boys are available to anyone who can afford it , male, females or even a straight couple.

Oh really? Well perhaps you could explain it then, Einstein, way all the fucking and other sex orientated shows that happen in these so-called (your term) non-gay 'boy bars', involve men arse-pumping each other, without so much as a vagina in sight?

Sounds pretty gay to me.

catawampuscat
February 20th, 2007, 07:45
I stated quite clearly that the boy bars serve primarily gay men. If vaginas were part of the show, the gay men would
go elsewhere, the lady boys are already enough torture for many of us.
Why some posters get so hung up on their fantasties that the boys are gay when many are just not gay whether
aunty likes it or not. Women are welcome in most boy bars and many boys perfer to be offed by women rather than
men. Big deal, just reality!!

Gay bars mean a bar where gay men go to meet other gay men, sometimes with their females friends but definitely
where gay men go to meet gay men and socialize and maybe have sex with other gay men.
Boy bars mean a bar where boys offer their services primarily to gay men but to women or male/female couples or
male/male couples or ladyboys or transsexuals or transvestites. The boys working there may be gay or lady boys or
heterosexual in orientation and only a fool thinks they are all gay and these are gay bars..They are boy bars aunty, whether
you like it or not and rude bitchy posting by you don't change the realities.
Any boy bar you go to has at least one vagina in it, aunty and it is in your panties.....

catawampuscat
February 20th, 2007, 08:29
I intended to post more on the hetero invasion but was distracted by a silly goose.
Well here goes, unfortunately, late last nite, I decided to see the show at Sawatdee Boys on Pattayaland Soi 1 at
11:45PM. A group of 4 or 5 heteros were sitting in one corner and I ordered my drink before I noticed them. One large blond
woman in the group starting taking flash photographs of the boys and the mamasan rushed over but the woman's large
imposing man friends literally picked by the mamasan and pulled her top up over her head. He also grabbed his waiter's ass very aggressively and very impolitely as if the boy was a piece of meat. Minutes later, 3 or 4 more men joined this group now consisting of 4 women and 6 men and they were drunk and disorderly. Some of the men jumped on the stage, some grabbed the boys undershorts and
pulled them down, and the 11:45 show never happened. The blond women actually went into the large toilet room with her camera
and harassed and pestered the boys who looked very perplexed and uncomfortable. The men were very aggressive and in short
time the crowded bar emptied of patrons and I had a headache from the scene.

I found it weird that I had authored a thread on the very topic and had to experience it in extreme.
I should have left earlier, but foolishly hoped the heteros would leave before the show. The mamasans and waiters were hovering around the group to prevent photographing,but the hetero men just picked them up and behaved most boorishly. I thought of complaining to the mamasan and threatening she would lose my patronage but I could see there wasn't much the staff could do as this gaggle of heteros was capable of thrashing the bar and injuring people. Really an ugly scene and if it occurs again, I will leave immediately.. The lady bars must be a nightmare when large groups of drunken farangs act up like this..

bucknaway
February 20th, 2007, 08:37
I still think back to my time in Throbb when some uncomfortably-hetero guys tried to hard to pretend to be comfortable looking at the guys in thongs and ladyboys perform... They laughed too loud, clapped too aggressively, yelled out false enjoyment too hard.... My enjoyment began when they left.

Aunty
February 20th, 2007, 12:10
I'm as thick as a row of brick shit houses

Christ, I always knew you were thick, but I never knew you were as thick as that! Which part in the movie did you play darling; dumb, dumber or dumbest?

They are gay bars darling, and you saying they are not doesn't make it so. The sexuality of the sex-workers who work in these establishments is entirely irrelevant to what this topic is all about.

Aunty
February 20th, 2007, 12:16
I thought of complaining to the mamasan and threatening she would lose my patronage.

Well at least something good nearly came out of this fracas for the bar and the mamasan.

February 20th, 2007, 12:23
Christ, I always knew you were thick, but I never knew you were as thick as that! Which part in the movie did you play darling; dumb, dumber or dumbest?It's good to see that the Editor of Nuclear Physics for the Under Fives is back in stride. It's November 4, 2006 all over again - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=314 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog_entry.php?e=314)

Aunty
February 20th, 2007, 14:02
Ah Beryl and Cupofwarmpiss, two of Thailand's vilest ex-pat freaks. What a fitting couple they make.

February 20th, 2007, 14:20
Ah Beryl and Cupofwarmpiss, two of Thailand's vilest ex-pat freaksPot, kettle ... ? It makes you wonder what the criteria are these days for Mensa membership (Aunty's Blog: Aunty's Mensa Moments - Mission Statement: I'm an educated, well read man)

catawampuscat
February 20th, 2007, 15:53
Smiles, I think Aunty just wrote a posting that should make the VV a contender for the yukks award.
Aunty fabricated a quotation, albeit with a corruption of catawampuscat's handle but to the casual observer, it would
appear as if catawamputcat wrote it...

Really sad when this forum's foremost VV has to sink to new lows to make a stupid point..
and aunty, dear vagina, no matter how many times you say the same thing you are still full of shit and wrong.

And the worst thing this VV (vile vagina) has done to this poster is to team him up with the fruitcake of all fruitcakes,
the colonel, with whom I have nothing in common except perhaps we both have VV with his foot in his mouth..
Taking on a female persona and handle such as aunty shows more about this dingbat than anything I can add but
they are boy bars not gay bars....

Aunty
February 20th, 2007, 16:40
And the worst thing this VV (vile vagina) has done to this poster is to team him up with the fruitcake of all fruitcakes,
the colonel, with whom I have nothing in common

What is it that birds of a feather do again darling? Oh of course how silly of me, they flock together.

Dboy
February 20th, 2007, 18:09
without so much as a vagina in sight?

Everyone is frightened by pink tacos, both straight and gay. I still suspect those things may have teeth, although the Discovery Channel seems unlikely to investigate the issue.

Dboy

February 20th, 2007, 22:48
I went to WWB in January with my BF and a friend of his and had the same experience as bucknaway. 3 russian hetero couples. Drunk, loud, and rude. The men where trying to hard to show they found everything funny to prove how "straight" they were. Really ruined the show.

February 21st, 2007, 17:45
I thought I'd respond collectively to all those PMs I received in the last 24 hours about poster Aunty. I'm afraid it's personal. A more complete rendition of The Colonel's family tree will shortly appear on my Blog (Ripping Yarns from a Visa Runner - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... g.php?w=40 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog.php?w=40) ) but in summary my sister got pregnant and ran away with the father (an under footman) to New Zealand, where she gave birth to the person better known to us all as "Aunty" - in reality I am Aunty's aunty, a fact that is particularly galling to both of us. The poor chap also labours under the delusion that he is an educated, well-read man. Scientists everywhere acknowledge that scientific hypothesis advances using, at best, something known as the balance of probability. Read any of Aunty's posts here and you will rapidly conclude that the balance of probability for that particular hypothesis - that Aunty is an educated, well-read man - is somewhere between improbable and impossible

February 22nd, 2007, 11:22
... thanks for the suggestion (eyes left)

Aunty
February 22nd, 2007, 13:16
Lol. You're totally obsessed with me Hovelturd aren't you. I bet you even want my used panties. LMFAO. You diseased cunt.

What's the matter darling, did Mummy not pay enough attention to you, hmm? You poor baby.

February 22nd, 2007, 13:57
Lol. You're totally obsessed with me Hovelturd aren't you. I bet you even want my used panties. LMFAO. You diseased cunt. What's the matter darling, did Mummy not pay enough attention to you, hmm? You poor baby.